United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Grimson

Default Every Great Club Has Days Like These In Their History

Barcelona, humiliated in front of the world, 4-0 in the 1994 Champions League Final.

Juventus, relegated in scandal.

AC Milan, throwing away a 3-0 halftime lead in another Champions League Final.

Bayern Munich - I think we can all now truly understand how they felt that day in 1999.

Liverpool - Michael Thomas.

River Plate - relegated.

Those are just off the top of my head. There are many more I'm sure.

This club has dealt with a lot worse than pissing a single title up a rope.

Not to say this isn't going to hurt for a long time. But it's part of football. And it happens to everybody.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:10 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Barcelona, humiliated in front of the world, 4-0 in the 1994 Champions League Final.

Bayern Munich - I think we can all now truly understand how they felt that day in 1999.

River Plate - relegated.

Not to say this isn't going to hurt for a long time. But it's part of football. And it happens to everybody.
Stop being so £#%&!in reasonable. YMMS.

suedeshoes

£#%&! off with your 'perspective' and silky hair. Too soon.

borsuk

Quote:

River Plate - relegated.

the dog's waiting

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the dog's waiting
He doesn't want to go.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Serenity Now

£#%&! off. Wallowing in misery>perspective.

suedeshoes

Quote:
Obviously but can anyone remember a more hurtful thing happening on the pitch? No, they cant. We were champions for 30 seconds. City have won this like we win things. £#%&! it. £#%&! it all. And £#%&! you and you too. And you.

Fountz

Thumbs up

Great Club !! ..you're right Mate, we are a Great Club.

nice one Grimmers.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Definitely.

city won the league.

Now the league is over. Euros in a few weeks.

Next league game it starts all over again.

winning the league when you're not champions is always better than retaining the league.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Zorg

All true, but I'm just jealous. I'm jealous they got to hurt their most hated rivals in a way United have never managed to hurt them. I'm jealous they got to win a title like this when United's involved things like watching Oldham beat Villa.

I know that's pathetic and spoilt and mardarse, I realise that. But if ever there's a day to be allowed to behave like a bit of toddler it's today. I'm stamping my £#%&!ing feet, refusing to turn the telly on and am going to sit and play computer games whilst getting pissed (the one departure from behaving like a toddler).

Thank for Chelsea being in the final and the Euros and olympics coming up, take the media's attention off this.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:17 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

£#%&! you american guy

hold me grimmers

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:19 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Barcelona didn't lose the European Cup final to Real Madrid. Milan didn't give up a three goal lead in Istanbul to Inter. Michael Thomas didn't score his winner for Everton. None of the events you posted even remotely approach gut wrenching hideousness of what we've just had to endure.

Honestly, if you were any other fredster, I'd have called you some very unpleasant names.

Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Barcelona didn't lose the European Cup final to Real Madrid. Milan didn't give up a three goal lead in Istanbul to Inter. Michael Thomas didn't score his winner for Everton. None of the events you posted even remotely approach gut wrenching hideousness of what we've just had to endure.

Honestly, if you were any other fredster, I'd have called you some very unpleasant names.
Spot on, pal. Spot on. This is as low as it gets.

Sparky***

Pffft, getting humiliated in a european cup final feels like a great day compared to this.

And we should £#%&!ing know.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:20 PM
irk

united -

humiliated in champions league final of 2009

humiliated in champions league final of 2011

meekly surrender in FA cup semi-final against hated local rivals

humiliated 1 -6 at home to hated local rivals

can't manage a shot on goal against hated local rivals in title decider

pipped to the post in the last two minutes of the last game of the season by hated local rivals

starting to see a pattern here. our thnder@#%&!s have been on the arse end of so many thunderbolts I think freggie has offended the gods of football in a big £#%&!ing way.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:27 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
All true, but I'm just jealous. I'm jealous they got to hurt their most hated rivals in a way United have never managed to hurt them. I'm jealous they got to win a title like this when United's involved things like watching Oldham beat Villa.

I know that's pathetic and spoilt and mardarse, I realise that. But if ever there's a day to be allowed to behave like a bit of toddler it's today. I'm stamping my £#%&!ing feet, refusing to turn the telly on and am going to sit and play computer games whilst getting pissed (the one departure from behaving like a toddler).

Thank for Chelsea being in the final and the Euros and olympics coming up, take the media's attention off this.
Yes, but they aren't Manchester United. They're cITY.

Always have been, always will be.

United will rise to the challenge and win it next season. Did you really expect us to win it back in August? It's been a season of transition. They almost £#%&!ing blew it from January onwards.

Yes, I know it hurts, but the Everton game was the one for me. That's when I was most upset.

£#%&! 'em. They know we'll be back. They £#%&!ing know it.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Yes, but they aren't Manchester United. They're cITY.

Always have been, always will be.

United will rise to the challenge and win it next season. Did you really expect us to win it back in August? It's been a season of transition. They almost £#%&!ing blew it from January onwards.

Yes, I know it hurts, but the Everton game was the one for me. That's when I was most upset.

£#%&! 'em. They know we'll be back. They £#%&!ing know it.
Yes, i'll bet Mancini was on the pitch at full time telling them all to "keep it down" as they don't want to wind United up.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Jethro

Thumbs up

Quote:

River Plate - relegated.

At last

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:29 PM
saffers

Quote:

River Plate - relegated.

This.

10 man qpr, they were always gonna win. We couldn't affect that game. All the damage was done vs Wigan, Everton in the derby.

You could see from our players that they knew they it wasn't gonna happen anyway, just a simple shrug and went off to applaud our fans who were good.

Can't blame the lads who actually watched Citys game for being sickened to the max though. 2 minutes away from shit@#%&!ing our way to another league against the team that spent over a billion.

Unread 13-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Tronics

still feels horrible
Closed Thread