Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Who cares?

Defending is pure Yawn.

------

A sport that I thought would be boring went in blind...Lacrosse in Canada. Calgary fire or some thing...

Brutal, pure brutal sport....like the best bits of ice hockey ALL the time.

Unread 23-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
There's different kinds of enjoyment to be taken from games too.

everybody loves a 3-3, but a tense, cagey High - stakes 0-0 can be interesting.

eg, I found the world cup final fascinating. It wasn't aesthetically entertaining, but it was so tense because of the prize. and when the gotze goal went in, i didn't care, but you can sense the magnitude of it and that provides it's own drama.
So you're saying there's one interesting game every four years.

Unread 23-08-2014, 07:37 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Football is mostly shit unless you have strong feeling for one reason or another, maybe just about the result or at least some of those involved.

i agree with throb

same goes for other sports....beyond a few graceful moves and technical plays...usually in slow motion and set to music.....watching is boring if you have no skin in the game.

playing > watching
Closed Thread