United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if I call your daughter a fat ugly useless slag am I criticising you?

i mean obviously I'd be annoying you if I did it irl, but that's not my point.
I think that would be a criticism of her boyfriend more than her.

Unread 05-03-2014, 04:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
You'd all be pissing yourselves if it was about a non-united player.

Unread 05-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
I think that would be a criticism of her boyfriend more than her.

Unread 05-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Tom Cleverley has hired Manchester company Creative Spark to work on his branding and interaction with fans. The midfielder, 22, has had an injury plagued season but has seen his profile rise greatly and is taking steps to manage that.

He has already launched his website and is launching a TC23 merchandise range soon. "The website looks fantastic, and I hope my fans enjoy the opportunity to interact with me directly and to keep up to date with my latest news – both on and off the pitch,” stated Cleverley.

“I enjoyed working with Creative Spark on the project and I am very pleased with the TC23 brand image.”

Neil Marra, Director of Creative Spark, said "Premiership footballers are brands in themselves and Tom’s site reflects this new opportunity for leading sports personalities to showcase their assets via one portal, and at the same time be consumer-facing and interacting with fans."
Don't actively project yourself into the public's eye if you're not willing to sustain criticism, as well as praise.

Unread 05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Marvel7

I think Cleverly is a poor player, but all this would not happen if he played for any club other than United.

The abuse he is getting from other clubs fans is just a dig at United by proxy.

Unread 05-03-2014, 04:48 PM
puressence

spot on throb had a big argument in work about it .. this just gives me another reason to hate everything about team england ............

Unread 05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
if I call your daughter a fat ugly useless slag am I criticising you?

i mean obviously I'd be annoying you if I did it irl, but that's not my point.
just shut up, you pillock.

you genuinely are £#%&!ing thick.

Unread 05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
just shut up, you pillock.

you genuinely are £#%&!ing thick.

#@&%!

Unread 05-03-2014, 05:31 PM
barca99

Quote:
Tom Cleverley has hired Manchester company Creative Spark to work on his branding and interaction with fans. The midfielder, 22, has had an injury plagued season but has seen his profile rise greatly and is taking steps to manage that.

He has already launched his website and is launching a TC23 merchandise range soon. "The website looks fantastic, and I hope my fans enjoy the opportunity to interact with me directly and to keep up to date with my latest news – both on and off the pitch,” stated Cleverley.

“I enjoyed working with Creative Spark on the project and I am very pleased with the TC23 brand image.”

Neil Marra, Director of Creative Spark, said "Premiership footballers are brands in themselves and Tom’s site reflects this new opportunity for leading sports personalities to showcase their assets via one portal, and at the same time be consumer-facing and interacting with fans."
Who the £#%&! does he think he is, David Beckham?

Unread 05-03-2014, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
Don't actively project yourself into the public's eye if you're not willing to sustain criticism, as well as praise.
True, but they'd do it even if he didn't. Throb's right about the principle of it, even if Cleverley does market himself for public consumption.

He gets a raw deal in general, tbf, but whoever advised him about that website needs a slap, too. This experience might do him good.

Unread 05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

the point isn't that cleverley is a #@&%!

or that some £#%&!ers created and/or signed a petition

it's that the newsmedia asked about it in an england news conference

hodgson shouldn't have dignified the question with a response either unless he was going to deride the media for bringing it up

Unread 05-03-2014, 06:22 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Of course we would

The point is tom cleverly has enough ability to be in that England team on merit, the other point is he is simply not good enough for man united

Unread 05-03-2014, 07:56 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Ive always thought that, hypocrites. I knew one bloke who was clearly bias towards his team!!! True story.

Unread 05-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Grimson

Tom Cleverley has hired Manchester company Creative Spark to work on his branding and interaction with fans.

He was poorly advised. This is a year or two old, isn't it? He was 22, 23 maybe, just getting into United's first team and getting near-universal praise. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

He's being beaten up beyond what he deserves. If we had a stronger midfield, he would be a good squad player. As it is, we've relied on him too much, and it's been beyond him.

Unread 05-03-2014, 08:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Tom Cleverley has hired Manchester company Creative Spark to work on his branding and interaction with fans.

He was poorly advised. This is a year or two old, isn't it? He was 22, 23 maybe, just getting into United's first team and getting near-universal praise. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

He's being beaten up beyond what he deserves. If we had a stronger midfield, he would be a good squad player. As it is, we've relied on him too much, and it's been beyond him.
Spot on.

I remain fairly certain that a manager who would want to implement an actual football strategy would have some use for Cleverley

Unread 05-03-2014, 09:01 PM
HotChip

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Yep.

Unread 05-03-2014, 09:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Spot on.

I remain fairly certain that a manager who would want to implement an actual football strategy would have some use for Cleverley
This - despite his limitations he is a much better player than recent form suggests.

Then again, that is true of most of our squad for some strange reason

Unread 06-03-2014, 03:10 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Spot on.

What like waterboy?

Unread 06-03-2014, 04:02 AM
rafabio

Hope the OT faithful start booing this @#%&!. Hound him out like richardson style.

Unread 06-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Crumps

Technically sound player being played and ask to perform jobs unfamiliar to him. He has performed better in a 442 with Ando. No point having a player that plays in more advanced central positions in the current set up.

He is a perfectly good squad player who could make a step up we a bit of luck and plenty of games.

'if we manage to get possession their half just get it wide ffs.'

If you are playing a formation and system that is detrimental to the players in it £#%&!ing chose another one.
Closed Thread