United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Oh FFS, Millwall played Brighton last time didn't they??

Actually my point still sort of stands, Wolves are quite a bit more likely to pull off an upset in the final than Watford IMO. Even if there isn't much to choose between the two objectively speaking.

Unread 07-04-2019, 12:21 AM
suedeshoes

That's the kind of insight we log in for.

Unread 07-04-2019, 08:58 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Barca beat atletico 2-0 fear the worst Wednesday
Atlético had 10 men for an hour

Unread 07-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
FA cup is done now.

Had they got wolves or even watford today it may have been different with one eye on spurs next week. As it happens they once again got a piss easy draw. People talk about the number of games they play but when its against fodder what does it matter.
Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, then either Wolves or Watford. I know it’s sour grapes but that is truly astonishing, I’ve never seen a cup run like that. They should be £#%&!ing embarrassed.

Unread 07-04-2019, 10:19 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Atlético had 10 men for an hour
Like us for 90 when matic starts

Unread 07-04-2019, 10:27 AM
barca99

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47842348

Baldy is playing down the quad after yesterdays game. Its would be a miracle he said and how can they be expected to do it. Erm maybe because you have spent a small fortune and played utter £#%&!ing shite in every cup competition?

"Do you believe we can play 60 games and give a fantastic performance every time? No team can do that,"

Yeah you had to be at the top of your game to beat newport and rotherham

Unread 07-04-2019, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Rotherham, Burnley, Newport, Swansea, Brighton, then either Wolves or Watford. I know it’s sour grapes but that is truly astonishing, I’ve never seen a cup run like that. They should be £#%&!ing embarrassed.
Chelsea had a few in that vein when they were piling up FA Cups a while back.

Unread 07-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Spock

Quote:
Is that city's? £#%&! me, have taken no notice whatsoever this year but that is bizarre

Unread 07-04-2019, 11:57 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
in 2011 they had leicester (who were then in the championship), notts county, villa, reading before narrowly beating us in the semi when we were down to 10 men.

in 2013 it was watford (also in the championship), stoke, leeds and barnsley.

apart from us, the only tricky fixture they've faced when they've got to the fa cup final has chelsea in the 2013 semi.

Unread 08-04-2019, 03:56 AM
jesper

Be £#%&!ing sickening if they won the lot with the draws they've had. Compare to '99 when every team we played in the CL proper was a genuine European giant apart from Brondby, and even they beat Bayern in the group. And beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle (who were handy at the time) in the cup.

Imagine the state of their season DVD We had at least 10 classic matches back then, can't think of a single one they've had yet. Maybe Swansea with that heroic and fair comeback

@#%&!s

Unread 08-04-2019, 07:25 AM
Knockers

We’re not above some flat-track bullying ourselves....so what?

Unread 08-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Zorg

Same Juve outfit who had a midfield of Zidane, Davids and Deschamps, two of whom had just won the World Cup

Unread 08-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

i think the point is, belittling a treble or quadruple is very bitter.

that's what we used to call them. They must be laughing their bollox off.

If we want to stop them winning the european cup, or liverpool winning the league, we need to count on united to do it. and we can't because we're a circus and woodward is the rich kid who thinks he can buy friends.

Unread 08-04-2019, 08:19 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

this. if they do it, they'll deserve it #mancfootyfam

Unread 08-04-2019, 08:44 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Same Juve outfit who had a midfield of Zidane, Davids and Deschamps, two of whom had just won the World Cup
And Inter had probably the best striker ever to play the game.

But I'm sure that's comparable to playing Cardiff away and Tottenham.

Unread 08-04-2019, 09:18 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesper
Be £#%&!ing sickening if they won the lot with the draws they've had. Compare to '99 when every team we played in the CL proper was a genuine European giant apart from Brondby, and even they beat Bayern in the group. And beating Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle (who were handy at the time) in the cup.

Imagine the state of their season DVD We had at least 10 classic matches back then, can't think of a single one they've had yet. Maybe Swansea with that heroic and fair comeback

@#%&!s
The league isn’t exactly the most competitive these days either.

Two team relegated in early April and two teams likely to get 90+ points just shows how poor the overall quality is imo.

Unread 08-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Zorg

Quote:

If we want to stop them winning the european cup, or liverpool winning the league, we need to count on united to do it. and we can't because we're a circus and woodward is the rich kid who thinks he can buy friends.
Well that might be true, but I'm still going to moan about it on here.

Unread 08-04-2019, 10:06 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Spot on.

Whilst we would begrudge them doing it, gotta hold your hands up and say it's deserved with the way they are playing. Still hoping that Barcelona will do them when they eventually meet.

Unread 08-04-2019, 04:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Two team relegated in early April and two teams likely to get 90+ points just shows how poor the overall quality is imo.
So somebody apart from me has noticed then

To contrast, two decades ago we had a memorable almost to the death struggle for the title with Arsenal. Our winning total was........79 points.

Unread 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Spot on.

Whilst we would begrudge them doing it, gotta hold your hands up and say it's deserved with the way they are playing. Still hoping that Barcelona will do them when they eventually meet.
Hoping United get knocked out. Sickening
Closed Thread