United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Can you honestly vividly remember any new Wembley final though?
I've done my best to block out the ones we've featured in tbh.

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:23 PM
no fun

Quote:
Citeh v wigan, a £#%&!ing great day never to be forgotten

Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
I've always thought what really did the F.A. Cup was moving the games to Millenium for a few years. I reckon once the New Wembley can build its own defining history, a level of allure may come back to it.
I actually thought that stadium brought about some brilliant games!

thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I've done my best to block out the ones we've featured in tbh.

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM
thrush

Quote:
Yes, one in particular where we had a certain goal and penalty ruled out to rob us of our 4th double

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:39 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I actually thought that stadium brought about some brilliant games!
It did, unfortunately featuring the scousers mainly, but it never felt like an F.A Cup final when it was there.

Then again, it certainly doesn't now with a 5.30 kick-off following a full round of Premiership fixtures.

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Ashley's Grime

I don't understand why they still have FA cup replays until the QF's but not the semis and final.

Unread 03-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Child of Darkness

the lack of variety of winners is whats killed it .

most winners in PL era have been top 4 sides ....

that said outside the PL its still quite exciting for those fans .

Rounds 3 & 4 - all premiership teams should have to play away from home and frankly Id £#%&! the league cup off entirely

Unread 03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

some pretty cynical responses

failing to win the FA Cup for the last 10 years is a major disappointment to me though. also reckon it's indicative of a side that has almost lost the art of winning big one-off ties in recent seasons whilst becoming expert at managing groups and the league - different mindsets.

whatever anyway, just win the thing again please

Unread 03-01-2014, 02:55 PM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

failing to win the FA Cup for the last 10 years is a major disappointment to me though. also reckon it's indicative of a side that has almost lost the art of winning big one-off ties in recent seasons whilst becoming expert at managing groups and the league - different mindsets.

If the thought of an all-day booze up in mid-May watching your team in a final doesn't get you excited. I'm not sure what people get out of following the sport.

Unread 03-01-2014, 05:36 PM
red in cumbria

Playing semi-finals at that Wembley shithole is another thing killing it, tbh.

Unread 03-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Man U 4 Life

the fa cup would be more valued if it werent for the league cup

Unread 03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
irk

it means nothing in monetary terms and therefore it's an irrelevance at best for the clubs. getting rid of replays in the later rounds, and playing the semi's at that soulless £#%&!ing airport have ruined it for me.

Unread 03-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

imo what's 'killing' it above all is that we aren't £#%&!ing winning it any more

the other thing is money

absolutely sick of other top sides, chelsea in particular, getting virtual byes round after round after round for the last decade as well.

with the power of their squads there's almost no chance of cup upsets if they take the games even half seriously - and they do because they know it's a short-cut to winning trophies

about time United stamped their name back on this Cup

Unread 03-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:

Me too, and worse our last 2 finals we lost both of them to Arsenal and Chelsea.
I think our problem is that we built under fergie a large squad to manage those PL games, not do handle one-offs with quality first 11, thus failing in the FA cup is no suprise, and that has finally creept over to the league form, we are 7th.

Unread 03-01-2014, 07:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
If the thought of an all-day booze up in mid-May watching your team in a final doesn't get you excited. I'm not sure what people get out of following the sport.
Indeed.

I've been gagging for an FA Cup win for about 5 £#%&!ing years now

Unread 03-01-2014, 07:27 PM
S/Side.Red

I think it might go midweek from the 3rd or 4th round before long. FA Cup weekends have definitely become quite tedious.

Unread 03-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think it might go midweek from the 3rd or 4th round before long. FA Cup weekends have definitely become quite tedious.

looking forward to the game tbh

got a ticket for the LC s/f as well

Unread 03-01-2014, 09:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
the lack of variety of winners is whats killed it .

most winners in PL era have been top 4 sides ....

y
except for Wigan and Portsmouth obviously

Unread 03-01-2014, 09:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

looking forward to the game tbh

got a ticket for the LC s/f as well
really

two games against £#%&!ing shite like Swansea in a week both at home, yep absolute amazeballs...to say nothing of our injury list

I am looking forward to going to Sunderland on Tuesday though
Closed Thread