United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: When should we excise this day tumor?
TONIGHT 23 39.66%
January 13 22.41%
I like him. 22 37.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2017, 12:21 PM
dunk

Not like Dodger to spout revisionist %@#$&!s..

Unread 28-12-2017, 12:25 PM
andyroo

Unlike dodger

Where is that fella?

Unread 28-12-2017, 01:09 PM
Cream

I like jammy (we already have a dodger, lads).

But to see him come on here and basically call me out for being a @#%&! is unacceptable.

Well, Fred has spoken, the stats are in, and boy do I feel vindicated.

Unread 28-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Revisionism at it’s best. He was worse than Forlan during his first year. If it wasn’t instinctive and he had time to think, he’d miss. And miss badly.
You don’t half talk some shite.

Unread 28-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
How is he so different from Rom ? Both rely on pace & power, neither have a great 1st touch. Unfortunately strikers are rightly judged on goals scored , its their job .
Would get it more if you used Martial as your example , a better footballer then either . If he could only lose that face like a slapped arse look

Morata is not exactly setting the league on fire & he has Hazard supplying him. Same amount of goals Y& same amount of bad misses .
Effectiveness is judged on goals. I'm talking about style and to type of game a team needs to play to optimise him.

And that isn't my style.

I wouldn't say Lukaku is like Rashford at all.

Morata has been injured for several weeks. A much better all round player and easier on the eye than Rom. I'd rather have Morata.

Unread 28-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Billy Redface

Cole missed a few in 1995 but as bad as forlan at first?

Unread 28-12-2017, 05:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Cole missed a few in 1995 but as bad as forlan at first?
Yeah, I genuinely think some only recall the concluding game from that season

Unread 28-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He missed a few high profile and costly ones so they're bound to stick in people's minds.

He actually struggled for goals more in the 1995-96 season. Dropped for Scholes up front by the end , but was slowly improving his all round game. By 1998 he was the whole package.

Lukaku could develop, but I always found Cole a little more determined than Lukaku is now.

Hope I'm wrong because we have a lot invested in big Rom.

Unread 28-12-2017, 06:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Which was a pity because I remember a couple of games before him stealing a game at Coventry with 2 great strikers goals out of nowhere to keep us in the hunt, then being brilliant at home to Southampton in another key win.

Time Breaker volleyball spiking the ball away from a back post cross with 3 mins to go at West Ham. If that had been Liverpool losing a title in those circumstances there would have been questions in Parliament.

Unread 28-12-2017, 06:15 PM
andyroo

He was a time breaker

£#%&!ing cheating @#%&!

Unread 28-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He was a time breaker

f***ing cheating c***
Heart breaker.

No idea how that happened

Unread 28-12-2017, 07:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Which was a pity because I remember a couple of games before him stealing a game at Coventry with 2 great strikers goals out of nowhere to keep us in the hunt, then being brilliant at home to Southampton in another key win.

Time Breaker volleyball spiking the ball away from a back post cross with 3 mins to go at West Ham. If that had been Liverpool losing a title in those circumstances there would have been questions in Parliament.
indeed. remember pointing out that we would not even have been in a position for him to cost us the league if it weren't for him. won the coventry game on his own.

I guess those of us with rose-tinted spectacles about burnley should remember there was a time we struggled against the likes of coventry too.

Unread 28-12-2017, 11:22 PM
Stickman

Always thought Cole's misses in that West Ham game were overplayed. (obviously due to the situation)

hit the target with both, first one was struck very well and second one Miklosko was out so quick it would have taken a superb finish to score....

Unread 29-12-2017, 12:21 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

The great irony of that day being that Liverpool did their job.

Bet they wouldn't in a similar situation now.

Unread 29-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
The great irony of that day being that Liverpool did their job.

Bet they wouldn't in a similar situation now.
They proved they wouldn't in 2010 tbf. Gerrards back pass was just a tad dodgy.

Unread 29-12-2017, 11:38 AM
redhegemony

Lukaku would be a very different proposition if Carrick was 5 years younger and fit.

He's work in progress and will get better - he's shown flashes of good interplay and link up. He's struggling at times as we don't have a defined way of playing - good crosses are sporadic as are good through balls.

Give the lad time - he's not a Ted McDougal or Garry Birtles ffs he's scoring goals.

Unread 29-12-2017, 11:43 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Lukaku would be a very different proposition if Carrick was 5 years younger and fit.

He's work in progress and will get better - he's shown flashes of good interplay and link up. He's struggling at times as we don't have a defined way of playing - good crosses are sporadic as are good through balls.

Give the lad time - he's not a Ted McDougal or Garry Birtles ffs he's scoring goals.
not sure birtles is a standard by which united players should be judged. he certainly looks a lot better with the ball in front of him, facing goal. can pass and dribble (although more sporadically than we cross). but the infrequency of crosses is no excuse for some of his attempts to head the ball. needs a lot more fight in him, too. far too nice.

Unread 29-12-2017, 11:49 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure birtles is a standard by which united players should be judged. he certainly looks a lot better with the ball in front of him, facing goal. can pass and dribble (although more sporadically than we cross). but the infrequency of crosses is no excuse for some of his attempts to head the ball. needs a lot more fight in him, too. far too nice.
Applies to most of them aside from Big Tony, the Gurner and the idiot Rojo.

Unread 29-12-2017, 12:00 PM
MOE1948

I feel we should give him another year if he can create a good relation with Zlat (and I am talking off the pitch) what he could learn would be valuable to his career.

Unread 29-12-2017, 12:12 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

He's obviously not going to be sold, but there has to be a vast improvement in his overall game and attitude.

Comparisons to Cole are ridiculous, Cole's attitude was always A £#%&!ing 1, pure winner and don't even start me on the footballing differences....
Closed Thread