United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2023, 09:19 PM
Danoli

ETH is doing a bad job this season.

He was very good last season, but he’s been poor this season.

To be beaten 0-3 at home by a club like Bournemouth is appalling.

This is yet another game this season where we have been wretched.

Unread 09-12-2023, 09:21 PM
puressence

Has he been sacked yet

Unread 09-12-2023, 10:19 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
ETH is doing a bad job this season.

He was very good last season, but he’s been poor this season.

To be beaten 0-3 at home by a club like Bournemouth is appalling.

This is yet another game this season where we have been wretched.
I agree.

I’m on Erik’s side and really do think we need to stick with him. But some of the repeated mistakes are starting to really worry me.

Our midfield is a £#%&!ing void. If you want The Scottish Player playing this new attacking role then, simply put, you cannot accommodate Fernandes in the team. It gives whichever poor bastard trying to be the deep midfielder far too many holes to plug and then, when the defence is as frail as we know it can be, then you’re just setting them up to fail.

I know he thinks that persisting with this will, in the long run, be correct and the players will eventually get to grips with it. The problem is, we know that if it continues as it is, then we all know that there will be no long run for him to be a part of.

I know he wants us to play fast attacking (winning) football, and I would never want him to change from that ultimate goal. But, with the injuries we’ve had and the general shitshow with the ownership, I honestly think this season needs to be written off. Get pragmatic, make us difficult to play against and get through to next summer. At which point hopefully we’ve a healthier squad, a steadier ship and can almost start afresh next season with some of the squad gaps filled.

That’s about the most optimistic I can be at this point, but we’ve got to be real.

Unread 09-12-2023, 10:45 PM
marlo

so the man who said he wants full control over transfers, brought in his own players who are worse that the ones already at the club
But let’s just manage to get through to the summer with him managing his team and then hopefully he will plug the gaps in the squad that he created by buying the wrong players to plug the gaps that were in the squad before he joined.

Sounds perfect!

All wishful %@#$&!s.

He is not the man we thought he was it doesn’t hurt to admit it.

Unread 10-12-2023, 01:56 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
if this was mourinho everyone would be calling for his head

Bournemouth thrased us at OT.

We’ve scored 18 goals in 16 games.
That’s nearly half the season gone.

But yeah blame sancho and martial
I don't think it's that any more. I think it's that fans are now fed up with the culture at the club. If they'd seen off ETH had he been here instead of Mourinho, I'd now be backing Mourinho over the players.

Or are you okay with players turning up for training late, not trying in matches and the general lack of discipline? They are earning at least %5m a year to be absolute @#%&!s with no respect for the manager or fans.

Unread 10-12-2023, 02:14 AM
jem

Quote:
if this was mourinho everyone would be calling for his head

Bournemouth thrased us at OT.

We’ve scored 18 goals in 16 games.
That’s nearly half the season gone.

But yeah blame sancho and martial
because mourinho is an absolute cancer on football and a total @#%&! who spoils the game.

we were not thrashed. we gave away a stupid goal, then dominated the game and failed to carve out a decent chance due to our own stupidity, before a late collapse. we have been giving teams chances all season. a half-competent team managed to take some. we beat ourselves. thrashed, my arse. ooh, matron.

10h needs to play a midfield and explain to the forwards how to play with each other, but what is the point in sacking him.... or, worse, comparing him to someone we all knew was not suited to be manager of united. ever.

Unread 10-12-2023, 03:49 AM
croady26

The problems at the club are bigger than him,however he and the players are both culpable for this defeat.

Genuinely I don't know who can take over,however the thought of him taking us to Anfield fills me with utter dread

Unread 10-12-2023, 04:03 AM
shenwen

Zero point in getting rid and going through the whole cycle again. Still, he has to be called out. HIs signings have taken us backwards. Mount (?), an unproven young striker, a dodgy keeper and a couple of unwanted loans. You're nit challenging for anything with that lot. Marlo is right to compare with what Liverpool did in the summer with a similar budget. Identified weaknesses and addressed them. We just spent money.

I'd be very wary of him spending in January. I see we are already being linked with another average dutch player in a position we don't need at Dortmund.

Unread 10-12-2023, 06:28 AM
marlo

Quote:
Erik ten Hag says that if he had not been granted "control" over transfers at Manchester United he would not have taken the job.
"If they aren't granted, I won't do it. I am ultimately responsible and accounted for the results. I don't want to be the sole ruler, I stand for cooperation, but control in transfers is a condition for me“
Permanent signings -
Martinez
malacia
Casimero
Anthony
Mount
Onana
Hojlund
eriksen

Loan signings
weghorst
Sabitzer
Amrabat
regiulon

That’s 410m.

Wasted our money and made us worse while falling out with two players better then the players he signed.
Also got rid of a striker who at 37 while both strikers he has signed haven’t even scored 1 league goal as of yet…

It takes a special manager to spend so much and take us backwards.
His signings don’t even fly the flag for him and they are down there with our worse performers and the one that is half decent has been injured longer that he has been fit since joining.

But yeah it’s the ownership holding us back not the man giving full condolences of the playing squad and transfers.

Unread 10-12-2023, 10:29 AM
Finport Red

In his defence, 5 of his 7 outfield purchases are out injured.

Unread 10-12-2023, 10:43 AM
armchair

Yesterday was 100% on him. I thought we were lucky against Chelsea. They had chances and all it takes is a team to string a couple of passes together to beat our high press and they are in on goal.

Even in the games we've won this season, it's only because the opposition didn't convert their chances.

I could take a high, energetic press if we had fast players behind the press to mop up but we don't. We rush forward like children and leave the midfield (1) and defence completely exposed.

Unread 10-12-2023, 10:53 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yesterday was 100% on him. I thought we were lucky against Chelsea. They had chances and all it takes is a team to string a couple of passes together to beat our high press and they are in on goal.

Even in the games we've won this season, it's only because the opposition didn't convert their chances.

I could take a high, energetic press if we had fast players behind the press to mop up but we don't. We rush forward like children and leave the midfield (1) and defence completely exposed.
I said at one nil that Bournemouth looked more likely to score again before we managed it. We give teams chances. It’s all good playing high risk football when you have solid players but when you’re relying on the likes of The Scottish Player to not constantly give the ball away then you’re asking for trouble. Bruno at times is a luxury. Bruno and McT in free roles is suicidal

Unread 10-12-2023, 10:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I said at one nil that Bournemouth looked more likely to score again before we managed it. We give teams chances. It’s all good playing high risk football when you have solid players but when you’re relying on the likes of The Scottish Player to not constantly give the ball away then you’re asking for trouble. Bruno at times is a luxury. Bruno and McT in free roles is suicidal
It was just on in the background at my local and the first half they could have had five barring a post and Maguire and every chance they had came through the same channel.

All you’re asking from a manager is to see what we’re seeing and make the necessary changes when it’s not working. That’s something he fails to do time and time again which is the biggest worry.

Unread 10-12-2023, 11:02 AM
Lok

The tactics aren't working. It's clear as day. So why are we persisting with them? Personnel is obviously a problem but we should be getting so much more out of the players we've got.

We're extremely vulnerable once the press is beaten. Our shape with the ball is awful. Too many players abandon their position and we get caught out the moment we lose the ball. We're constantly conceding the same type of goal.

It wouldn't be so bad if this approach actually got us some goals but it doesn't. Teams know they can sit deep, wait for a stray pass and then hit us quickly in the huge space between midfield and defence.

Why isn't he changing it?

Unread 10-12-2023, 11:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It was just on in the background at my local and the first half they could have had five barring a post and Maguire and every chance they had came through the same channel.

All you’re asking from a manager is to see what we’re seeing and make the necessary changes when it’s not working. That’s something he fails to do time and time again which is the biggest worry.
I'm thinking unless he changes before the Liverpool game it could be trouble. Reminds me of Ole seemingly refusing to play anything but McT and Fred as DMs. Is it stubbornness? Everyone sees Amrabat on his own isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The tactics aren't working. It's clear as day. So why are we persisting with them? Personnel is obviously a problem but we should be getting so much more out of the players we've got.

We're extremely vulnerable once the press is beaten. Our shape with the ball is awful. Too many players abandon their position and we get caught out the moment we lose the ball. We're constantly conceding the same type of goal.

It wouldn't be so bad if this approach actually got us some goals but it doesn't. Teams know they can sit deep, wait for a stray pass and then hit us quickly in the huge space between midfield and defence.

Why isn't he changing it?
No-one is going to convince me that Bournemouth have better players that we do. And yet...

Are they better motivated? Hungrier? Mentally tougher? Or just being managed better?

Unread 10-12-2023, 12:22 PM
tatty

If ETH is to be replaced the best solution for us would be taking wholesale the management and executive team of a smaller well run club.

We keep chasing top level players who clearly don’t want to play for us, or are at the end of their careers, or just want the payday.

It’s like one of us going to work somewhere that we detested and only stayed for the money…what sort of effort level are you going to give?

Unread 10-12-2023, 12:32 PM
larry

i know a couple of guys running a local cornershop
maybe they could take over as ceo / coo at amazon or apple?

Unread 10-12-2023, 12:34 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
i know a couple of guys running a local cornershop
maybe they could take over as ceo / coo at amazon or apple?
I see your analogy but would respectfully suggest United are more Blockbuster/Woolworths.

Unread 10-12-2023, 01:15 PM
puressence

Quote:
Permanent signings -
Martinez
malacia
Casimero
Anthony
Mount
Onana
Hojlund
eriksen

Loan signings
weghorst
Sabitzer
Amrabat
regiulon

That’s 410m.

Wasted our money and made us worse while falling out with two players better then the players he signed.
Also got rid of a striker who at 37 while both strikers he has signed haven’t even scored 1 league goal as of yet…

It takes a special manager to spend so much and take us backwards.
His signings don’t even fly the flag for him and they are down there with our worse performers and the one that is half decent has been injured longer that he has been fit since joining.

But yeah it’s the ownership holding us back not the man giving full condolences of the playing squad and transfers.
He didn’t get rid of 37 year old and Sancho is not as good as what we have .. sometimes you talk sense sometimes you completely talk %@#$&!s in depends which marlo has the log in.

Unread 10-12-2023, 01:56 PM
hopkins

wait until sir dave come in and saves the day with ice vests in the warm up, skintight kits and taking special pillows to hotels

and inhalers
Closed Thread