United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
agreed. city winning it is way worse than the £#%&!ing vermin.
but not for ooters. Anyone who doesn't interact or know city supporters and says it's worse than liverpool is probably not entirely truthful.

feel sorry for the manchester reds most, and not just for their taste in clothes and music this time.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:53 PM
JakeB

I don't think any club has experienced something quite like this tbh

Former mid table, laughing stock, shite rivals @#%&!ting you 6-1 at home, and then winning the league in injury time of the last game of the season. Absolutely unbelievable.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I don't think any club has experienced something quite like this tbh

Former mid table, laughing stock, shite rivals @#%&!ting you 6-1 at home, and then winning the league in injury time of the last game of the season. Absolutely unbelievable.
Yeah. Lol.

Unread 13-05-2012, 07:59 PM
tatty

Need to stop snivelling, just gives them an importance that their non-entity of a club doesn't merit.

They've won a title with a billion quid - so they should ffs.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Need to stop snivelling
3 hours after it happened? Don't think so. It'll take me longer than that.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
They've won a title with a billion quid - so they should ffs.
i keep saying this to the missus, and she keeps giving me that look like a nurse to a baldy little kiddy who's telling her what he wants for his birthday in 6 months.

£#%&!

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Barcelona didn't lose the European Cup final to Real Madrid. Milan didn't give up a three goal lead in Istanbul to Inter. Michael Thomas didn't score his winner for Everton. None of the events you posted even remotely approach gut wrenching hideousness of what we've just had to endure.

Honestly, if you were any other fredster, I'd have called you some very unpleasant names.
It's happened. All those clubs have lost titles/cups to deadly/hated rivals. Everton pipped Liverpool to one in the 80s. Celtic and Rangers have done it to each other a dozen times, as have Real-Barca, Milan-Inter, River-Boca. Look what happened to Fenerbahce just yesterday. It happens.

Having said that....

Fergie's shit@#%&!s.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:16 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
united -

humiliated in champions league final of 2009

humiliated in champions league final of 2011

meekly surrender in FA cup semi-final against hated local rivals

humiliated 1 -6 at home to hated local rivals

can't manage a shot on goal against hated local rivals in title decider

pipped to the post in the last two minutes of the last game of the season by hated local rivals

starting to see a pattern here. our thnder@#%&!s have been on the arse end of so many thunderbolts I think freggie has offended the gods of football in a big £#%&!ing way.
Us and Barca. £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Billy Bigbollox

I know we all feel £#%&!ing terrible but imagine if it was the Scouse that did that today. At least it was the non entity joke club who are a billionaire's play thing rather than those vile @#%&!s. I think I'd have been lobbing myself off Beetham Tower if that happened. As it is the dogs have been booted round the garden 3 times, I've gobbed on the div over the roads car and the missus is in for a fearful row at some point this evening. Football can just £#%&! off as far as I'm concerned

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:17 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
but not for ooters. Anyone who doesn't interact or know city supporters and says it's worse than liverpool is probably not entirely truthful.

feel sorry for the manchester reds most, and not just for their taste in clothes and music this time.
that's the truth - there are very very few City fans, who I have ever met (at least) that have come from outside of Manchester/NW. Actually, I don't think I can actually think of one. £#%&! me, I don't think I have even ever seen anyone wear city colours out here (and their mad about a variety of English teams). But City

I wonder if this success will buy them some fans as well. It's bound to (a few kids here and there) but on a large scale ? I don't £#%&!ing think so...at least not outside the Arab world.

Anyway, back to the original point, I'm just £#%&!ing glad I don't live in Manchester anymore and feel sorry for those Fredsters that do...it's going to be a long year for them

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
that's the truth - there are very very few City fans, who I have ever met (at least) that have come from outside of Manchester/NW. Actually, I don't think I can actually think of one. £#%&! me, I don't think I have even ever seen anyone wear city colours out here (and their mad about a variety of English teams). But City

I wonder if this success will buy them some fans as well. It's bound to (a few kids here and there) but on a large scale ? I don't £#%&!ing think so...at least not outside the Arab world.

Anyway, back to the original point, I'm just £#%&!ing glad I don't live in Manchester anymore and feel sorry for those Fredsters that do...it's going to be a long year for them
Im currently thinking of a good excuse not to go in tomorrow, my workplace is full of the @#%&!s, £#%&!ing dreading it if Im prefectly honest with you.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:19 PM
andyroo

There's always been a few here. Stupid thing is they like to go on with all the Top Bertie bullshit about supporting the "real Manchester club", despite not even being from Manchester themselves

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:21 PM
n48

Thinking of moving to New York. Doubt they'd have me but its got to be worth a shot right? Anything but living in this city for the next year or decade.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

I think it will to some extent. Said earlier I saw a French person wearing a city top the other day. However, they do seem to think they'll be thought of as a genuinely huge club thanks to their 'project to develop the brand'
We'll see. Ironically it's the Manchester in their name that will assist them, thanks to United.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:30 PM
borsuk

will they £#%&! gain more fans. they'll shift a few shirts but £#%&! all compared to the big sides.

they'll have a few good years then as soon as the money dries up they'll disappear back down the shitter. and it will dry up sooner or later, hopefully nice and sudden and the whole house of cards will collapse, sending the @#%&!s the way of leeds.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:34 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think it will to some extent. Said earlier I saw a French person wearing a city top the other day. However, they do seem to think they'll be thought of as a genuinely huge club thanks to their 'project to develop the brand'
We'll see. Ironically it's the Manchester in their name that will assist them, thanks to United.
The individual players they buy will attract fans of those players, I suppose (i.e. players of the ilk of Beckham, will bring them girl fans, a key Asian signing like Park, etc etc) but really I think it will take them many many years of ongoing success and investment to bring them up to the levels of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, in terms of a global fan base, and with financial controls coming into force will they be able to achieve that ? I, for one, don't £#%&!ing think so.

Highlight's of today will no doubt be shown over and over, but only like the Denis Law back heal goal. We'll be back above them, maybe not next season, or the season after that, but in the long term I just don't see them lasting

Scant consolation, but still...

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:35 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
will they £#%&! gain more fans. they'll shift a few shirts but £#%&! all compared to the big sides.

they'll have a few good years then as soon as the money dries up they'll disappear back down the shitter. and it will dry up sooner or later, hopefully nice and sudden and the whole house of cards will collapse, sending the @#%&!s the way of leeds.
Money dries up? Mansour and his family are worth over a trillion dollars

We just have to hope he gets bored. FFP will be worked around no doubt.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Its nowhere near as painful as those clubs would feel in those worst possible scenarios.
Get a £#%&!ing clue, Norwegian Guy.

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

They said that about Chelsea, not really happening is it?

Unread 13-05-2012, 08:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Money dries up? Mansour and his family are worth over a trillion dollars

We just have to hope he gets bored. FFP will be worked around no doubt.
that's what i mean. that or a particularly bloody revolution.
Closed Thread