United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Guardiola has spent a lot of money and improved City.

Mourinho has spent a lot of money and we still rely on percentage football in big games. We still have the same core of non footballers making up the majority of our side.
City, even though I do not think they are as good as the results suggest, have a defined style of play that they are confident in. Utd is hoofball and individual play, either mistakes from the opposition or a moment of magic from one of ours, normally Pogba.

No real sign of Mou building a more progressive style of play that he will believe in for these big games. Arsenal last week was fun, but if Utd99 thinks Utd are children, Arsenal are fetuses, Give Mou another £200 million more to spend and the individual quality will improve but I doubt the overall approach will change much.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:07 PM
magic_cantona

The pressing between the Arsenal game and this - 100% worse. Can't understand it tbh. Giving them all the time in the world on the ball. £#%&!ing crazy.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
5 months into the season and City show no signs of stopping, one single injury to the entire squad, no suspensions, their players all look full of confidence..

If anyone thinks they're going to mess up so badly as to allow any other team to over take them, then they must believe in miracles.
Mate, I hate to break it to you but they haven’t been great recently, and they weren’t that great today. At times this season they’ve been unplayable, but that never lasts; unfortunately the fear it engenders does, and today we were guilty as sin. We played as though we were shit scared from minute one. All the little things that show confidence were missing. We handed it to them on a £#%&!ing plate, and by the end they were taking the piss.

It wasn’t being second best in terms of play that pissed me off so much as being second best in terms of bravery. We have a team of flimsy children.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
City, even though I do not think they are as good as the results suggest, have a defined style of play that they are confident in. Utd is hoofball and individual play, either mistakes from the opposition or a moment of magic from one of ours, normally Pogba.

No real sign of Mou building a more progressive style of play that he will believe in for these big games. Arsenal last week was fun, but if Utd99 thinks Utd are children, Arsenal are fetuses, Give Mou another £200 million more to spend and the individual quality will improve but I doubt the overall approach will change much.
He's like a dinosaur in these big games, the relentless antiquated hoofs up the pitch are embarrassing.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yes we were, both in execution at critical moments and, more depressingly, mentality. We were weak and scared and didn’t even start playing until the fear of facing the manager/support after a loss suddenly outweighed our fear of City.
You misunderstand.

Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
For f***’s sake. Sorry to hear that.
Cant multiquote but cheers. Soz for outburst but you know if we can win there only 3 games. Sounds insane tonight but there you go.

United

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Mate, I hate to break it to you but they haven’t been great recently, and they weren’t that great today. At times this season they’ve been unplayable, but that never lasts; unfortunately the fear it engenders does, and today we were guilty as sin. We played as though we were shit scared from minute one. All the little things that show confidence were missing. We handed it to them on a f***ing plate, and by the end they were taking the piss.

It wasn’t being second best in terms of play that pissed me off so much as being second best in terms of bravery. We have a team of flimsy children.

We did.

We panicked today. At both ends of the pitch.

And the middle bit.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The pressing between the Arsenal game and this - 100% worse. Can't understand it tbh. Giving them all the time in the world on the ball. £#%&!ing crazy.
City are just far better at playing football from the back than Arsenal . We pressed the same, but every time we did City played out of it & launched an attack.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Mate, I hate to break it to you but they haven’t been great recently, and they weren’t that great today. At times this season they’ve been unplayable, but that never lasts; unfortunately the fear it engenders does, and today we were guilty as sin. We played as though we were shit scared from minute one. All the little things that show confidence were missing. We handed it to them on a £#%&!ing plate, and by the end they were taking the piss.

Well, as i've said before, signing Lukaku, Matic and Lindelof was never going to get us from 6th to 1st. As it is, we've improved so i'll take that.

I can get my head around and deal with losing to better teams, it's losing to shite like huddersfield and drawing with toss like Stoke that pisses me off. Those are the results that you should get annoyed about.

losing by the odd goal to teams like chelsea and city can happen because they're the better teams in the league.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I agree with that, which is why Arsenal haven’t won the league in 14 years; they keep recruiting the same type of player: technically good, mentally weak. The great players fight til the end, the weak ones hide in plain sight. We have too many of the latter.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:15 PM
AK14

Can't quite understand why Mou went away from the 3-4-3 formation tbh

I think we've looked good while using that formation and think it'd have caused City few problems today.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, as i've said before, signing Lukaku, Matic and Lindelof was never going to get us from 6th to 1st. As it is, we've improved so i'll take that.

I can get my head around and deal with losing to better teams, it's losing to shite like huddersfield and drawing with toss like Stoke that pisses me off. Those are the results that you should get annoyed about.

losing by the odd goal to teams like chelsea and city can happen because they're the better teams in the league.
I disagree. The Huddersfield’s and Stoke’s happen every year and have happened every year since I began watching football. That’s not to excuse them but it’s when you add the anomoly’s into games like today and Anfield where we cannot win because we have no constitution that leagues are lost.

Take a swing ffs. Take it and lose, but take it... I’d much rather get knocked out than lose on points backing away the whole fight.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
I agree with that, which is why Arsenal haven’t won the league in 14 years; they keep recruiting the same type of player: technically good, mentally weak.
At least theirs are technically good.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:24 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
Got diagnosed with cancer this week so struggling to give a f***. But once I'm better then yes. Yes we will.
Terrible news, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll get better soon.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I disagree. The Huddersfield’s and Stoke’s happen every year and have happened every year since I began watching football. That’s not to excuse them but it’s when you add the anomoly’s into games like today and Anfield where we cannot win because we have no constitution that leagues are lost.

Take a swing ffs. Take it and lose, but take it... I’d much rather get knocked out than lose on points backing away the whole fight.
Agreed.

You'll always drop points away from home to shitter trams. You just can't afford too many. We've dropped five points to shit teams. That's not too damaging.

You need to consider the circumstances too. Today was a must win. Arsenal was a must win and we matched that by being more positive, more aggressive. We needed the same today. We've watched city's perofmance level dip, ours has gone up and we've lamented the failings of Southampton, Huddersfield and West ham to rake advantage.

Today was our chance to impose our form, our confidence and really test them. See if their dip was for real.

And we passed it up.

Reduced to hopeful punts and errors. We even got a route back in to the game and still gifted it right back to them.

The worst part was that city did not have to do much to win that game

Hugely disappointing.

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Agreed.

You'll always drop points away from home to shitter trams. You just can't afford too many. We've dropped five points to shit teams. That's not too damaging.

You need to consider the circumstances too. Today was a must win. Arsenal was a must win and we matched that by being more positive, more aggressive. We needed the same today. We've watched city's perofmance level dip, ours has gone up and we've lamented the failings of Southampton, Huddersfield and West ham to rake advantage.

Today was our chance to impose our form, our confidence and really test them. See if their dip was for real.

And we passed it up.

Reduced to hopeful punts and errors. We even got a route back in to the game and still gifted it right back to them.

The worst part was that city did not have to do much to win that game

Hugely disappointing.
Correct, but that’s who we are. Absolute must win - an opportunity - and that’s how we play. Sit and hoof.

Blue @#%&!s must have been loving it.

Zorg

Quote:
It’s like watching a 4th year dinner time game with a tennis ball.
I used to be great at them. Get me signed

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Agreed.

You'll always drop points away from home to shitter trams.
Not a fan of the Droylsden line either

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Red Santos

Fearful and reactive approach cost us
£#%&!ing @#%&!
fuming

Unread 10-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Not a fan of the Droylsden line either