United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Ah, looks like it's been removed, was working earlier. Anyone save it?
Try U Tube. (wink wink).

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He completely lost it didn't he.

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

What you need in situations like that is Eamon Dunphy.

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nah, Paddy Crerand.

Unread 25-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Nah, Paddy Crerand.
Bedders - funnily enough listened to the Green commentary and he was in complete agreement....

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Bedders - funnily enough listened to the Green commentary and he was in complete agreement....
With the sending off? Really?

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
With the sending off? Really?
Really. I don't think he liked it but generally agreed the ref did the right thing. I didn't catch it live but 'spoony' played it back on the phone in.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Really. I don't think he liked it but generally agreed the ref did the right thing. I didn't catch it live but 'spoony' played it back on the phone in.
Maybe he's ill or summat?

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Maybe he's ill or summat?
but someone said the Five live post match report was complete %@#$&!s, somet along the lines of saying the sending off changed it all, liverpool were clearly going to come back and win 2-1 if he hadn't been sent off etc etc. So, they balance it out.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
After saying Ashley Cole should have walked on Wednesday there's not much more he could say.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:30 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
'Spoony' is such a @#%&!. Listened to his tripe and his clueless callers for the duration of the journey home. Utter %@#$&!s.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Gray got really pissed off

Even Hansen, who I got the impression wasn't sure it was a red card, didn't seem half as bothered as Gray.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:38 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

It's pretty tame by comparison with some of the blow out ons involving him.

Unread 25-03-2008, 05:25 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
It's pretty tame by comparison with some of the blow out ons involving him.
Indeed. His rant against Venables is £#%&!ing class

Incidentally, I believe El Tel is now planning on suing Mr Dunphy, citing that rant as the reason he didn't get the Ireland job

Unread 25-03-2008, 06:36 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Incidentally, I believe El Tel is now planning on suing Mr Dunphy, citing that rant as the reason he didn't get the Ireland job
I don't know anyone who's not happy with the Trappatoni appointment, he'll be laughed out of court.

The boys are unbelieveably powerful voices in Irish football though.

I mean, one of them's going to be involved in the backroom staff now and another was on the selection committee, for pity's sake.

Granted, it's understandable when you think who the FAI entrusted with the job last time out. Probably better off just listening to the pundits.

Unread 25-03-2008, 08:12 PM
goldfinger

FAI just did it in the hope of reducing future criticism by making them complicit in the whole thing, IMO.

Unfortunately, the role of football associations the world over seems to be mainly one of avoiding embarrassment & responsibility.

Unread 25-03-2008, 08:41 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger
FAI just did it in the hope of reducing future criticism by making them complicit in the whole thing, IMO.

Unfortunately, the role of football associations the world over seems to be mainly one of avoiding embarrassment & responsibility.
Not helped in Ireland by the fact that the FAI is made look amateurish by the, well, amateurs.

The GAA are unbelieveably well run. They should really think of hiring themselves out to the likes of the FAI, even the FA.

Unread 25-03-2008, 09:00 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I heard that, and said, its shows the state of affairs when Greene says he has to go, didn't even manage to shoe horn blaming Neville or Ronaldo into it.

I started a thread about the spoony thing on Sunday night, he kept saying whats the difference between dissent - talking to the ref and abusive behaviour.

my interpretation is

1> talking to the ref - is talking to the ref
2> Dissent is back chat - especially when told to "button it"
3> abusive behaviour - is swearing at the ref (wayne can be prone to this, but we seem to have been seeing less of it recently)

Mascherano was CONSTANTLY flicking between 2 and 3 from the point following his first booking - everyone could see it coming (apart from Stevie Me, who should have to told him to shut the £#%&! up)

tbf NONE of the scousers who came on 606 tried to excuse his behaviour / or the decisions.

Unread 25-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Terry Silver

Dunphy is a @#%&!.

Plays devil's advocate just for the sake of it, which makes him just as bad as the BBC yes men in my book.

Spent all of last year slating Ronaldo just to be different.

Attention seeking, alcoholic #@&%!.
Closed Thread