United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
All football under Conference North/South cancelled and the season records expunged.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/mar/2...-update-260320
I love that word.
Looking forward to the following announcement.

"Dear Liverpool Football Club. You have been expunged. Goodbye."

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
All football under Conference North/South cancelled and the season records expunged.

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:53 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Just got the email

Managers whatsapp group is just every coach laughing at Liverpool...... "Stay safe, guys see you next season"

It's happening....a guy eating a bat has stopped Liverpool winning a league title after a 30 year wait

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Just imagine ... this season is wiped. Reset back to last August.

And the next season played, the vermin aren't able to replicate their form of this season. They finish 3rd, 4th or even 5th.

Oh God, I'm getting tumescent just thinking about it.

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Switching Off

I think the PL will move in line with the other top Euro leagues, which will be aligned with the two UEFA competitions, and the rest of the English league system will follow suit.

If we're all back to normal in August and Serie A, La Liga etc write off this season, the European competitions will be aligned, let's say they restart with the same qualifiers from this season, the PL cant really do any different.

Unread 26-03-2020, 04:59 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Just imagine ... this season is wiped. Reset back to last August.

And the next season played, the vermin aren't able to replicate their form of this season. They finish 3rd, 4th or even 5th.

Oh God, I'm getting tumescent just thinking about it.
This, together with some of the articles sconers has been posting saying the old Rona might not be killing as many as it seems, and suddenly 2020 looks a lot better than it did a month ago.

Unread 26-03-2020, 05:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I think the PL will move in line with the other top Euro leagues, which will be aligned with the two UEFA competitions, and the rest of the English league system will follow suit.

If we're all back to normal in August and Serie A, La Liga etc write off this season, the European competitions will be aligned, let's say they restart with the same qualifiers from this season, the PL cant really do any different.
France and Germany haven’t really been hit hard like Spain and Italy yet either. I’m sure Bayern and PSG will have their say in wiping it clean. Happy for us to have another season in the Europa but a better go at the league.

Unread 26-03-2020, 05:34 PM
goldfinger II

I want us to finish the league in the top 4, with 2 cups.

I'd take Liverpool winning it and us knocking them back off their perch.

Unread 26-03-2020, 05:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I want us to finish the league in the top 4, with 2 cups.

I'd take Liverpool winning it and us knocking them back off their perch.
I’d be up for that if it means all this shite £#%&!s off tbh.

Just get ready for them to milk the £#%&! out of it and claim they’ve one it in memory of everyone that’s died and how they’re now looking down on us with the 96 etc

Unread 26-03-2020, 05:51 PM
puressence

Gutted for the kids.

Unread 26-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Zorg

They'll find a way to finish the season imo. Don't get your hopes up.

In any case as others have said, if they do, it'll mean we somehow got over this mess. So if I see Henderson lifting the premier league trophy in the next few months, I'm genuinely not going to be remotely arsed. I'll take that.

Unread 26-03-2020, 06:17 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Gutted for the kids.
Because of his broken leg my lad has played a total of 4 matches this season. 4 goals though tbf.

Unread 26-03-2020, 06:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Because of his broken leg my lad has played a total of 4 matches this season. 4 goals though tbf.
None actually - all results wiped...

Unread 26-03-2020, 06:20 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
None actually - all results wiped...
Just had that convo. He's counting them anyway. Was going to be in two cup finals as well. He's gutted.

Unread 26-03-2020, 06:21 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Just had that convo. He's counting them anyway. Was going to be in two cup finals as well. He's gutted.
Imagine when he gets to 96 career goals and 246 and 996...

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

What does this actually mean, the team/individual player stats will no longer count?

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What does this actually mean, the team/individual player stats will no longer count?
Can''t see Ronaldo being chuffed with losing his 1000th appearance and 30 goals off his record, or whatever it is..

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can''t see Ronaldo being chuffed with losing his 1000th appearance and 30 goals off his record, or whatever it is..

Unread 26-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
exactly that.
Closed Thread