United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Luffy

Is anyone having a go at them for playing soul less mourinho style football?

Unread 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Knocking out Barca and Bayern back to back is no small feat.
It's a stunning achievement.

Barca and Bayern were the stand-out tournament favourites, and Atleti have vanquished both over two legs.

It's not football for puritans, but they are a monster with no fear of anyone. Great to see IMO, and I hope they lift the Cup.

Unread 04-05-2016, 04:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It's a stunning achievement.

Barca and Bayern were the stand-out tournament favourites, and Atleti have vanquished both over two legs.

It's not football for puritans, but they are a monster with no fear of anyone. Great to see IMO, and I hope they lift the Cup.
They're horrible but I hope they lift the cup because the alternatives are even worse.

Unread 04-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Knocking out Barca and Bayern back to back is no small feat. Have to think that their style of play is the inevitable reaction to the possession heavy teams, challenging the illusion of control of dominant possession numbers.

Not particularly a fan of either extreme to be honest.Madrid are a great story in how they are challenging 2 giants of the game but we are bound to see a slew of imitators, especially with Leicester winning with a similar approach.
a couple of things for me:

1/ torres admitted post-game that they didn't intend to have so little possession, it was just that they couldn't keep the ball mostly because they couldn't handle the press. he said they only executed their plan for about a quarter of the game, during which they got the goal.

2/ i don't know why everyone raves about the high press and about players swarming all over the ball to get it back immediately. i find it £#%&!ing annoying to watch most of the time.

3/ it's not as if good teams shouldn't be able to handle the press and play round it (they can and do), thus naturally turning the opponent round and automatically gaining themselves better field position and greater share of possession.

Unread 04-05-2016, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Is anyone having a go at them for playing soul less mourinho style football?
A few people, yeah.
Closed Thread