United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Vermin 4 Swansea 3

seems to be a lot of gush over this on the bbc site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

i don't remember anything like the same gushing over united's various thrilling 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, 4-4, 5-4 and 5-5 matches these past few seasons

Unread 24-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Sparky***

I don't know if you've noticed these past few decades or not Throb, but the BBC tend to have a bit of a love affair going on with Liverpool.

Unread 24-02-2014, 06:57 PM
saffers

Unread 24-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't know if you've noticed these past few decades or not Throb, but the BBC tend to have a bit of a love affair going on with Liverpool.
Yes, yes they do.

Plus, Griefmania is coming up in a few weeks so they have to show them extra compassion at this difficult time.

Unread 24-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
well yeah

even so though, this season they seem to be all over them

4-3 at home to Swansea is apparently a triumph of their new found quality and resilience ffs

Unread 24-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Mr_Ed

The @#%&!s have scored 70 goals in the PL this season. Not bad going.

Unread 24-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Awful thread.

Scouse chat

Unread 24-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
The @#%&!s have scored 70 goals in the PL this season. Not bad going.
exactly, you can't argue with that. Sturridge and Suarez have been in blistering form all season.

Maybe if Suarez and Sturridge been out injured for 2 whole £#%&!ing months at the same time like Rooney and Van Persie were for us and they were relying on welbeck to win matches for them, they'd be in mid table.

Unread 24-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Awful thread.

Scouse chat
#@&%! off #@&%!rot

Unread 24-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Switching Off

Watching Jordan Henderson become the best player in the world yesterday I just felt privileged to bear witness. Amazing to think Fergie suspected he might possibly maybe not play till his mid 30s. What a mong.

Unread 24-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
#@&%! off #@&%!rot
Any other random result of our rivals you'd like to chatter about after your media tea time catch up ? you obtrusive @#%&!.

I'm sure Liverpool are discussed in plenty of other places.

Why don't you '#@&%! off' ()

Unread 24-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Any other random result of our rivals you'd like to chatter about after your media tea time catch up ? you obtrusive @#%&!.

I'm sure Liverpool are discussed in plenty of other places.

Why don't you '#@&%! off' ()

Unread 24-02-2014, 08:37 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
exactly, you can't argue with that. Sturridge and Suarez have been in blistering form all season.

Maybe if Suarez and Sturridge been out injured for 2 whole £#%&!ing months at the same time like Rooney and Van Persie were for us and they were relying on welbeck to win matches for them, they'd be in mid table.

Unread 24-02-2014, 09:47 PM
jem

Quote:

when suarez was missing, they still won. you can count the convincing wins on one finger, but let's not blame our relative situations on injuries. their position flatters them, for all the goals. ours is in no way undeserved. in spite of a couple of dodgy officials. without moyes, we'd be top 4. nqat.

the winning goal yesterday was a £#%&!ing fluke. the sort moyesie's tactics rely on.

Unread 24-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when suarez was missing, they still won. you can count the convincing wins on one finger, but let's not blame our relative situations on injuries. their position flatters them, for all the goals. ours is in no way undeserved. in spite of a couple of dodgy officials. without moyes, we'd be top 4. nqat.

the winning goal yesterday was a £#%&!ing fluke. the sort moyesie's tactics rely on.
I said BOTH of them. When Suarez was missing, strurridge scored and vice versa.

Who have they got to play up front if both of those were injured for 2 months?

I guarantee you had we not been having to rely on £#%&!ing welbeck for a month up front to score goals for us then we wouldn't be 6th.

Unread 24-02-2014, 10:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Rooney wasn't out for two months, though. He's only missed five league games this season.

We've only been without both Rooney and van Persie for three games in the league all season, two of which we won.

Unread 24-02-2014, 10:38 PM
jem

Quote:
I guarantee you had we not been having to rely on £#%&!ing welbeck for a month up front to score goals for us then we wouldn't be 6th.
I guarantee you if we were relying on welbeck it's because of the shit manager's shit selections and shit tactics.

Unread 24-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rooney wasn't out for two months, though. He's only missed five league games this season.

We've only been without both Rooney and van Persie for three games in the league all season, two of which we won.
however, it is no coincidence that results fell away in January after Welbeck had had to run the front-line almost on his own in the lead up to xmas and over the festive period with little respite. He did it pretty successfully but both Rooney and RvP suffered after aborted returns and set-backs.

that arsenal game came after a run of good results and performances that began with januzaj shining at sunderland. it was played on november 10th. leverkusen away was a fortnight later. the 6 wins on the trot came after RvP's aborted comeback and ended with Rooney set for a spell out after playing through his abductor injury.

the real problems have been in the back line obviously, but the goalscorers - and we have top class players in attack - being regularly unavailable over the last 2 months has increased the pressure on that constantly changing back line, simple as that. that United haven't addressed the back line, especially cover for both full-backs, is lamentable. but they haven't, and that's played a major part in hampering Moyes' first season so far. even at palace he had to settle for using smalling to try and keep palace's defence as honest as possible whilst he gave mata some of the freedom he needs.

Unread 24-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Kent Brockman

So the shit defence isn't B-Rod's fault, it's the players.

Quote:
“We conceded poor goals. It’s not the defensive structure, it’s individual mistakes and some poor decision making that’s cost us.

“There’s no doubt we’ll work on that side of it.”

Unread 24-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
So the shit defence isn't B-Rod's fault, it's the players.
He does have a point to a certain extent but then he signed Kolo Toure who is the chief culprit for half these defensive clangers.

tbh letting in goals doesn't really matter that much when you're playing against Swansea who's defenders just seemed to ignore Daniel Sturridge the entire game like he had some sort of cloak of invisibility on him.

Chico Flores is your quintessential "shit foreign defender". Fouls all the time, slow as £#%&!, get's caught on the ball, greasy long hair....it's textbook.

That... and Swansea's keeper was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals they conceded.
Closed Thread