United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:22 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
'we are XXX off where we were last season'
erm last season we had seen a few decent performances and we looked the part. we went on a run of scoring 4 goals a game and played good football and made good subs etc. We went to anfield and the emirates and were ontop in both games
this season we have lost both those games, not scored at whl or villa park and haven't played well in either game.
what's to say we will turn it around? our managment take off our most goal threatening striker when we desperately need a goal, how will they turn it around. we have spent 30m this summer so in actual fact we should be better not worse.
That's true and I mentioned it already. How is it good to have played Villa, Spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal away and taken 4 points?

"Well at least those games are out the way"

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:28 PM
It's just a flesh wound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
That's true and I mentioned it already. How is it good to have played Villa, Spurs, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal away and taken 4 points?

"Well at least those games are out the way"
Nail on the head there Mr Fiddy.

It will continue all season long.

"The Riverside is a difficult place to go, they always up their game against us"

"Hull is a difficult to play at, good to get a 0-0 there...."

etc, etc.....

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:34 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
O'Shea :shakehead:

He's just poor. So so poor.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
O'Shea :shakehead:

He's just poor. So so poor.
To be fair to him, the stats on the Telegraph site are completely different and have him with far better pass completion rate.

And incedently, they have Berbie as our worst passer by some margin, with a distinctly miserable 67% of passes completed.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Whalefish

I haven't read a match report all season. I really am beginning to lose all interest.

What's the football like in Spain and Italy these days? I'm told Bilbao have a good central midfielder.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I haven't read a match report all season. I really am beginning to lose all interest.

What's the football like in Spain and Italy these days? I'm told Bilbao have a good central midfielder.
we dont need a central midfielder at all.

we have a good nucleas of central midfielders at the club. fletcher needs to be benched imo.
he putting in 'nothing' performances in midfield. not intelligent to see the good through ball and is just too obvious. id rather anderson played as some of his balls this season have been brilliant.
-his ball to tevez for both goals against blackburn
-his ball to rooney midweek
-his ball to berbatov that berbatov did that decent pivot on the byline.

we need passes like that to open up defences that sit back.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

If 'bad passes' is defined as giving the ball away, then that table is £#%&!ing garbage; there is no way O'Shea gave it away that much.

Someone is on a WUM there.

Rio did 2 in the space of about 30 seconds in the second half but they only have him down as 1.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

we have a good nucleas of central midfielders at the club. fletcher needs to be benched imo.
he putting in 'nothing' performances in midfield. not intelligent to see the good through ball and is just too obvious. id rather anderson played as some of his balls this season have been brilliant.

Sadly Anderson is absolutely £#%&!ed by the 60th minute mark and can barely run. Highlighting one or 2 good balls (notably 3 you mention were in 'nothing' games) is pointless. I'm a huge fan of Anderson but he needs to kick on now imo. Fletcher has been outstanding this season.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:52 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

real betis is where its at

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sadly Anderson is absolutely £#%&!ed by the 60th minute mark and can barely run.

He wasn't on wednesday. And he's been playing well enough to deserve a couple of starts in important games imo.

And he's played a lot of good balls this season. There were 2 absolute beauties in the first 20 mins at Anfield alone. If Tevez had been able to put the second away we'd have won that game and the scouse probably wouldn't have been anywhere near the top of the league by now

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

he putting in 'nothing' performances in midfield. not intelligent to see the good

Fletcher is in the team for his defensive discipline, we are harder to beat when he is in the team.

As with Park, he givs us good balance and stability.

I agree he is not going to win us the game very often with a bit of magic but that's why we have players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba, Carrick, Tevez etc

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:56 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sadly Anderson is absolutely £#%&!ed by the 60th minute mark and can barely run. Highlighting one or 2 good balls (notably 3 you mention were in 'nothing' games) is pointless. I'm a huge fan of Anderson but he needs to kick on now imo. Fletcher has been outstanding this season.
he has played 90 minutes his last two games and played well.
its also worth noting fletcher averages 60 minutes playing time anyway due to 'no.24' being subbed near enough everygame.

im highlighting assists/key passes. something midfielders should be getting.

fletcher hasnt been 'outstanding' since west brom (h) mid october.
was average at best at everton, a passenger against westham,ok against stoke and then we have the derby, sunderland and yesterday.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:

I never said we needed a midfielder. I just asked about a player I've not seen who was mentioned in a conversation I had last night. I haven't seen a match in Spain and Italy all season.

Agree re Anderson though.

I do think we need another midfielder though. Scholes getting older, Hargreaves fooked.

Unread 14-12-2008, 05:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Anderson has played 90 minutes recently in 'nothing' games. For me in other games Anderson becomes very ineffective after the hour mark. I don't know why he wasn't brought on yesterday, though. Bizarre really, he's obviously not impressing with something at the moment.

Unread 14-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
he has played 90 minutes his last two games and played well.
its also worth noting fletcher averages 60 minutes playing time anyway due to 'no.24' being subbed near enough everygame.

im highlighting assists/key passes. something midfielders should be getting.

fletcher hasnt been 'outstanding' since west brom (h) mid october.
was average at best at everton, a passenger against westham,ok against stoke and then we have the derby, sunderland and yesterday.

Fletcher is one of the players this season, that doesn't deserve to be slagged off. Especially when you are constantly telling us of the greatness of Anderson

Maybe you should highlight the fact that Midfielders should be a goal threat as well.
Closed Thread