United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
wee man

Default Gabriel Heinze

File with Liam Miller, Bellion, Kleberson, Djembas etc. An awful player. Forget the later scouse connection. I know there were some who thought he was great at the start. No pace, gave away ridiculous free kicks, jumped far too early. Crap - just crap, always was and always will be.

How we have moved on eh.

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
File with Liam Miller, Bellion, Kleberson, Djembas etc. An awful player. Forget the later scouse connection. I know there were some who thought he was great at the start. No pace, gave away ridiculous free kicks, jumped far too early. Crap - just crap, always was and always will be.

How we have moved on eh.
Tbh fair he was what we needed at the time, 'a bit of steel' but after the 1 season the novelty wore off for me.

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
borsuk

played well for us for a season, player of the year, wasn't he?

not sure where this constant need to reinvent the past to suit the present comes from. good for a year, went a bit crap after that and we did well to get rid, shame he didn't go to the dippers.

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Tbh fair he was what we needed at the time, 'a bit of steel' but after the 1 season the novelty wore off for me.
Not for me. The first I saw him play I thought he was a wooden one. Was in the minority at the time. One of the few I've been right about. I don't even think he had any steel about him. Wasn't even sly about it. Wick.

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Not for me. The first I saw him play I thought he was a wooden one. Was in the minority at the time. One of the few I've been right about. I don't even think he had any steel about him. Wasn't even sly about it. Wick.
%@#$&!s.

Unread 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
believe

yep me niether. never once chanted ARGENTINA either.

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yep me niether. never once chanted ARGENTINA either.
Wasn't my place to so never did.

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

not sure where this constant need to reinvent the past to suit the present comes from. good for a year, went a bit crap after that and we did well to get rid, shame he didn't go to the dippers.
Exactly.

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:12 PM
HollowmanVIII

Was good in his first season after a poor start. Seem to remember him having some great games in 04/05. Chelsea away in the Carling Cup semi at Stamford Bridge stands out in my mind.

The injury didn't help him and he was pretty dire in his final season.

The emergence of Crazy Pat saw him off too.

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:15 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

Aye

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

^this

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Tronics

Was a good player for us in his first season.

If anything he was a tad slow getting back and rash in challenges.

But I kinda loved him for his no holds bar style of play, case in point his trade mark 'scissor' challenge from any position, hahaha.

Was gutted when we got rid, but things have panned out alright since then.

Would have been difficult keeping Paddy and him happy though, both being starters for their respective countries.

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Was a good player for us in his first season.

If anything he was a tad slow getting back and rash in challenges.

But I kinda loved him for his no holds bar style of play, case in point his trade mark 'scissor' challenge from any position, hahaha.

Was gutted when we got rid, but things have panned out alright since then.

Would have been difficult keeping Paddy and him happy though, both being starters for their respective countries.
yep really loved that scissor challenge he did on Evra at OT against Milan

Unread 02-03-2010, 07:58 PM
forzagarza

I thought he was good at first but I think it's fair to say I wasn't arsed about him for long. I still think Bellion could have been a success at United if we had had a manager who knew his correct positions. He seems to be going OK under Laurent Blanc at Bordeaux.

Unread 02-03-2010, 08:05 PM
wonky no

he's argentinian, flashed then flopped. same old , same old.

Unread 02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Sullingtons

Well I used to think he was mint and don't care what you lots think

Unread 02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
he's argentinian, flashed then flopped. same old , same old.
...is the right answer

Unread 04-03-2010, 06:02 AM
Stickman

Horrible distribution.

Swung that left leg like a golf club from a standstill bunting shite up the left wing.

Unread 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Flix

He stood out as someone giving 100% in a team that on the whole didn't appear to be. Never a great player though. People seemed to be laud him for making last ditch tackles, but that was becuase he was caught out of position a lot.
To be fair to him though, he gave us something we needed at the time.

Unread 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Agreed. We had a bit of a @#%&!ish defence at the time, too much culture and not enough agriculture. Evra took Hienze's position but the signing who really sealed Heinze's fate was Vidic as he gave us the requisite steel by the bucket load.
Closed Thread