United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:20 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The only thing coming at the moment is half time.

We've been crap.
I think we've done ok. A bit toothless upfront but that will change.

JOS has not given Bentley a kick.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
The only thing coming at the moment is half time.

We've been crap.
Sparky's Motto.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sparky's Motto.
Hey, i tell it like I see it.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:24 PM
wonky no

uninspiring first half. flat atmos and flat football. we need some zing in the second half AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT FROM OUTSIDE THE @#%&!ING BOX!??????

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Not the best start. I don't think any of berbatov's last 5 passes have found a red shirt.
Yep. It's only Berbatov's passes that have been going astray. Everyone else's is 10/10

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:26 PM
TreeFiddy

There is something very wrong with our attacking play.

Poor to watch and lacking imagination. Big problem imo.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Tiberian

Poor performance, very low on quality, our passing has generally been veyr slow an dlaboured and easily predicted. I would like to Anderson on to give us some drive through midfield, it is all a bit pedestrian.

Berbatov, well he has been stunningly bad, gave the ball away constantly, looked disinterested, very very poor. Tevz by constrast has been our brightest spark, looks the most likely to make things happen, linked up well with Ronaldo a couple of times.

Park taking corners

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Yep. It's only Berbatov's passes that have been going astray. Everyone else's is 10/10
Nope, but they're at least finding a red shirt with the majority. Berbatov gave the ball away about 6/7 times on the trot with sloppy passes. the ref bailed him out of the last one by giving a free kick against tottenham. Not good enought.

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sparky's Motto.

You'd think we were relegation struggler's from Sparky's usual half-time assessments

Anyway, was a bit £#%&!. Didn't think we were particularly bad, just lacking a little something. Which was always going to happen when you're missing players of Rooney and Evra's quality. Think it could do with Scholes or Ando to shake things up a little.

MUFC One Love

Villa all over again. Flat atmosphere, flat game, them (Villa and Spurs) quite happy to not get beat and United quite happy to not really go for it and keep a clean sheet and not get beat in a 'tough' away.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Nope, but they're at least finding a red shirt with the majority. Berbatov gave the ball away about 6/7 times on the trot with sloppy passes. the ref bailed him out of the last one by giving a free kick against tottenham. Not good enought.
Berbatov was one of our best players for most of the first half, towards the end of the half he gave it away a few times, but trying to play someone in and a defender intercepting doesn't really count as 'giving the ball away' does it?

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:30 PM
dunk

We have bossed possession throughout and were looking more and more dangerous as half time approached against a much improved Tottenham, who none of our rivals have beaten, at their ground.

Professional, composed away performance so far, that is just starting to warm up, IMO.

Berbatov is having a nightmare of gargantuan proportions though.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Berbatov was one of our best players for most of the first half, towards the end of the half he gave it away a few times, but trying to play someone in and a defender intercepting doesn't really count as 'giving the ball away' does it?
Well what does it count as then?

mate, i'm not making it up ffs - he was constantly giving it away. Had it been john o'shea there'd be post after post going on about how he's a @#%&! etc, etc.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:33 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Well what does it count as then?

mate, i'm not making it up ffs - he was constantly giving it away. Had it been john o'shea there'd be post after post going on about how he's a @#%&! etc, etc.
I disagree. For the first half an hour he kept moves going, as other players did, but we just haven't done enough. Been happy to just do little passes in and around the box. What I mean by not counting as 'giving it away' if you try to play a through ball, surely that isn't 'giving it away'? What do you do, just keep passing around in the box and never trying to find a killer ball?

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Ether

Thought Berbie was pretty shite to be honest. You could probably argue that he didn't have a lot to work with in terms of finding players, and with betters balls into the box he may even have had a goal or two. But to say he was one of our best players is really stretching it.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:36 PM
borsuk

berbatov has been poor but out passing overall has been inaccurate - partly because spurs are working very hard to press and harry, but also because we've been sloppy in moving the ball. good half from fletcher but carrick seems a yard off the pace and i wouldn't be surprised to see anderson come on pretty soon.

the real thing we're missing is some movement ahead of the ball towards the goal - somebody starting runs before the ball is played to offer a target. at the moment, like in the sunderland game, we're horribly static up front, all standing in a congested line at the edge of the box and waiting, so the ball ends up going sideway in ever less space. either we need someone to start running towards offside positions and trusting that the run will be picked up by the man with the ball, or we need someone to start carrying the ball from deep and driving at the spurs defence - anderson being the obvious candidate.

i do think berbatov has been poor, though, and his lack of movement is a problem, as it was against sunderland. i'd love to see fergie make it clear that more is expected and take him off for nani (ronnie to the centre) or giggs (intelligent enough to direct our attack from behind tevez). not that i blame berbatov particularly, but i think it's the obvious change.

give it 10 mins and then anderson for carrick and giggs for berbatov. then nani for park with 20 to go if we're still struggling.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

as far as spurs/ united games go its poor i think we will sneak this one though .
losing woodgate is a big blow for spurs chances of keeping us out for 90 mins.

i thought berbatov was ok 1st half

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Tiberian

Berbatov may look cool in giving the ball away Magic, but as the hub of most our attacking moves he is having a nightmare. He is not alone, Carrick unusually for him is struggling with his passing, Rafael can not find a forward pass either but Berbatov has had a lot of posession in decent areas and wasted it.

Let us hope for an improvement.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Berbatov may look cool in giving the ball away Magic, but as the hub of most our attacking moves he is having a nightmare. He is not alone, Carrick unusually for him is struggling with his passing, Rafael can not find a forward pass either but Berbatov has had a lot of posession in decent areas and wasted it.

Let us hope for an improvement.
Mr £#%&!ing Balon d'or needs to pull his £#%&!ing finger out as well.

Unread 13-12-2008, 07:44 PM
originalhogg

Hes trying to jinx this game this commentator, united havent conceded for 450 mins in the prem league...
Closed Thread