United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Thumbs down Did anyone just see that £#%&!ing shite on MOTD2

Following London-based supporters of United.

Myth after cliché after tired old ABU bullshit.

Why do people think the people of Manchester would ignore the country's most successful club?

£#%&!ers.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:20 PM
thatsfuctit

didn't see it, but cliches abound.

Andy Dunn NOTW today "usain bolt, the latest long distance fan to adopt manchester united'

£#%&! off you predictable @#%&! with your lazy lazy journalism

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Ether

No, but I've seen them follow London Reds on MOTD2 before. It was embarassing.

Was that fat @#%&! Kevin Day involved by any chance?

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
No, but I've seen them follow London Reds on MOTD2 before. It was embarassing.

Was that fat @#%&! Kevin Day involved by any chance?
Got it in one. Typical cockney football media @#%&!.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:33 PM
gbmufc

Just seen Phelan pop a balloon next to Fergie. Fergie nearly shit himself then turned to Phelan and told him to £#%&! off. Phelan laughs under his breath when Fergie looks away. Funny as £#%&!!

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Just seen Phelan pop a balloon next to Fergie. Fergie nearly shit himself then turned to Phelan and told him to £#%&! off. Phelan laughs under his breath when Fergie looks away. Funny as £#%&!!

just seen a ship, big, unsinkable, one to be proud of.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Alan

Not that your average ABU would have noticed, but the 3 lads they were talking to had Mancunian-ish accents.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:38 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

where?

oh, right.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:45 PM
gbmufc

Quote:

It was fucling funny right!

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Ether

Quote:

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:49 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

that lads face.

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:53 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
It was fucling funny right!

Unread 17-05-2009, 11:59 PM
ScarFace

wtf is that gif lol

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:28 AM
roterteufel

I get grief all over the country. "oh you from Manchester, you must support city then"
best one was in bridgend 4 or 5 of them giving me grief and turns out they all support liverpool

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:33 AM
Sparky***

one of my best encounters was with some moron i used to work with at the beeb.

He pipes up "yeah, you know most of manchester united's supporters don't even come from manchester?"

I goes "well...yes."

Then he starts spouting some %@#$&!s.

So then I said "you know we have an estimated 300million fans worldwide, right?"

"yeah"

"well the population of greater manchester is considerably less than that. So it's only logical that the majority of our supporters do not reside in manchester, isn't it?"

"er...."

Unread 18-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Not that your average ABU would have noticed, but the 3 lads they were talking to had Mancunian-ish accents.

One of them was a forumista

Unread 18-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Confirmed. The one lad's accent was especially noticable. Of course the Beeb can't say,

"So here we are outside Euston station with three lads from Manchester who happen to work in London..."

It would spoil the whole piece.

BTW, Lee Dixon asking why Rafa can't let it go and congratulate United and Sir Alex... loved it

Unread 18-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Why do people think the people of Manchester would ignore the country's most successful club?
Absolutely spot on !

Years ago, people refered to the Blue Half of Manchester or the Red Half of Manchester... this was when we were shit, why on earth after nearly 20 odd years of success would that percentage not do anything other than increase dramatically in our favour.

Back in the 50's when United were playing at Maine Road and getting 80,000 for the European night matches, where do the likes of the BBC think these fans came from ? ..what even then they all travelled up from the south in their Morris Oxfords and Ford Anglias on a wednesday night .. £#%&!ing ell, I cannot believe in this day and age this ludicrous myth is still being purported.

Let's go back 10 years to 1999, now I happened to be lucky enough to get the final in Barcelona, but by all accounts come 10 Oclock at night Albert Sq was full of office workers who'd stayed on to watch the game in Bars, celebrating and getting pissed.. did these people drive up from the home counties on wednesday afternoon to watch the game on tele in Mnachester ?
Did they £#%&!.

Yes United have a worldwide support much as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus do, but it isn't a case of one or the other because they also completely and utterly dominate Manchester. FACT.

Unread 18-05-2009, 08:51 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Absolutely spot on !

Let's go back 10 years to 1999, now I happened to be lucky enough to get the final in Barcelona, but by all accounts come 10 Oclock at night Albert Sq was full of office workers who'd stayed on to watch the game in Bars, celebrating and getting pissed.. did these people drive up from the home counties on wednesday afternoon to watch the game on tele in Mnachester ?
Did they £#%&!.
I heard they were were cockneys waving 20's & 50's singing get to work you lazy @#%&!s
Closed Thread