United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:07 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
can he not just retire ffs? he must have about $200m in the bank ffs.
sure he loves the game so he does
come home david

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:11 PM
dodger

Quote:
He's going to do two years at Orient. They'll get 10,000 extra on their gate every week. The whole club, and even their division will be lifted, and he'll have put something back into grass roots football in the area where he grew up. He doesn't need the money, the club do and his ego will be massaged by everyone thnking what a great bloke he is. Everyone's a winner.

Well done Becks. I knew deep down you had it in you.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
He's going to do two years at Orient. They'll get 10,000 extra on their gate every week. The whole club, and even their division will be lifted, and he'll have put something back into grass roots football in the area where he grew up. He doesn't need the money, the club do and his ego will be massaged by everyone thnking what a great bloke he is. Everyone's a winner.

Imagine him telling her and the kids they're moving from Beverly Hills back to East London.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:19 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Imagine him telling her and the kids they're moving from Beverly Hills back to East London.
Cor blimey, imagine.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
This. He's the same age as Paul Scholes, he has won enough trophies and earned enough money to not have to make a @#%&! of himself. He should just retire before he ends up having rings run around him by a teenager.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
They can live in highgate/herts/chelsea etc. They don't have to go to a high rise in Mile End ffs

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Spiffy

Former England captain David Beckham is leaving Los Angeles Galaxy next month after six years at the American Major League Soccer (MLS) club.
He intends to quit after the season-ending MLS Cup final on 1 December.
In a statement Beckham, 37, said: "I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career."

Melbourne Heart claim they are in talks with Beckham over a "10-game stint" in Australia, despite his camp saying he had "no plans" to play in the A League.
Heart chief executive Scott Munn told BBC Sport: "We are incredibly serious and working tirelessly with David's representatives to table a compelling offer which is commensurate with the international player that David is.
"We're talking to David about a 10-game stint. Football is the third code behind Australian Rules football and rugby league. We think David takes it to the next level."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20405547

There's more if you click on the link. He's off to Australia, YHIHF.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Former England captain David Beckham is leaving Los Angeles Galaxy next month after six years at the American Major League Soccer (MLS) club.
He intends to quit after the season-ending MLS Cup final on 1 December.
In a statement Beckham, 37, said: "I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career."

Melbourne Heart claim they are in talks with Beckham over a "10-game stint" in Australia, despite his camp saying he had "no plans" to play in the A League.
Heart chief executive Scott Munn told BBC Sport: "We are incredibly serious and working tirelessly with David's representatives to table a compelling offer which is commensurate with the international player that David is.
"We're talking to David about a 10-game stint. Football is the third code behind Australian Rules football and rugby league. We think David takes it to the next level."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20405547

There's more if you click on the link. He's off to Australia, YHIHF.
melbourne what?

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:30 PM
denis lawless

its very difficult for a sportsman to stop playing......money doesnt come into the reckoning.

playing the sport you love ....and at this level, having thousands of fans chanting your name week in, week out, is a powerful drug which must be hard to give up

many players suffer depression when their career ends...its all theyve done since being a school kid.....and if they dont go into managerment or punditory, what have they got left...sitting at home counting their money ?

pop stars carry on till they cant stand up on stage for a full 2 hour set and can have numerous comebacks ...usually to feel that buzz again...sportsmen cant make a comeback at 50 or 60.

doesnt surprise me that the likes of giggsy, scholes and beckham want to carry on as long as possible.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
melbourne what?
£#%&!ing terrible isn't it. There's two teams in Melbourne, "Victory" and "Heart". Cringe.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
£#%&!ing terrible isn't it. There's two teams in Melbourne, "Victory" and "Heart". Cringe.
Melbourne Cringe would be better.

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I prefer "eradicated"

Unread 20-11-2012, 02:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'd support them.

Unread 20-11-2012, 03:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
He's going to do two years at Orient.
Bring back Sitts!!

"And you, you little @#%&!, will be following Becks down the street"

Unread 20-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
I prefer "eradicated"
Not a bad city tbh... lap dancing capital of Australia

Unread 20-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Excellent idea, although I doubt he'll do it.

A stint at FC would be funnier though

Unread 20-11-2012, 04:34 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Excellent idea, although I doubt he'll do it.

A stint at FC would be funnier though
There's more chance of me managing them to an FA cup win. He should do though.

Unread 20-11-2012, 04:36 PM
believe

Quote:
There's more chance of me managing them to an FA cup win. He should do though.
you'd definitely damage them

£#%&!ing editing @#%&!

Unread 20-11-2012, 04:37 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
you'd definitely damage them

£#%&!ing editing @#%&!
Phew, in the nick of time

Unread 20-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
I've coached hockey to a reasonable level so its very difficult for a sportsman to stop playing......money doesnt come into the reckoning.

drawing on my netball coaching experience, playing the sport you love ....and at this level, having thousands of fans chanting your name week in, week out, is a powerful drug which must be hard to give up

as a bit of an expert in sports psychology, even if I do say so myself, many players suffer depression when their career ends...its all theyve done since being a school kid.....and if they dont go into managerment or punditory, what have they got left...sitting at home counting their money ?

speaking as I do from a coach's point of view, pop stars carry on till they cant stand up on stage for a full 2 hour set and can have numerous comebacks ...usually to feel that buzz again...sportsmen cant make a comeback at 50 or 60.

after years of experience teaching badminton to a reasonably high level, it doesnt surprise me that the likes of giggsy, scholes and beckham want to carry on as long as possible.
this message is brought to you by Stating the bleeding obvious
Closed Thread