United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2014, 02:26 PM
dunk

The fact Chelsea were expecting to win, didn't have to work hard for their goals, barely got out of second gear and weren't even that arsed when they got the win, as though it wasn't that much of an achievement, said it all.

There was a crushing inevitability from the outset yesterday, as soon as Chelsea scored it was over.

Very worrying tbh.

Unread 20-01-2014, 02:49 PM
JW

Can somebody explain,how is Utds poor form all Moyes fault?

From what I saw yesterday ,he didn't have a red shirt on ?

If your going to blame folk,and don't forget in sport sometimes you lose sometimes you win ( think some of the SB don't get that)

It was Utds and probably the worlds best manager ever arguably left Moyes with the squad,from what I have seen he doesn't have them playing much differently than from what I,ve experienced in the past 3 seasons or so.And I don't blame him for that,it was pants but generally a winning formula.

My criticism of him will come if he doesn't change the style and be more innovative ,aka Tommy Doc when he burst on the seen with the mighty midgets.

Look at players if you want to blame anyone,in particular

Evra ,not up to scratch in two out of the last 3 seasons.
Rio,basically give up.
Vidic,still committed but a shadow of his former self.
Evans still learning ,still.
RVP ,Fellaini ,Nani and Rooney strange timely injuries.
But probably it's Fergie who takes most of the blame.

Moyes can only use what he's got.And whilst I,m on one it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of a difference yesterday if Kagawa ,Zaha,Anderson,Fabio would have played not an iota.

Nani,RVP,Rooney Fellaini and Fletcher would have.

Yesterday's game reminded me of the Rome final ,Utd started great ,look like eventual winners Eto scores a ' fluke' game changes.Goals wins games.

Fergie was an incredibally lucky manager ,Moyes looks A very unlucky one .

Unread 20-01-2014, 02:55 PM
dunk

He coaches them, picks the team and tells them what to do. He is the only thing that has changed from last season. There is no one else to blame.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW

If your going to blame folk,and don't forget in sport sometimes you lose sometimes you win ( think some of the SB don't get that)

It was Utds and probably the worlds best manager ever arguably left Moyes with the squad,from what I have seen he doesn't have them playing much differently than from what I,ve experienced in the past 3 seasons or so.And I don't blame him for that,it was pants but generally a winning formula.

My criticism of him will come if he doesn't change the style and be more innovative ,aka Tommy Doc when he burst on the seen with the mighty midgets.

Rio,basically give up.

Moyes can only use what he's got.And whilst I,m on one it wouldn't have made the slightest bit of a difference yesterday if Kagawa ,Zaha,Anderson,Fabio would have played not an iota.

Yesterday's game reminded me of the Rome final ,Utd started great ,look like eventual winners Eto scores a ' fluke' game changes.Goals wins games.

Any chance you could learn how to use commas?

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He coaches them, picks the team and tells them what to do. He is the only thing that has changed from last season. There is no one else to blame.
There's a shitload of people to blame. Some wearing shirts, some not. That doesn't excuse Moyes.

I'm sick of this "oh it was always going to be a hard job". No shit. That doesn't mean he's not making an utter pig's ear of it.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:06 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

JW is a WUM don't fall for it!

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:08 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW

Rio,basically give up.

Fellaini aside Fergie turned these same players into league champions
It's down to the manager, it was always a gamble going for him instead of a proven winner and the cheap option has £#%&!ed us

It should have always been Mourihno

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:13 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Any chance you could learn how to use commas?
£#%&! off ,I don't need an English grammar lesson of some tool on the internet !

Exactly,Moyes can only pick the fit players and the players Fergie left him,and if they don't carry out his instructions or play to full ability what the hell can he do ?

It may be different if Moyes was choosing his side from City,RM,BMW or Barcas squad.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
£#%&! off ,I don't need an English grammar lesson of some tool on the internet !

Exactly,Moyes can only pick the fit players and the players Fergie left him,and if they don't carry out his instructions or play to full ability what the hell can he do ?

It may be different if Moyes was choosing his side from City,RM,BMW or Barcas squad.
*off

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
JW is a WUM don't fall for it!
That's rich.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:19 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

had people known before hand that moyes would bring his whole neverwonathing set up from everton, sacked everyone of the staff of the champions, buy and try to buy everton players, stagger round making ludicrous bids for unattainable players (surely as the most travelled, best low budget buyer in the world he has come across players who were/are beyond evertons reach but within utds in the last 2 or 3 years) they would have predicated exactly where we would be today, its just a shame lord govan couldn't see it

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:25 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
had people known before hand that moyes would bring his whole neverwonathing set up from everton, sacked everyone of the staff of the champions, buy and try to buy everton players, stagger round making ludicrous bids for unattainable players (surely as the most travelled, best low budget buyer in the world he has come across players who were/are beyond evertons reach but within utds in the last 2 or 3 years) they would have predicated exactly where we would be today, its just a shame lord govan couldn't see it
For goodness sake,half the folk on here didn't like Phlelan,and Moyes offered Rene a job,it was he who turned it down,and it surely you realise if Moyes could have signed Messi and Ronanldo he would have done,the transfers ,apart from fellani were Nowt to do with him.
Give the bloke a break.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
For goodness sake,half the folk on here didn't like Phlelan,and Moyes offered Rene a job,it was he who turned it down,and it surely you realise if Moyes could have signed Messi and Ronanldo he would have done,the transfers ,apart from fellani were Nowt to do with him.
Give the bloke a break.
So who's fault is it that United have a poor discipline record this season? Personnel hasn't changed.

Who's fault is it that we bring everybody back for set pieces and continue to give away goals?

Doing a superb job other than that. 7 defeats in the league, not even in February yet. We'll easily go past 10.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:46 PM
JW

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
So who's fault is it that United have a poor discipline record this season? Personnel hasn't changed.

Who's fault is it that we bring everybody back for set pieces and continue to give away goals?

Doing a superb job other than that. 7 defeats in the league, not even in February yet. We'll easily go past 10.
Everyone,Fergie ,Moyes but predominantly the players.

I have to say the support has been outstanding ,apart from the SB on here and other forums.

Unread 20-01-2014, 03:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
Everyone,Fergie ,Moyes but predominantly the players.

I have to say the support has been outstanding ,apart from the SB on here and other forums.
Well, see on here it's not "support" is it. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference, which is why we can say how we see it.

I'm sure the lads (and lasses*) that are singing their hearts out at every game (and our away support have been £#%&!ing ace) as soon as they're into the post match boozer or back on the coach are straight into squabbling about how shit the midfield is and whether there's any point sticking with this manager, never mind that they've just been singing his name for 90 minutes.

(*apart from that mental one who's on the back seat taking twenty fists up her clopper)

Unread 20-01-2014, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Why do people always leave citeh out of this fact - even when they had the arab cash?
He certainly hasn't managed it so far at United, has he?

Unread 20-01-2014, 05:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
People appear to be suggesting that United's possession, their tactical imagination and their spirit at Chelsea was meaningless and that defeat was inevitable because Chelsea were waiting for them...

Well excuse me, but United were actually very good in their general play, didn't defend too badly either in general play, gave away very few if any clear chances and basically beat themselves with 2 £#%&!-ups from set pieces

If Mourinho was at United and played like Chelsea did yesterday would the same voices be heard slagging off his style as are heard against Moyes? Seemed to me that what Mourinho did yesterday was virtually from the Ferguson blueprint of how to keep your supporters happy - make sure you don't lose at home and try and nick a win. Their midfield was supposedly going to tear us apart but in reality we handled them very well.

If Mourinho had won 5 out of 6 league games, or even now 5 out of 7, would people be calling for his head?

Just putting it out there, fully expecting at least one person to say they don't care if we lose the next 5 games as long as we play like Arsenal over the previous 8 years etc etc

It's a new dawn, it's a new day and I'm looking forward to the semi-final and to seeing Ole next weekend back at OT
I think we've generally got what we deserved this season, so it can't just be about results.

I thought the intent and attitude from the start yesterday was very positive and maybe with better quality players we'd have even won, but there are still so many deficiencies, strange decisions (Jones ffs!) and failures to sustain or react when things start to go against us. The manager always has to take the main share of the responsibility if he's not getting anything like the best out of what he's got.

But I would agree that yesterday offered a little more cause for optimism going forward. Barely, though

Unread 20-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
Yes you do.

Unread 20-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Furry Russian hats

For the first time yesterday he genuinely upset me with his team selection, it was just so negative, even defeats are easier to swallow if you think you've had a good go, but that selection was £#%&!ing depressing.

His default setting is negative, negative always negative. Please Dave, show some courage, go after teams and give us something to believe in.

Unread 20-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
Closed Thread