Fuzzy Dunlop

That would be a joke if true.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Mr_Ed

Disgusting

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:02 AM
El Calafate

Thumbs down Milan for Champions League?

You couldn't make it up! Just give them an automatic place and be done with it.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/jun4d.html

Milan could sensationally be handed a place in the Champions League, as Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia face expulsion.

The Rossoneri were heartbroken when they were beaten to fourth place by Fiorentina last season and faced the indignity of sitting out the tournament they have made their own over the years.

But just as Milan’s fans and players got used to the idea of competing in the UEFA Cup, they may have been handed a lifeline.

Bulgaria’s FA has asked that champions CSKA Sofia are banned from the Champions League due to financial problems.

This would open up a space in the second preliminary round, which would be given to the side with the highest UEFA ranking that aren’t already involved in the competition – Milan.

There is a precedent for this kind of action, which also involves the Diavolo.

In 2006, Milan missed out on the Champions League due to the Calciopoli scandal but were reinstated into the third preliminary round on appeal – had the appeal failed Lens were ready to enter due to UEFA coefficient.

Should the world champions be allowed into the Champions League it may have vast implications for their summer transfer policy.

nft.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:02 AM
dodger

I wondered how they would do it

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:06 AM
El Calafate

sorry, didn't see the other thread. can someone merge the threads????

nft.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
toseeunited

after what they did letting the scousers back in nothing surprises me with waffa! £#%&! me how corrupt would this be if and when meeeeeeeeelan are let back into the competition!!

£#%&!ing ridiculous!!

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Stickman

Thumbs down

The Champions Leagues been a joke for about 5 years.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
BarryX

Am living in Bulgaria at the moment, and watched the reports last night of the CSKA fans reaction to the news... they kicked off big time with the chairman, throwing glass bottles at his head and full on kicking him and his entourage as they got into the car (breaking though police and army lines guarding them)...seriously they WOULD have killed him. The last 3 Chairman of my adopted team here, Loko Plovdiv, have all been whacked and last month the owner of another team just dissapeared after dropping his wife and kids back from a food shop.

Madness.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The Champions Leagues been a joke for about 5 years.
Apart from when we won it

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Apart from when we won it
of course

But you know what I mean. I think it needs a slight re-vamp and a bit of a crack down on shoddy league finishes being allowed entry.

What Id do though - Im unsure.

Unread 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
El Calafate

they should just have a league. nft.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM
keano's love

Although I was happy when Milan didn't qualify on the last weekend, Milan have more chance of winning it and giving good matches than Sofia.

Face it, if Milan are not there, yet again it will be the 4 english teams. inter are crap, juve are not the force they were, fiorentina are just there for the slaughter, roma are a joke, madrid are circus items, barcelona will flatter to decieve leaving yet again the 4 english teams to scrap for the cup.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:34 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Although I was happy when Milan didn't qualify on the last weekend, Milan have more chance of winning it and giving good matches than Sofia.

Face it, if Milan are not there, yet again it will be the 4 english teams. inter are crap, juve are not the force they were, fiorentina are just there for the slaughter, roma are a joke, madrid are circus items, barcelona will flatter to decieve leaving yet again the 4 english teams to scrap for the cup.
I'd rather play Sofia than Milan.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Thiago

5 Italian teams in the CL?

Doubt it.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
RedArmy20

£#%&!ing joke, a big £#%&!ing joke. top flight football is nearly dead. £#%&!ing bunch of @#%&!s.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Smeggs

will never happen.

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:57 PM
bruntyboy

Not according to this report

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldF...65915520080604

Bring on "The Idiots of Europe".

Unread 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

I never really expected the Champions League to begin without these @#%&!s worming their way in. Almost as corrupt and underhand as Madrid. Almost.

Unread 04-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Not according to this report

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldF...65915520080604

Bring on "The Idiots of Europe".
That's wrong, UEFA have confirmed in the past that it goes to the team with the best UEFA coefficient (that hasn't already qualified). It's a stupid rule that's has never been needed but it nearly saw Lens take Milan's place a couple of years ago.
Closed Thread