United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:53 PM
King Schlong

Awful tonight, absolutly disgusting.

Capable of the spectacular but also capable of utter £#%&!ing dross.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I wouldn't go that far but he's nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level despite what top reds or media £#%&!witts would have you believe.

Exactly.

He's a very good player in an average team.

He's the least of our £#%&!ing problems.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:04 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Awful tonight, absolutly disgusting.

Capable of the spectacular but also capable of utter £#%&!ing dross.
the fact we all know that he is capable of brilliance makes his repeated no shows all the more galling.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:07 AM
Stickman

So Aguero > Rooney now

go look in the mirror and shoot it.

Seriously didnt see much wrong from him when he got it. If hed had some support we might have seen him even have a shot.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:08 AM
MUFC One Love

I've been watching a few 'derby' classics this week on MUTV, and a few years ago he was a different player. Sharp, quick and dangerous. At one point tonight I went £#%&!ing mad when he had it on the left and just ran it out of play looking very slow trying to go around the player.

Think I called him a scouse @#%&! etc.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
You're all a £#%&!ing joke, you might as well be scouters sucking Stevie g's #@&%!.
If only we had Rossi up front eh pal?

Rooney was shite, but you can £#%&! off you weirdo

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
she'd let you, i hear your looks strike a woman down at 20 paces
as does my hammer.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:38 AM
utd99

Rooney is not shite, but he can be.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:41 AM
S/Side.Red

I thought he started quite well. Pushed up against the opposition defenders and denied time to think, he's forced to be a bit more incisive and instinctive, which I think is when he is at his best. As soon as he dropped off and played in more space, he started to lose his concentration and became a lot more sloppy in possession. Definitely prefer him up top.

Unread 01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
the fact we all know that he is capable of brilliance makes his repeated no shows all the more galling.
He's just not as good as we think he is his he?

When he's on it he is really good. When he isn't he's terrible, no inbetween with this lad.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
utd99

I don't think that even Rooney's biggest fans could deny that he has consistency issues over a 38 game season.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
as does my hammer.

Reem this is no time for Peter Sutcliff related comedy.

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don't think that even Rooney's biggest fans could deny that he has consistency issues over a 38 game season.
Doesn't matter though coz when he plays badly, Ronaldo makes up for it.

Unread 01-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I thought he started quite well. Pushed up against the opposition defenders and denied time to think, he's forced to be a bit more incisive and instinctive, which I think is when he is at his best. As soon as he dropped off and played in more space, he started to lose his concentration and became a lot more sloppy in possession. Definitely prefer him up top.
Yes. He is not a playmaker, too many technical inconsistencies in is game game, and a lack of imagination in deeper areas. He can be much better up front but he needs to get that aggression back in his game. That does not mean diving into tackles, but aggressive movement, look to stretch defences in behind, try to be a bully again.

As a 19/20 yo he was dangerous running with the ball. I remember a game for England against Wales when he was beating defenders in all sorts of different ways, he had terrific balance. He almost never tries that now, when he does he looks awkward, ungainly and clumsy.

I hope Fergie gives Nani far more of a free role next season, best fit in the squad for that type of role.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:04 AM
believe

Thumbs up

he's better than ronaldo though

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:27 AM
caleb2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes. He is not a playmaker, too many technical inconsistencies in is game game, and a lack of imagination in deeper areas. He can be much better up front but he needs to get that aggression back in his game. That does not mean diving into tackles, but aggressive movement, look to stretch defences in behind, try to be a bully again.

As a 19/20 yo he was dangerous running with the ball. I remember a game for England against Wales when he was beating defenders in all sorts of different ways, he had terrific balance. He almost never tries that now, when he does he looks awkward, ungainly and clumsy.

I hope Fergie gives Nani far more of a free role next season, best fit in the squad for that type of role.

Young is supposed to have some ability in that role but I can't remember him playing there once this season for us.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Rooney is at the bottom of the very good players in the world.

He's in the bracket but £#%&!ing boarderline
agree...

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb2003
Young is supposed to have some ability in that role but I can't remember him playing there once this season for us.
He's done it once, I forget who against but he was shite.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's done it once, I forget who against but he was shite.
It was Basle, Benfica or Otelul Galati and the only thing we learned is that he can only turn one way and it takes him 3 touches to control the ball :£#%&!er:

I'd sell Young in a £#%&!ing heartbeat.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
The Watcher

I love to put the boot into Rooney tbh, but he was the least of our problems. Asking him to lead the line and then providing no support all night? Yea, great idea boss His first touch could be better at times, but he looked like £#%&!ing Pele compared to that shit @#%&! Park.
Closed Thread