United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Europa League qualification

Right as it stands it could be a head to head for us and everton for the last spot now that the liars have won the league cup

But can 7th qualify as well? say if an english side wins the CL but finishes 5th, and the team that finishes 4th wins the FA cup?

I know if the CL winners don't finish top 4 then 4th drops out of the CL btw.

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:52 PM
dunk

I don't care, just so long as we're not in it.

If Moyes is still to be here I want to be enduring a few games as possible.

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Aman27deep

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

wrong thread

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Right as it stands it could be a head to head for us and everton for the last spot now that the liars have won the league cup

But can 7th qualify as well? say if an english side wins the CL but finishes 5th, and the team that finishes 4th wins the FA cup?

I know if the CL winners don't finish top 4 then 4th drops out of the CL btw.
it will go down to 7th place if a team in the top 4 also wins the FA Cup. Which is likely.

So we'll have to finish 8th or lower to avoid it.

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:01 PM
VodkaAndCoke

If Moyes stays then I want us to qualify for it.

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM
redhegemony

Can't see why we wouldn't want to be in it. Gives a chance to experiment a bit and play against different sides that may offer different challenges. Than again we could do that in the Johnstone Paint Trophy.

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:08 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

This, but they will play friendlies and it's the disruption that is the problem...

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it will go down to 7th place if a team in the top 4 also wins the FA Cup. Which is likely.

it's possible

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Can't see why we wouldn't want to be in it. Gives a chance to experiment a bit and play against different sides that may offer different challenges. Than again we could do that in the Johnstone Paint Trophy.
We've been doing that in the Champions League.

Unread 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's possible
If not probable

Unread 04-03-2014, 06:14 AM
believe

Makes no difference we'll win the CL.

Unread 04-03-2014, 06:17 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Makes no difference we'll win the CL.

You should be anti Europe pal. A few games in your part of the world next season if we don't qualify.

Unread 04-03-2014, 06:20 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber

You should be anti Europe pal. A few games in your part of the world next season if we don't qualify.
Still boycotting pal, regardless of which continent they're in. Would like to find them and throw things at them though.

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Still boycotting pal, regardless of which continent they're in. Would like to find them and throw things at them though.
You'll be there

Unread 04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This.

If we finish 5th or 6th we go straight in but 7th we will have to pre-qualify in July probably against someone who used to be Dynamo Tractor Factory but is now called Freedom Square United.

Unread 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
This.

If we finish 5th or 6th we go straight in but 7th we will have to pre-qualify in July probably against someone who used to be Dynamo Tractor Factory but is now called Freedom Square United.

Unread 04-03-2014, 02:37 PM
wiganste

What a £#%&!ing shambles this @#%&! has made of this season. Europa league ffs. We shouldn't even be discussing this competition. No one gives a flying £#%&! about it. Jesus £#%&!ing christ. We'll be playing in Estonia or some other shithole in July. What a kick in the @#%&! this season has been so far. Moyes

Unread 04-03-2014, 02:55 PM
forwardirektion

Top reds will be getting shot by the russian army in some backwater come July

Get behind the shirts FFS

Unread 04-03-2014, 02:59 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
What a £#%&!ing shambles this @#%&! has made of this season. Europa league ffs. We shouldn't even be discussing this competition. No one gives a flying £#%&! about it. Jesus £#%&!ing christ. We'll be playing in Estonia or some other shithole in July. What a kick in the @#%&! this season has been so far. Moyes
Someone in work is co-owner of a gay sauna in Tallin. I can probably get discounts for Top Reds, pm me if you're interested.
Closed Thread