United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Depends. If they're unfortunate enough to be left with a title-winning squad inherited from the greatest manager in the game, then yes.
Ahh. Well. With a handicap like that, 3 years is a minimum I suppose.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You can forget about Neymar, just £#%&!ed up his knee playing in the Copa del Rey :shakehead:

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You can forget about Neymar, just £#%&!ed up his knee playing in the Copa del Rey :shakehead:
He's not done much anyway

Pedro and Sanchez are a better bet this year.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Depends. If they're unfortunate enough to be left with a title-winning squad inherited from the greatest manager in the game, then yes.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:33 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

City will beat Barca. Barca look a mess at the moment.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yep

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:38 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yep

The main problem they have is that they have stopped pressing the opposition so now teams can get at their back four with a lot more regularity during a game

That defence can't stand up to much pressure from a really good attacking side

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Mr Castro

They're a lot more direct now. They still play possession football but their gameplan doesn't rely on it as much. They walked over Rayo 4-0 in September for example despite having 45% possession.

I reckon they'll just shade it.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:50 PM
HERTS_RED

Neymar's £#%&!ed himself tonight

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
They're a lot more direct now. They still play possession football but their gameplan doesn't rely on it as much. They walked over Rayo 4-0 in September for example despite having 45% possession.

I reckon they'll just shade it.
that's nothing, pal

city have scored 99 goals using a dinosaur formation

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:52 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Yep

The main problem they have is that they have stopped pressing the opposition so now teams can get at their back four with a lot more regularity during a game

That defence can't stand up to much pressure from a really good attacking side
Bit like us at the moment, too many key players coming to the end with the main man being out for a while and looking not the player he once was.

Think City will be too strong for them over two legs.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:52 PM
Grimson

City's approach will be interesting. Most of the players have no experience of this kind of tie. Pellegrini does though. Barca are definitely vulnerable, but they still have matchwinners.

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Neymar's £#%&!ed himself tonight
It's only a sprained ankle, relax

Unread 16-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
City's approach will be interesting. Most of the players have no experience of this kind of tie. Pellegrini does though. Barca are definitely vulnerable, but they still have matchwinners.
The second leg being at Barca will be decisive imo - pretty sure that's a big advantage. Allied to the experience and quality they have, I make Barca firm favourites.

Pellegrini was pretty naive when we played Bayern at home too - we got absolutely battered, in part because our midfield was constantly outnumbered. I reckon we'll get done on the counter at home and will barely get a touch away - 4-2 losers on aggregate.

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Bobda

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
The second leg being at Barca will be decisive imo - pretty sure that's a big advantage. Allied to the experience and quality they have, I make Barca firm favourites.

Pellegrini was pretty naive when we played Bayern at home too - we got absolutely battered, in part because our midfield was constantly outnumbered. I reckon we'll get done on the counter at home and will barely get a touch away - 4-2 losers on aggregate.
yhgr

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
that's nothing, pal

city have scored 99 goals using a dinosaur formation
It's only a dinosaur formation if you haven't got the players to play it well.

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint

A myth, apparently, when you really bust the numbers, as these wonks have done.

http://cafefutebol.net/2014/01/16/my...d-leg-at-home/

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:24 PM
dunk

I always thought playing the second leg away would be best, then you know how many away goals are required and can even get an extra Half Hour to get one if necessary

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I always thought playing the second leg away would be best, then you know how many away goals are required and can even get an extra Half Hour to get one if necessary
I'd think it's only an advantage to know how many away goals you need if you actually then go on to score them.

Unread 16-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
A myth, apparently, when you really bust the numbers, as these wonks have done.

http://cafefutebol.net/2014/01/16/my...d-leg-at-home/
I stand corrected.

It's not altered my opinion on the outcome though.
Closed Thread