United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Sparky***

Cool Juan Mata - most under rated footballer out there?

Absolutely love this little genius

Unread 21-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Stickman

hugely underrated.

Out of our squad hes the player id want the chance to fall to in stoppage time in a game that's deadlocked. And yes i'm aware he's had a couple howlers of late....

Unread 21-02-2017, 01:06 AM
waynes ear's

Shocked he didnt say overrated tbh

Unread 21-02-2017, 01:42 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Wait until Dunk sees this!

Unread 21-02-2017, 07:42 AM
TheFatGoth

Has he ever played a full 90 minutes in the league?

Unread 21-02-2017, 07:54 AM
Billy Redface

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:38 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Has he ever played a full 90 minutes in the league?
has timmeh?

mourinho is a dick. that's the point of the thread, no?

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:39 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
has timmeh?

Jesus you're a boring @#%&!.

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:41 AM
sa7

What's obvious from the video is, not only is he a classy little £#%&!er, but he has that striker's knack of being in the right place when the ball is pinpointing about the penalty area.

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:45 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
has timmeh?

Attention seeking carpet bombing I must make every thread about my opinion.

Anyway Mata - a diamond that doesn't always sparkle. But a diamond nonetheless

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Attention seeking carpet bombing I must make every thread about my opinion.

Anyway Mata - a diamond that doesn't always sparkle. But a diamond nonetheless
er.... whether mata is underrated is a matter of opinion.

most on here value his contribution.

the point was made that mourinho keeps subbing him. it is reasonable to point out that mourinho has a problem playing him for 90 minutes.

it is nothing to do with attention seeking. maybe try sticking to the topic under discussion, eh? draggers can £#%&! off, too.

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:49 AM
Stickman

His technique is absolutely brilliant when it comes to striking at goal a ball coming to him at pace. The majority balloon those.

Unread 21-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Switching Off

Adore him. Proper matchwinner.

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Sizlack

He always seems to get IMPORTANT goals, first goals or winners. He has that knack.

The term footballer was made for lads like Juan, hes sublime at times

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Billy Redface

Not without his flaws, but a lovely little player and a jolly nice chap to boot.

The best finisher at the club too.

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:04 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
er.... whether mata is underrated is a matter of opinion.

most on here value his contribution.

the point was made that mourinho keeps subbing him. it is reasonable to point out that mourinho has a problem playing him for 90 minutes.

it is nothing to do with attention seeking. maybe try sticking to the topic under discussion, eh? draggers can £#%&! off, too.
Well perhaps stop trying to red top shock headline everything you write and people like me might not misinterpret your points all the time. You claim mourinho's a dick on a daily basis and I find it really really boring. Your issue here is mata being subbed - fair enough - how you expect people to get to that point after your attention seeking headline is anyone's guess.

I'll help you, they can't. Ergo You're attention seeking.

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Billy Redface

He subs him because he plays in the most saturated position in the squad. He also subs Martial, Rashford, mkihi and Lingard a lot too.

I love that people are still clinging to this notion that mourinho doesn't rate him based on selling him for a completely different club three years ago, rather than what's actually happening now.....which is his regular contribution to our season.

Every time he goes off: oooh, he doesn't like him! If he didn't like him, he'd have been sold and wouldn't be playing.

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:25 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Well perhaps stop trying to red top shock headline everything you write and people like me might not misinterpret your points all the time. You claim mourinho's a dick on a daily basis and I find it really really boring. Your issue here is mata being subbed - fair enough - how you expect people to get to that point after your attention seeking headline is anyone's guess.

I'll help you, they can't. Ergo You're attention seeking.
there are only two people who underrate mata. mourinho and dunk. so sparky is having a go at one of them (at least) for being a dick. and you say you misunderstand my posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He subs him because he plays in the most saturated position in the squad. He also subs Martial, Rashford, mkihi and Lingard a lot too.

I love that people are still clinging to this notion that mourinho doesn't rate him based on selling him for a completely different club three years ago, rather than what's actually happening now.....which is his regular contribution to our season.

Every time he goes off: oooh, he doesn't like him! If he didn't like him, he'd have been sold and wouldn't be playing.
that's simplistic. he subs mata irrespective of how he and others are playing.

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there are only two people who underrate mata. mourinho and dunk. so sparky is having a go at one of them (at least) for being a dick. and you say you misunderstand my posts?

that's simplistic. he subs mata irrespective of how he and others are playing.
And that's objective. How many times have people complained at the premature subbing of the likes of Martial or Rashford.

He's entitled to take him off too. It doesn't mean he doesn't rate him.

If he didn't rare him, he wouldn't be playing.

The facts are only three players - Zlatan, Herrera and Pogba - have started more games this season. Nobody in Mata's position has started more games than him.

But yeah, José hates him because he utilises substitutes

Unread 21-02-2017, 09:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I think his issue with Mata at Chelsea was that he had Hazard and he felt that the best balance was more industrious attacking players like Willian and Oscar. He knew he'd have to work extremely hard to get Hazard tracking back etc so Mata was a luxury.

I don't think Mata is underrated. He's never going to be an undisputed starter. He came close to that last year due to lack of options, but now I think he'll always take those spells out the side. Especially in big away games, as he did this season.

Remains to be seen whether he's a long-termer under Mourinho. Any Griezmann arrival would appear damaging.
Closed Thread