United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:52 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Some absolute strokers on here who seem to think every one on one with a keeper is an automatic goal.

Says a lot tbf
Apparently not if we're playing

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
would have to type pretty quickly to make the point between the delicious through ball and his bad first touch pretty much making his mind up for him.

absolutely no way anyone takes the keeper on instead of shooting in that situation. soz.
Cheers Jem. Rashford will take your opinion into account next time he’s getting sponsored by Barclays to play walking football

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Cheers Jem. Rashford will take your opinion into account next time he’s getting sponsored by Barclays to play walking football
Zlatan getting stick now too?...

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
far to often we end up giving the initiative to the opposition. his tactic of playing a line of men deep and then a deep midfield, conceding possession and space in the midfield... just invites pressure. sometimes we hold out or get lucky (in the last couple of weeks); sometimes we don't. but why gamble? mourinho is gutless and shit. it's not his fault players missed chances, but it is his fault we don't have the right shape.
Some games I'd agree with you. after the WBA game I was pissed off at how defensive we became, but I don't think we did today. Every time we broke we committed a lot of players forward. Its not like DeGea had a string of saves to make. I don't recall him making any . Had even 1 of those one on one chances gone in we'd all be happy. In saying that some on here will never be happy

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Some shit talked on here. He was about to roll it into an empty net and got brought down by the keeper ffs. Hindsight reds
Draggers it's Christmas so I don't want to get in an kerfuffle but he really should have just smashed it and at the very least taken out that c*** Schmeichel

Clownbones

Rashford scores , Rashford misses......bigger picture is this team collectively makes poor decisions

Could defend each of the three misses .... but all three? .... Then the errors at the back.... Then the Smalling thing.... we blew it. We blow it a lot.

jem

Quote:
that's just a £#%&!ing stupid comment. anyone can see what he should have done there. he could have £#%&!ing passed it into the net from where he got it. if this is meant to be a "you're old and shit at football" comment, it's wasted, pointless and inaccurate. but then, as far as sensible discussion goes, I expect you to try to walk it round the keeper every time.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:59 PM
Norm

Thought we played well tonight apart from the missed chances. If Dave comes for the cross we win.

Unread 23-12-2017, 11:59 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Draggers it's Christmas so I don't want to get in an kerfuffle but he really should have just smashed it and at the very least taken out that c*** Schmeichel

I half agree tbf, but even so- it's not like he's £#%&!ed it up completely like some are saying. He was about to score and for fouled. It's a pen and maybe a red. Ref shit out into.

£#%&!ing unbelievable we didn't win that. Lingard's chance- that was the one

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:00 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Some games I'd agree with you. after the WBA game I was pissed off at how defensive we became, but I don't think we did today. Every time we broke we committed a lot of players forward. Its not like DeGea had a string of saves to make. I don't recall him making any . Had even 1 of those one on one chances gone in we'd all be happy. In saying that some on here will never be happy
I'm not suggesting we played like that all game, but the last five minutes was suboptimal.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:01 AM
NegativeNorris

It says a lot when there's petty arguing over a potential penalty that we didn't get. The reason we didn't win is because we are pretty shit. Too many people are too quick to blame the referee for every dropped point, rather than look at the shower of shit on the pitch and sat on the sidelines, that continues to disappoint. Rashford f***ed it up, clearly. Yes it should've been a penalty, but Rashford bottled a one on one.
The Smalling farce at the end is the biggest f*** up. Seemingly no urgency to reorganise the defence, when he was obviously f***ed. You could see there goal coming from a f***ing mile away. Mourinho just sat there with his thumb up his arse, wishing he was in Paris. Well I wish he was in Paris too, the miserable old fraud.

We can look so comfortable in games, but the team just crumbles when under the slightest pressure. The players are completely spineless.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Rashford scores , Rashford misses......bigger picture is this team collectively makes poor decisions

Could defend each of the three misses .... but all three? .... Then the errors at the back.... Then the Smalling thing.... we blew it. We blow it a lot.
Look at the City game, two horrendous #@&%! ups at the back and missed sitters.

Then again at Bristol more horrendous #@&%! ups at the back.

Then again tonight missed sitters and horrendous #@&%! ups.

It’s a theme.

Clownbones

Quote:

I half agree tbf, but even so- it's not like he's £#%&!ed it up completely like some are saying. He was about to score and for fouled. It's a pen and maybe a red. Ref shit out into.

Nah not an outright £#%&! up. Decision just left it in the hands of a ref....and who the £#%&! trusts these refs?

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:02 AM
utd99

Quote:

Right. Any of them in isolation we’d be laughing; but all three? £#%&!ing hell. Larry, Curly and Mo cost us that game, not Smalling.

Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

Wasn't just the 3 misses, how many times did we butcher opportunities to create one on ones? Not a Rash bash but he also £#%&!ed up a very simple chance when Rom was all alone & just needed a simple pass. Rash is young & has some real attributes. But he is not ready to lead the line at Utd. A fair reflection of that game would have been 5-1. Mourinho isn't to blame for this one

jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
It says a lot when there's petty arguing over a potential penalty that we didn't get. The reason we didn't win is because we are pretty shit. Too many people are too quick to blame the referee for every dropped point, rather than look at the shower of shit on the pitch and sat on the sidelines, that continues to disappoint. Rashford £#%&!ed it up, clearly. Yes it should've been a penalty, but Rashford bottled a one on one.
The Smalling farce at the end is the biggest £#%&! up. Seemingly no urgency to reorganise the defence, when he was obviously £#%&!ed. You could see there goal coming from a £#%&!ing mile away. Mourinho just sat there with his thumb up his arse, wishing he was in Paris. Well I wish he was in Paris too, the miserable old fraud.
to be fair, whilst it should have been a penalty.... most people are saying we missed a series of sitters and defending rashford on the basis he was brought down... not blaming the ref. even though he had a perfect view. so, no.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Look at the City game, two horrendous #@&%! ups at the back and missed sitters.

Then again at Bristol more horrendous #@&%! ups at the back.

Then again tonight missed sitters and horrendous #@&%! ups.

It’s a theme.
Exactly pal.

We either miss or concede at crucial times

Lauded as a good defensive team but switch off in big moments and games

Big goals tally for the season but can't kill games off or score at £#%&!ing Anfield or Stamford bridge

Made it clear I'm not Mourinho fan don't think he spreads confidence..... but it's been a theme for years..

Couple of class players, a few good ones and then a big £#%&!ing shoal of shitbags and idiots

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
What a £#%&!ing shit week.

two injury time goals conceded in the space of 4 £#%&!ing days against two £#%&!ing shite teams.
So at what point do you start leveling some of it at the @#%&! that puts the rest of the @#%&!s on the pitch and trains said @#%&!s all pissing week?

It never stopped you in the past so confused as to why you now have this blind faith?

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:06 AM
suedeshoes

It was never a penalty in a million years.

We £#%&!ed up. We should've won but we £#%&!ed up. If we had some men in the team we might not've done but we haven't so we did.

Unread 24-12-2017, 12:08 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It was never a penalty in a million years.

We £#%&!ed up. We should've won but we £#%&!ed up. If we had some men in the team we might not've done but we haven't so we did.
He touched the ball first for sure, but then he hooked his hand around to take Rashford out. He knew what he was doing. Penalty.