United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2018, 10:56 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He was solid last night with some nice pieces of play but yet to be convinced he's long term answer for any of our midfield issues

Will really need to improve his technical level and become braver on the ball as he's too safe with his passes
This. He needs to improve otherwise he won't be more than a poor man's Cleverley (though with less pointing). Let's hope he gets some good coaching and enough game time to give him the chance to make that improvement.

Unread 11-05-2018, 10:58 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
This. He needs to improve otherwise he won't be more than a poor man's Cleverley (though with less pointing). Let's hope he gets some good coaching and enough game time to give him the chance to make that improvement.

So you do want to sell him?

Unread 11-05-2018, 10:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
agendas pal.
Ah.

Sorry Dunk, carry on.

Unread 11-05-2018, 10:59 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Tbh we have miles better midfielders coming up from the academy so he has a small window to make that jump or it's off to some bottom half PL team

Unread 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM
MagnificentSeven

i'm not really expecting him to be a starting player for years to come but he could be a very decent backup option.

Unread 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ah.

Sorry Dunk, carry on.
Not an agenda, I've heard nothing of injury and I've not seen him start (did miss the Brighton Cup game tbf as was at a boxing thing).

He should've started against Seville the very next game after his MotM performance against the dippers, instead N'Zonzi and Banega had the freedom of the midfield as Fellaini played somewhere near the back post and Matic wheezed about.

Edit: He missed completely Bournemouth and Spurs FA Cup. Been on the bench for every other game.

Unread 11-05-2018, 11:12 AM
sa7

Good player the lad.

Never going to be a matchwinner but he's the sort of player who will allow the matchwinners to go about their business.

Wish our manager would do the same.

Unread 11-05-2018, 11:24 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

At this point he's a decent honest tryer, he's a better footballer technically than Fellaini but then overall fitness and stamina aside so am I.

The idea we'd have won games with him in instead of Herrera is honestly pie in the £#%&!ing sky, didn't really understand why he was playing further up the pitch than Herrera last night if I'm honest since his ability to see a pass is nowhere near Herrera's.

Maybe he kicks on and makes the grade with us but my guess is that we sign Milinkovic-Savic and / or Jorginho and / or Seri and McTommers ends up taking Herrera's place as the guy who plays when Jose remembers he's made Matic play every single minute of every game the club have played all season or decides to make a public example of Pogba.

Unread 11-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He was solid last night with some nice pieces of play but yet to be convinced he's long term answer for any of our midfield issues
The simple answer is: he isn't. At least, he doesn't appear to have the attributes yet.

But because he is YOOF and came from the United academy, thou shall not speak of any limitations this player has. You know, still hanging onto that thread that the Class of '92 will happen again.

What needs to be done is to sort the United's 1st team out first, then gradually introduce the youth. United should not have to rely on their youngsters for the 1st team often.

Unread 11-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looks like he started the cup game a week after Liverpool tbf?

Was injured against Costa Rica (I think??) and Jose has bought him back in slowly, don’t see what the problem is?
The fact it’s mourinho and every decision must therefore be destroying the team and young players in his desire to bore us to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Performances deffo improved when we had Matic, The Scottish Player and Pogba together, for me anyway. Couldn't understand why McTommers was immediately cast aside once Fellaini and then Herrera returned to the fold, he didn't deserve to be left out. I'd go so far as to say we'd have beaten Seville if he hadn't dropped McTomminay and picked Fellaini tbh.
That’s because you’re operating with less knowledge, experience and information the manager of Manchester United possesses. But still, if only you were the manager, we’d have beaten Seville. Probably be in the European cup final playing breathtaking football. It’s easy this management lark.

Unread 11-05-2018, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The fact it’s mourinho and every decision must therefore be destroying the team and young players in his desire to bore us to death.

That’s because you’re operating with less knowledge, experience and information the manager of Manchester United possesses. But still, if only you were the manager, we’d have beaten Seville. Probably be in the European cup final playing breathtaking football. It’s easy this management lark.
Ok.

May as well cease all discussion on football lads.

Unread 11-05-2018, 12:24 PM
Jethro

So a 21 year old with a handful (15 or so?) apperances under his belt in his first season is all of a sudden Stoke level? There's some absolute %@#$&!s on this site

Unread 11-05-2018, 01:22 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He should've started against Seville the very next game after his MotM performance against the dippers, instead N'Zonzi and Banega had the freedom of the midfield as Fellaini played somewhere near the back post and Matic wheezed about.
Shocking that. £#%&!ing Fellaini

Unread 11-05-2018, 01:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Shocking that. £#%&!ing Fellaini
Experience. Proven quality. Mental strength. Manchester United is in a hurry, no time to mollycoddle young players.

Unread 02-12-2018, 01:49 AM
Buck

I know he rarely plays but whenever he does he is almost always out of his depth. I get the feeling Mourinho just picks him once in a while as a personal pet project to say that he can bring through youth.

Unread 02-12-2018, 02:36 AM
MartialLaw

He's not even championship standard. Stupid haircut as well

Unread 02-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Red Al

He should be playing for a team like Preston or Blackpool

Unread 02-12-2018, 10:34 AM
andyroo

That wall thing

Unread 02-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That wall thing
Players are £#%&!ed these days. No doubt did it for it to go “viral”.

Unread 02-12-2018, 01:54 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That wall thing
Has anybody actually explained what the £#%&! that was?

Was he tying his bootlaces? Trying to leg up the players in the wall? Hiding?

Surreal bit of business.
Closed Thread