Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Cream

Swap Berbatov for Drogba, keep Rooney.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

i thought he was our best player last night, although tbf, i was a close second.
I thought only Carrick played better. Cant believe the shit hes taking today, he would literally have had to have won it on his own for us last night given our impotence on the counter every time.

If we let the boy go it would send out a verybad signal imo. Heres lies Manchester United... And im not saying hes bigger than the club but we cannot afford to lose all he brings to the table.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM
believe

gone in the summer nqat

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Switching Off

Got £#%&! all support last night.

That said, after holding us up for £250k a week I should be playing as good as anyone on the planet.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Got £#%&! all support last night.

That said, after holding us up for £250k a week I should be playing as good as anyone on the planet.

Useless @#%&!. Stop £#%&!ing pretending your a midfielder and learn to pass to the left hand side ffs.

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
what £#%&!ing planet are you on you absolute cretin

if we lose rooney it would send out a terrible statement.

hes our best player, our number 4 goalscorer of all time, our talisman and not to mention his astronomical commerical value as well, on the front of every FIFA game etc.
i was being sarcastic.

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
i was being sarcastic.

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
silv

Quote:
i was being sarcastic.

Unread 01-05-2012, 04:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Rooney might have scored a lot of goals this season but he has been shit for about 6 weeks and even when he was playing alright he wasn't the same player he was a few years ago.

I just can't be arsed with the transfer shit this summer, I'll just see if I'm surprised at by the end of the summer, I won't be though.

Unread 01-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

He's far from shit, but he has regressed so much the past couple of seasons. Now I think about it, he's never regained top form since he did his ankle against Bayern in 2010. Yes, he scored a lot of goals, but he's never looked as sharp - that goes for his control too. I think he's a gobshite and I'd wave him goodbye tomorrow if he would be replaced - but he wouldn't. The club would pocket £45 million and sign a French Division One striker for £5 million and Raul on a Bosman.

Unread 01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
taff

fat scouse @#%&!

doubt anyone's delivered that critique yet so just thought i'd oblige

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
He's far from shit, but he has regressed so much the past couple of seasons. Now I think about it, he's never regained top form since he did his ankle against Bayern in 2010. Yes, he scored a lot of goals, but he's never looked as sharp - that goes for his control too. I think he's a gobshite and I'd wave him goodbye tomorrow if he would be replaced - but he wouldn't. The club would pocket £45 million and sign a French Division One striker for £5 million and Raul on a Bosman.

Spot on.

To be fair to Rooney, we rely on him far too much and £#%&! me it's showing now.

If he doesn't play well we always struggle.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Don't see how last night was Rooney's fault. Last week he, Welbeck and Nani tore Everton's defence to pieces and it was the pile of @#%&!s at the back that blew it by forgetting how to play football.

Fergie responded to that by shoving him up front on his own last night, something he has never, ever been any good at. Hardly any strikers are ffs, being marked by two burly centre-halfs is a hiding to nothing and what they need in that situation is players around them providing good support - but last night his support consisted of a rubber-footed Nani and Ji-Sung Bastard £#%&!ing Park.
This.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
oohahhpaulmcgrath

fat scouse @#%&!, but unfortunatlely he's also our best player,without him we are shit

Unread 02-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
laughable
Agreed - think hes one of the ones who definitely gives his all especially in the big games.

Love him or hate him the guys a winner.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
hindsight is great. To think some of the top reds were comparing rooney to ronaldo
Because, at the time, they were conparible.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:17 AM
MUFC One Love

Wonder if he may speak up this summer again if we don't invest in the team properly?

Oh yeah, he was perfectly happy with our squad but just wanted a pay rise.

There will be some United players thinking exactly like us, we have a huge revenue yet it's other clubs signing good players around us.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:31 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Wonder if he may speak up this summer again if we don't invest in the team properly?

Oh yeah, he was perfectly happy with our squad but just wanted a pay rise.

There will be some United players thinking exactly like us, we have a huge revenue yet it's other clubs signing good players around us.
Euro's he's nailed on to spit his dummy out this summer.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM
BarryX

despite his shortcomings, and coming round to the fact that he's not up in the Messi/Ronaldo/Carrol bracket in the upper echelons of the world's elite players, close your eyes for one minute and imagine Rooney actually left.

It would leave us without our talisman, almost without hope, shocking when you think about it (and yes, we would move on, we always do) but when the likes of Ruud and Ronaldo left we had others coming through who at least gave hope that they could step up to the mark. But if Rooney left this current squad of players, I just don't know what the £#%&! would happen. The team would be well and truly £#%&!ed.

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
despite his shortcomings, and coming round to the fact that he's not up in the Messi/Ronaldo/Carrol bracket in the upper echelons of the world's elite players, close your eyes for one minute and imagine Rooney actually left.

It would leave us without our talisman, almost without hope, shocking when you think about it (and yes, we would move on, we always do) but when the likes of Ruud and Ronaldo left we had others coming through who at least gave hope that they could step up to the mark. But if Rooney left this current squad of players, I just don't know what the £#%&! would happen. The team would be well and truly £#%&!ed.
Exactly, you lose Rooney and you lose more than just goals. You lose a player that lifts the crowd, the team, battles and intimidates opposition players. Scores for fun against City and Arsenal and has started really stepping up and getting the goals against Chelsea whilst also scoring when he not playing well, something he never used to do. Id make him captain next season in all honesty and I dont give a £#%&! how many sarcastic smileys come back at me. Hes the man to lead the next 5 years imo and it would see his game pick up. This United without Rooney isnt even worth thinking about im afraid.
Closed Thread