United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:12 AM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Moyes hasn't adjusted to having to attack attack attack. The back door is always ajar for United. Ferguson knew how to manage that, most of the time anyway. Sticking the ball in the net was the biggest part of that i suppose.
Sherwood tried to cover his ass when City beat them at WHL. "City are the best team in the World" That make Chelsea best team on the planet then?

Pellegrini 0 Mourinho 1

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:20 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric Sneer
£#%&! off Sullers.

Whoever Sullers is.

Unread 04-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Camel

Quote:
Moyes hasn't adjusted to having to attack attack attack. The back door is always ajar for United. Ferguson knew how to manage that, most of the time anyway. Sticking the ball in the net was the biggest part of that i suppose.
that's cajones, moyes best asset was his resistance to getting beat. he can't even replicate that at utd. stat attack, it was the 20 something consecutive central defensive partnership change this season in the match against stoke. that's not all down to injuries.

Unread 04-02-2014, 03:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
that's cajones, moyes best asset was his resistance to getting beat. he can't even replicate that at utd. stat attack, it was the 20 something consecutive central defensive partnership change this season in the match against stoke. that's not all down to injuries.
did you know that after starting the 1st 6 games of the season ferdinand and vidic have only played once togetehr as the starting central defence since city away... won 4-0 btw.

Unread 04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Camel

Quote:
did you know that after starting the 1st 6 games of the season ferdinand and vidic have only played once togetehr as the starting central defence since city away... won 4-0 btw.
yes, ferdinand has been frozen out. madness, as he was possibly our best defender last season. hence my post the other day, was it moyes @#%&!ishness or rio's, cos either way it's £#%&!ed us up defensively. he has his flaws but composure is what we needed, and the combo with vidic is the best we've had since stam and whoever he was paired with at the time. totally different styles of course, but equally important.

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:03 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
i also think it's obvious that mourinho was approached by united but rejected

i wonder if it was directly or by third party?
what do you base this on?

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:10 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
what do you base this on?
It's contrary to the understanding that everyone else has. Seems to be how it works.

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

No it isn't

He wanted to come to United and feris £#%&!ed it up

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Jesus Throb

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
City have won NOTHING yet this season - at least we have the Community Shield.

PL Winners - Chelsea
FA Cup Winners - Chelsea
COC Winners - Sunderland (City“s bogey team)
CL Winners . Barca

yay!

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:37 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
all the £#%&!ers creaming themselves over how good city are
They've been excellent so far this season scoring a record amount of goals, had won every match at COMS by at least 4 goals (until last night), are widely acknowledged for playing attacking attractive football and have progressed in all cup competitions so far having got to one cup final already.

Failing to acknowledge this is to adopt the exact same mentality that most city fans have had about united for decades - a perpetual state of denial mixed with raging bitterness and stone washed denim. We'll be bigging up the fact that we have a bigger stadium and more floodlights before long if we go down that road.

Last night will hopefully hit their confidence and no one will be happier than me if they fall down. But I do recall looking at their Feb fixtures and thinking it looked a piece of piss so I'm not getting too giddy just yet.

And then there's the whole thing about being giddy at all about City finishing hopefully second whilst we sit in 8th position and are playing like carthorses.

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They've been excellent so far this season scoring a record amount of goals, had won every match at COMS by at least 4 goals (until last night), are widely acknowledged for playing attacking attractive football and have progressed in all cup competitions so far having got to one cup final already.

Failing to acknowledge this is to adopt the exact same mentality that most city fans have had about united for decades - a perpetual state of denial mixed with raging bitterness and stone washed denim. We'll be bigging up the fact that we have a bigger stadium and more floodlights before long if we go down that road.

Last night will hopefully hit their confidence and no one will be happier than me if they fall down. But I do recall looking at their Feb fixtures and thinking it looked a piece of piss so I'm not getting too giddy just yet.

And then there's the whole thing about being giddy at all about City finishing hopefully second whilst we sit in 8th position and are playing like carthorses.

some #@&%! on facebook had already started this process , claiming utd had more history and had always played more youth team players or some shit , cringeworthy

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
some #@&%! on facebook had already started this process , claiming utd had more history and had always played more youth team players or some shit , cringeworthy
are you friends with Throb?

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Keith baby, pull yourself together son.

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
uh oh...

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM
The taste of...

Quote:

Why can't we mention our history? Not like it's floodlights or blue ketchup ffs.

Okay if the babes get a mention on Thurs or is that too RAWK

Were not as good as them atmo. So £#%&!ing what - it'll turn again.

Unread 04-02-2014, 10:58 AM
believe

My favourite thing about being a United fan over the years has always been that we stood out from every other club. The main reason for that imo is that we've always been able to laugh at ourselves whatever the situation and we're more critical of ourselves than any of the ABU's.

The real slapped arses are the ones who can't handle the truth because we're now a bit shit. It most probably will change but that doesn't stop us from talking about the shitness of it all. That's unless we want to hide behind our history while everyone pokes fun at us

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:04 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
My favourite thing about being a United fan over the years has always been that we stood out from every other club. The main reason for that imo is that we've always been able to laugh at ourselves whatever the situation and we're more critical of ourselves than any of the ABU's.

The real slapped arses are the ones who can't handle the truth because we're now a bit shit. It most probably will change but that doesn't stop us from talking about the shitness of it all. That's unless we want to hide behind our history while everyone pokes fun at us
But one of the best things about being a United fan is that we don't consider ourselves better fans than everyone else, and earnestly congratulate ourselves for it all the time, like the berts, vermin or Arse all do. Or the Mes Que Un Club lot. We're just fans, doesn't make us special, we hate most of our fellow supporters anyway

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:07 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Truth got handled for 27 years. It's our history regardless that winds the ABU @#%&!s up. It's in the bank so laugh smugly at the @#%&!s.

ABU's laugh more at us booh hooing after 6 months of indifference.

Unread 04-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
But one of the best things about being a United fan is that we don't consider ourselves better fans than everyone else, and earnestly congratulate ourselves for it all the time, like the berts, vermin or Arse all do. Or the Mes Que Un Club lot. We're just fans, doesn't make us special, we hate most of our fellow supporters anyway
yep.

we could try to keep up a differentiate by having a sense of awareness, but it really doesn't matter. it's human nature for people to stonewall refuse to accept rational and realistic analysis and let emotion rule their ehad. Regardless of who they support.

liverpool embraced that mentality, or seem to have from the outside anyway. Constantly blaming shit like refs and luck.

we have some @#%&!s doing the same already and it's only been six months +/-
Closed Thread