United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:50 AM
Grimson

Default "Manchester City is being used as a branding vehicle....

...to promote and effectively launder the reputation of a country perpetrating serial human rights abuses."

Just some guy with a blog, it seems, but he makes good points here.

http://www.soccerissue.com/2014/02/1...professionals/

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Grimson

And perhaps a more thoroughly researched piece:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ts-accusations

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Crumps

But without them would they have a a big ASDA to finally replace all the old factories and other premises from the various Industries destroyed in the shithole that is East Manchester.

Would be amusing if the real reason they bought them was to get the rest of the coal and frack the shit out of the tripe colony.

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:55 AM
Gruber

nobody will care. it's 2014, it's the way of the world. wealth > human rights.

Unread 14-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

MNIK is going to take these 'revelations' quite hard i think

Unread 14-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Clear that the Glazers debt mountain was a deliberate ruse to deflect attention from Guantanamo.

Unread 14-02-2014, 11:12 AM
no fun

It's the line I've been pushing for ages to city mates

They have become the type of club they despised

Tbh, they couldn't give a £#%&!

Unread 14-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
...to promote and effectively launder the reputation of a country perpetrating serial human rights abuses."

Just some guy with a blog, it seems, but he makes good points here.

http://www.soccerissue.com/2014/02/1...professionals/
Sounds about right.

Unread 14-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Turin

The last sentence was a bit "oh, i need to work Soriano and Begiristain back into this piece about human rights in Abu Dhabi".

Unread 14-02-2014, 01:57 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
as I suspected

don't worry duckie, you'll still be able to take pictures of their new facitlities and kid yourself on they're doing it all for Manchester

bless
Show me where I've said that they are doing it all for Manchester you bumbling idiot. I've said that what they're doing benefits Manchester, which undoubtedly it does.

The point I was making was targeted towards those that live/work in Greater Manchester and the way MUFC/MCFC interact with their local communities - nothing to do with Birmingham pal so feel free to keep your beak out.

Unread 14-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Show me where I've said that they are doing it all for Manchester you bumbling idiot. I've said that what they're doing benefits Manchester, which undoubtedly it does.

The point I was making was targeted towards those that live/work in Greater Manchester and the way MUFC/MCFC interact with their local communities - nothing to do with Birmingham pal so feel free to keep your beak out.
wow

Unread 14-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
nobody will care. it's 2014, it's the way of the world. wealth > human rights.

Unread 14-02-2014, 02:18 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Agree, I only work over the back from 'them' and the initiatives they put in for the community are excellent. £5 for kids etc, they will fill the new stadium, they will over take us.

A bit like America watching the Chinese grow & grow do you think they will just let them get bigger? Or will they initiate some kind of war to bomb them back to the 1940's?

Somebody has to stop them FFS. *City not the Chinese.

Unread 14-02-2014, 02:20 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
Agree, I only work over the back from 'them' and the initiatives they put in for the community are excellent. £5 for kids etc, they will fill the new stadium, they will over take us.

A bit like America watching the Chinese grow & grow do you think they will just let them get bigger? Or will they initiate some kind of war to bomb them back to the 1940's?

Somebody has to stop them FFS. *City not the Chinese.
Will they £#%&!, bar about 6 games a season.

Unread 14-02-2014, 02:30 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Will they £#%&!, bar about 6 games a season.
Ive not looked at the time scales of the completion I assume its 'yonks' off.

10 years of taking my boys to football, and ive noticed the change in the shirts. Its getting 50/50 now, more success will bring more fans.

Its the kids who's dads didn't like footy growing up (they have had to get into it for their kids) so they don't have any affiliation.

Just glance across at the AstroTurf's /parks when passing will tell you there are more and more blues.

Reminds me of the early 90's when you couldn't look round without seeing a BOVIS Oldham shirt!

Unread 14-02-2014, 03:10 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

They have become the type of club they despised

no. they couldn't - i said something similar, too.

they're second rate people, city fans... average, double denim, moustache-loving, peroxide blonde mullet sporting clowns.

they'd sell their grand mother to get success.

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:26 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

They have become the type of club they PRETENDED TO despise

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
they'd sell their grand mother to get success.
Every supporter would. Nobody believed that "we're not like the rest" schtick. The only real surprise is how much they resent that their "loveable plucky underdog" self-cultivated image is gone forever.

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:35 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Every supporter would. Nobody believed that "we're not like the rest" schtick. The only real surprise is how much they resent that their "loveable plucky underdog" self-cultivated image is gone forever.
We were the only supporters who were against the owner despite success
You could have asked most united fans if they wanted glazer out 2 minutes after the champions league and the vast majority would say yes

Unread 14-02-2014, 04:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
We were the only supporters who were against the owner despite success
You could have asked most united fans if they wanted glazer out 2 minutes after the champions league and the vast majority would say yes
Yeah but that's because our owners are seen to compromise success, whereas they wouldn't have a hope in hell of success if it wasn't for their owners. It's hardly a fair comparison.
Closed Thread