United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2014, 03:26 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Someone in work is co-owner of a gay sauna in Tallin. I can probably get discounts for Top Reds, pm me if you're interested.
I love Estonia in July. Good work moyes

Yhpm

Unread 04-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I love Estonia in July. Good work moyes

Yhpm
Fred meet?

Unread 04-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
This.

If we finish 5th or 6th we go straight in but 7th we will have to pre-qualify in July probably against someone who used to be Dynamo Tractor Factory but is now called Freedom Square United.
I'm sure the owners will be delighted with that, having to cut short our summer tour to trot off and play Lokomotiv Bratislava for the prestige of qualifying for the Europa league.

Unread 04-03-2014, 06:10 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Fred meet?
Goes without saying

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:28 PM
est.1878

After Sunday its top six and not top seven iirc.

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure the owners will be delighted with that, having to cut short our summer tour to trot off and play Lokomotiv Bratislava for the prestige of qualifying for the Europa league.
Leaving only a single day to conduct our transfer business during the window. Oh...

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
After Sunday its top six and not top seven iirc.
If Arsenal win the cup, it'll be top 7.

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:37 PM
est.1878

Relieved to see us 16th in the fair play league atm also.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/m...fair-play.html

The top side from the Premier League's own Fair Play league who have not already qualified for Europe can win a place in the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round.
However, for this to happen England must have one of the three highest Fair Play rankings in Europe.

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:40 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If Arsenal win the cup, it'll be top 7.
But if they qualify for CL then the runners up (hull/sheff utd) will take the 7th spot allocated?

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

Hungover and confused tbh.

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:44 PM
andyroo

Yep this guarantees a Europa league place to a Cup winner or finalist... the only way seventh in the league will end up in the Europa is should Arse miss out on the Champions league but win the Cup

Unread 11-03-2014, 01:57 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yep this guarantees a Europa league place to a Cup winner or finalist... the only way seventh in the league will end up in the Europa is should Arse miss out on the Champions league but win the Cup
Cheers, can get back to my powerade now.

Looks like everton's game in hand is swansea at home

Unread 11-03-2014, 02:07 PM
barca99

No way we wont qualify for this, whether that's good or bad i don't really know

Unread 11-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
No way we wont qualify for this, whether that's good or bad i don't really know
Think I would rather be in it, as long as they treat it as a second rate competition, you play about a thousand games, so rather than loan out; Powell, Lingard, Keane, Henriquez etc keep them for this, also blood young players like Wilson, add in a few experienced players that ain't getting many games next season like Fletcher and Evra (if we buy a new LB) and the games would become worthwhile rather than a pointless distraction.

Unread 11-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
But if they qualify for CL then the runners up (hull/sheff utd) will take the 7th spot allocated?

In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative. The place with direct access to the Group Stage will be given to the club that finishes in the highest position in the Barclays Premier League of the clubs qualifying for the UEFA Europa League.

Hungover and confused tbh.
Didn't know that. I thought the place went to the league, not the runner up.

Good news then. Now watch our shit @#%&!s put together a run of victories that sees us cement 6th place

Unread 11-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Think I would rather be in it, as long as they treat it as a second rate competition, you play about a thousand games, so rather than loan out; Powell, Lingard, Keane, Henriquez etc keep them for this, also blood young players like Wilson, add in a few experienced players that ain't getting many games next season like Fletcher and Evra (if we buy a new LB) and the games would become worthwhile rather than a pointless distraction.
For the sake of season ticket holders, I'd rather not be in it.

Not arsed either way otherwise. Even if we put out a strong team we've easily got a big enough squad to cope. If we win the thing we'll qualify for the champions league.

Unread 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Manutd1999

Im also undecided if I want to be in it, probably would rather we weren't tbf.

If we are in it and he insists on keeping the likes of Young/ TC 23 / Valencia (would like to think he wont but this is DM), this along with the capital one cup can be used for them. I wouldn't care about them playing as long as it were in this. I'd also play a few of the kids to give them some experience etc.

If we get past the group to the last 16 or so I would then like him to play the best team possible and try and win it.

Anyone know what the financial difference is between getting it and not getting it?

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:14 PM
barca99

Probably already been answered but what happens if spurs win the Europa League and finish 5th? They qualify for CL and 6th qualifies for Europa League?

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Probably already been answered but what happens if spurs win the Europa League and finish 5th? They qualify for CL and 6th qualifies for Europa League?
Winning the Europa League doesn't give you a champions league place until next season. So Spurs would still be in the Europa League.

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Mr Castro

Yep, there's no "extra space" allocated should the winner of the Europa League finish in a Europa League spot until next season.

Right now 6th is definitely enough to qualify for the Europa. 7th would be if Arsenal win the FA Cup, which looks likely.

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:26 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Winning the Europa League doesn't give you a champions league place until next season. So Spurs would still be in the Europa League.
Closed Thread