United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Do you honestly think that's true anymore? United beat themselves more often than not.
City were good today but we were £#%&!ing awful, when we went at them we looked ok. However, we are just a very ordinary side, even more so without Poggers.

Rashford, Matic, Dave obv but the rest are just plain bog standard. We get excited when a 38 year old crock comes on and expect miracles City ain't all that and will be found out in Europe thankfully
36, but yeah.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Was it really any different when we were getting 89 points a season or is it that now we’re in the mix we couldn’t give a shit about ten years ago?
Definitely. It's great when it's us that much better than everyone else. It's a £#%&!ing indictment when it's not.

What's wrong with that?

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, as i've said before, signing Lukaku, Matic and Lindelof was never going to get us from 6th to 1st. As it is, we've improved so i'll take that.

I can get my head around and deal with losing to better teams, it's losing to shite like huddersfield and drawing with toss like Stoke that pisses me off. Those are the results that you should get annoyed about.

losing by the odd goal to teams like chelsea and city can happen because they're the better teams in the league.
spot on that tbh

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Was it really any different when we were getting 89 points a season or is it that now we’re in the mix we couldn’t give a shit about ten years ago?
We will be fortunate if city get just 89 points this campaign the way things are going

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Ticker tape pictures in our dressing room.
December 10th

Remember this.....

Awful club.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
December 10th

Remember this.....

Awful club.
This. Never ever forget. Mickey Carrol of football

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
December 10th

Remember this.....

Awful club.
What?! Turned it off ages ago. They’re celebrating with ticker tape already? Oh dear, if that doesn’t motivate every £#%&!er who plays against them I don’t what does.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
This. Never ever forget. Mickey Carrol of football

What are we then? We had the fortune and £#%&!ing blew it.

Tiberian

Quote:
10 years ago the Pl was getting multiple teams deep into the CL every year. It started to dip around 2010 when Spain started to take the best talent from the league, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric. Also some of the best domestic talent was winding down, Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

Post Fergie years have been a really bad time for the PL in general, not just for Utd, lot of money thrown at bad, little in the way of vision from the top clubs.

The league is in a better place to challenge in the CL this year, though I do think that Bayern/Real/Barca/Juve have all regressed from where they were.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
10 years ago the Pl was getting multiple teams deep into the CL every year. It started to dip around 2010 when Spain started to take the best talent from the league, Ronaldo, Bale, Modric. Also some of the best domestic talent was winding down, Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Gerrard, Lampard etc.

Post Fergie years have been a really bad time for the PL in general, not just for Utd, lot of money thrown at bad, little in the way of vision from the top clubs.

The league is in a better place to challenge in the CL this year, though I do think that Bayern/Real/Barca/Juve have all regressed from where they were.
Everything is cyclical though, right? I mean people forget that RM were largely potless for a decade ahead of this incarnation. Italy had their turn, then us, then Spain and Germany. The decisions you make in the downturn are critical, and we’ve made some shit ones for sure.

The point is, were we really talking about how shit the Premier League was when we were dominating? Or when we were sharing it with Arsenal, then Chelsea, then City? I mean, realistically, how many teams could have won it back then? One or two usually. The rest were fodder for us week in and week out.

Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Jesus, give it a rest. You’re like £#%&!ing Eeyore.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Everything is cyclical though, right? I mean people forget that RM were largely potless for a decade ahead of this incarnation. Italy had their turn, then us, then Spain and Germany. The decisions you make in the downturn are critical, and we’ve made some shit ones for sure.

The point is, were we really talking about how shit the Premier League was when we were dominating? Or when we were sharing it with Arsenal, then Chelsea, then City? I mean, realistically, how many teams could have won it back then? One or two usually. The rest were fodder for us week in and week out.
True, all in your perspective. Part of it is just being jaded and the power of nostalgia but when I watch the PL these days I see so much poor football, not just Utd but throughout the league. You mentioned missing the men that used to make up the team, strong characters who showed it in how they played, think it is a league wide problem. That game today, think back to Utd against Wenger's best Arsenal sides or the early Mou Chelsea teams, did not even come close for intensity.

Chelsea V City, 2 of the stronger teams in recent years, do they even have a signature game or any sign of a rivalry, just an utterly anodyne fixture.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:45 PM
Norm

Our composure on the ball when pressed not even brilliantly pissed me off. Centre backs hoofing clearances 30 ft straight up in the air, midfielders just playing it first time straight back from where it came then running off. Wide players terrified of pressure immediately trying to win a throw.
Centre forward who despite being a big lummox has no strength with back to goal, doesn't have the sense of what's going on around him when unchallenged just needlessly gives the ball away with a bad header when he should have brought it down.

Just tell them to try their normal game and if they lose the ball then dont worry in time they will be better players.

Unread 10-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Shade

Have to say, it's worrying how shit United are when it comes to keeping the ball against the decent sides.

Hell, even against some of the shit teams we lose out on the possession stats if we score first early and the opposition comes out to attack.

I know possession stats mean f*** all but it does signal a weakness in this area of United's game.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Beaten by a miles better team, they’re beatable but so are we so Leagues done.

Some of our players have been shown up in front of the footballing world to be the lazy overhyped #@&%!s safety first cowards that they are. Hopefully there’s the right reaction from the club because it’s not good enough for a club our size.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
True, all in your perspective. Part of it is just being jaded and the power of nostalgia but when I watch the PL these days I see so much poor football, not just Utd but throughout the league. You mentioned missing the men that used to make up the team, strong characters who showed it in how they played, think it is a league wide problem. That game today, think back to Utd against Wenger's best Arsenal sides or the early Mou Chelsea teams, did not even come close for intensity.

Chelsea V City, 2 of the stronger teams in recent years, do they even have a signature game or any sign of a rivalry, just an utterly anodyne fixture.
You’re right.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Some of our players have been shown up in front of the footballing world to be the lazy overhyped #@&%!s safety first cowards that they are. Hopefully there’s the right reaction from the club because it’s not good enough for a club our size.
There won't be a reaction from the club.

The same shitc***s will have some good games against the shit teams and will be back in everyone's good books again. Which means they'll buy themselves yet another season at the club. And the same the season after.

It's like a never-ending cycle of shit.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:23 PM
utd99

If I were Ashley Young I’d have been sorely tempted to just clean Sterling out in the 91st minute with all that %@#$&!s in the corner. And I mean properly clean him out; shins, hips, teeth, everything. £#%&! it take a six month ban and get your name sung every week forever...

I despise that little mincer.

Unread 10-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Spock

Quote:
It is still a crap league isn't it? City walking it, fairly average Utd and Chelsea teams in transition scuffling over second, the rest of the top 6 making up the numbers, no real threat. The less said about the rest of the league the better.
it's bloody awful