United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2008, 09:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Nani

Quote:
Nani apologises

Manchester United winger Nani will apologise to his team-mates at training on Tuesday after his reckless headbutt on Lucas Neill incurred the wrath of referee Mike Riley and manager Sir Alex Ferguson, and led to the Portugal international making a hasty exit from Old Trafford.

Nani did not join in the traditional lap of honour with his colleagues after the 4-1 win against West Ham and will be hoping his actions do not cost him a place in the Champions League final against Chelsea.

Ferguson's reaction to the Portugal international's first-half indiscretion has cast serious doubts over whether the former Sporting starlet will be included in Moscow as he is suspended for the crucial trip to Wigan Athletic and the first two games of next season.

"Believe me, it was really hard for me," Nani said in a statement on his agent's official website. "That moment, I just wanted to disappear, and I did just that.

"And, for that, I would also like to say to the supporters and the club that I'm sorry.

"Since I left the stadium right away, I couldn't be with my team at the end.

"But next Tuesday I will be at the club to redeem myself for that mistake and tell all of them that I'm sorry for what I have done and apologise for my behaviour."

United ended up coasting to a 4-1 win against West Ham on Saturday, even though they were down to ten men for the entire second period, but Ferguson's side still require a win at Wigan next Sunday to clinch the title.

Nani added: "I publicly want to tell [everyone] that I'm deeply sorry, firstly to my team-mates for the extra effort over 60 minutes, secondly to my coaches and finally to United's supporters, who have been great to me.

"I know my act was heedless but I would also like to say that I was provoked and hit. This is not an excuse but this was exactly what happened.

"I am sorry for what I have done and I must thank my team-mates for being able to secure a win of major importance for us."

Assistant manager Carlos Queiroz commented: "We cannot tolerate situations that may compromise the player, the team and the image of the club.

"It is strange that the referee has not seen the clip round the ears that Neill gave him but they must be prepared for these difficult moments and not react.

"It was a response to Neill's aggression but we cannot excuse it."
Was a £#%&!ing idiot, but nice to see him come out and appologise.

He'll learn.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:00 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Was a £#%&!ing idiot, but nice to see him come out and appologise.

He'll learn.
Link!

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
RedArmy20

he got fined didnt he?

good for him, he has learned

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Link!
http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News...cets/football/

Bunker Buster

Should have apologised for his reaction and not got the @#%&!oz Quote try and justifies it.

He did it.........went down like a @#%&!......smiled as he walked off...

Nice to see him quote the fans and that, but it will take more for me.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

He really needs some mentoring right now, clearly got the talent and if coached properly is gonna be a diamond for us, needs to pick his dummy up tho

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:05 PM
fergieslovechild

Thumbs up

Quote:
Only took two days!

So the paying fans are only 3rd in the list of people who deserve an apology.

Tut!

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieslovechild
Only took two days!

So the paying fans are only 3rd in the list of people who deserve an apology.

Tut!
Not the point, he was big enough to come and appologise publicly for this just hope next time he does not lose his head.

He's had a cracking season for us and it's a shame this season he'll be remembered for 2 minutes of madness and not the cracking goals he's scored and the amount of key assists he's had.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Not the point, he was big enough to come and appologise publicly for this just hope next time he does not lose his head.

He's had a cracking season for us and it's a shame this season he'll be remembered for 2 minutes of madness and not the cracking goals he's scored and the amount of key assists he's had.
Big enough to apologise?

Bet he was £#%&!ing ORDERED to apologise.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:17 PM
fergieslovechild

Quote:

Not the point.

He left the stadium before the end of the game as he felt wronged.

Yes he's been good on occassion this season, so have I, I didn't get up and leave the stadium when I've felt wronged ie when O'shea or Fletcher has left the bench.

He needs to grow up sharpish.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Be quiet.

Take your Red specs off.
I'll keep 'em on, thanks.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
I'll keep 'em on, thanks.
Whilst its on then you can keep chatting shit then

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Ether

Something tells me he didn't write that statement either.

Heedless

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Heedless

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:27 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether

Heedless
haha too £#%&!ing true

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:35 PM
chorleyred

explains why he wasn't on the pitch for the lap, he'd stormed out of the ground already

bet he's had the mother of all %@#$&!ings

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

I've stuck up for him recently but can't defend that...he was a tool on Saturday and put himself before the team

think he was sent off a few times for Sporting ....needs to cut the petulant shit out

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:52 PM
rebelcountyred

who hasn't made a total arse of themselves at that age?
he made a mistake and hopefully he will learn from it, he's a quality player and i reckon that given time he will more than make up for his £#%&!wittery on saturday.

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
who hasn't made a total arse of themselves at that age?
he made a mistake and hopefully he will learn from it, he's a quality player and i reckon that given time he will more than make up for his £#%&!wittery on saturday.
unless we sign Ashley Young and £#%&! him off

Unread 05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
unless we sign Ashley Young and £#%&! him off
nani>ashley young
Closed Thread