United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2007, 10:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So who's looking forward to the 6 Nations then?

Interesting tournament this year with the Oirish favourites and 4 unpredicatble wild-cards behind. It's as open a Chamionship as I can remember, just can't predict a winner.
Wales need to get off toa good start on Sunday to do will, which they can do, though I'm rather worried about all the injuries in the backs.
The Oirish as I said are favourites but a coupla chinks were exposed in the recent defeats of Munster, Ulster and Leinster. I'd be particularly worried by the hammering the Leicester pack gave Munsters, particularly considering Munster will have a big part of the Irish pack.
Can't really predict how England will go with the new coach,his style probbly doesn't suit his players but you cannot write them off.
As usual the French are the most unpredictable of the lot, they really are Jeckyl and Hyde. If they turn up theyshould win it with their powerful pack and backline runners. Course they often don't turn up and have a rael problem at 10
The Jocks, well they seem confident and improved last year to some extent, still their regional sides suggest they'll struggle and I expect them to do so.
Italy? Nah.

Old 29-01-2007, 11:03 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Interesting tournament this year with the Oirish favourites and 4 unpredicatble wild-cards behind. It's as open a Chamionship as I can remember, just can't predict a winner.
Wales need to get off toa good start on Sunday to do will, which they can do, though I'm rather worried about all the injuries in the backs.
The Oirish as I said are favourites but a coupla chinks were exposed in the recent defeats of Munster, Ulster and Leinster. I'd be particularly worried by the hammering the Leicester pack gave Munsters, particularly considering Munster will have a big part of the Irish pack.
Can't really predict how England will go with the new coach,his style probbly doesn't suit his players but you cannot write them off.
As usual the French are the most unpredictable of the lot, they really are Jeckyl and Hyde. If they turn up theyshould win it with their powerful pack and backline runners. Course they often don't turn up and have a rael problem at 10
The Jocks, well they seem confident and improved last year to some extent, still their regional sides suggest they'll struggle and I expect them to do so.
Italy? Nah.
i'd rather watch england getting hammered at cricket than watch the egg chasers. nft.

Old 29-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Qwertyuiop

I'm not looking forward to the 6 Nations.

Old 29-01-2007, 11:07 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Italy? Nah.
I didn't know china was a major power in rugby.

Anyway, i can't predict a winner, but England could do well, i reckon. Ireland slight favourites.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:04 PM
thatsfuctit

Will be interesting, hope they give Farrell a chance.

More looking forward to the new super league season.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Will be interesting, hope they give Farrell a chance.

Me too, anything that's gonna f*** England up is fine by me.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:12 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Me too, anything that's gonna f*** England up is fine by me.
harsh.. apparently he's been in good form and anything is a worth a try at this point.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Sparky***

Somebody called Rupert who lives in Richmond-upon-thames.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
harsh.. apparently he's been in good form and anything is a worth a try at this point.
He'll get exploited imo. He was a fantastic player in League but for me his game doesn't translate well for Union and I think he's rather slow for IC. He mayhave been playing well but he hasn't playedmuch and it'sa big step up.

Old 29-01-2007, 12:20 PM
elhombre

Quote:
He'll get exploited imo. He was a fantastic player in League but for me his game doesn't translate well for Union and I think he's rather slow for IC. He mayhave been playing well but he hasn't playedmuch and it'sa big step up.
came into rugby onion far too late in his career and his injuries have done him in, too... we'll see how he does, i can't seem him doing too badly, at least in the 6 nations...
Closed Thread