United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wtf !!!!
2 Scouse mates both said:

"Deffo a penalty" but then both admitted they'd be raging if it was given against them.

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Just been having an argument with a mate about it. Definitely not a pen, but AWB shouldn't have given the ref an option. Tit.

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:26 PM
Dacter

SkySports now have a Best of Comms Cam for Neville and Carragher, so now you don’t just have to listen to the lads’ hilarious banter, you can even watch it as well.

£#%&!ing hell.

What next, Micah Richards playing “What’s The Time Mr Wolf” with Roy Keane?

Shambolic.

Unread 07-04-2024, 08:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is he admitting Arsenal are a better side than his?

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
If AWB had touched the ball then I think it’s probs not a pen. That fact that he doesn’t but then effectively impedes spaghetti head means it is one.

Also not one United player complained that it wasn’t.
Should have been a pen and red card simply for being the world's stupidest moron. There was no need to dive in at all, he just had to stay on his feet. He's an absolute cretin.

Of course we all know we'd never have got that pen in a billion years, though.

Unread 07-04-2024, 09:46 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Should have been a pen and red card simply for being the world's stupidest moron. There was no need to dive in at all, he just had to stay on his feet. He's an absolute cretin.

Of course we all know we'd never have got that pen in a billion years, though.
Yep - both spot on.

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:11 PM
croady26

Why did AWB go to ground in that situation,he needed to just stay on his feet. Then Elliot doesn't go over and initiate contact to get the penalty

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:21 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Why did AWB go to ground in that situation,he needed to just stay on his feet. Then Elliot doesn't go over and initiate contact to get the penalty
I can’t say for certain, and I’m not sure anyone can, but I think it’s because he’s thick as whale soup.

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
because he goes to ground all the time. He's an idiot. It's what reactive defenders have to do because they're constantly chasing and stretching after people rather than reading the game.

Casemiro goes to ground loads as well but mainly because he can't be arsed chasing after people any more.

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:25 PM
armchair

He's a super defender but made a big mistake. I forgive him.

Unread 07-04-2024, 10:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's a super defender but made a big mistake. I forgive him.
He’s not super, but he’s one of those who have improved under ETH and, to give him his due, he was playing out of position.

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:05 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I can’t say for certain, and I’m not sure anyone can, but I think it’s because he’s thick as whale soup.

Unread 08-04-2024, 12:09 AM
jem

to be fair to wan b, if elliott hadn't passed, it would have been a great tackle/block.

as it was, he didn't bring elliott down. it was almost piresesque. a blatant dive under no actual challenge.

Unread 08-04-2024, 06:00 AM
shenwen

Our midfield

Quote:
The referee Anthony Taylor made as many interceptions in the game (two) as United’s central midfield trio between them.

Unread 08-04-2024, 07:17 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
to be fair to wan b, if elliott hadn't passed, it would have been a great tackle/block.

as it was, he didn't bring elliott down. it was almost piresesque. a blatant dive under no actual challenge.
no actual challenge?!

you're £#%&!ing tapped mate.

this place is like Stalinist Russia! it is possible that we sometimes commit fouls...

Unread 08-04-2024, 07:21 AM
magic_cantona

I was absolutely stunned Casemiro didn't get a red right at the end tbh. Looked like he'd gone totally over the top and looked like.he assumed a red was coming. That last minute or so, we tried our best to hand them a win. It's like self sabotage at times.

Unread 08-04-2024, 07:55 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
no actual challenge?!

you're £#%&!ing tapped mate.

this place is like Stalinist Russia! it is possible that we sometimes commit fouls...
yes. casemiro should have had a red card. wan b did not bring elliott down; he dived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Our midfield
I know. "trio"? wtf?

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:52 AM
AK14

I’ve only watched Liverpool on four occasions this season (us x 3 and away v Newcastle) and every time they’ve been shit.

I’ve read they’ve been like it for many more games too and have actually had a lot of very favourable calls in games?

Unread 08-04-2024, 08:55 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’ve only watched Liverpool on four occasions this season (us x 3 and away v Newcastle) and every time they’ve been shit.

I’ve read they’ve been like it for many more games too and have actually had a lot of very favourable calls in games?
Look at their players, they're nothing special. Only Salah is truly top class. Van Dijk is all right I suppose (but over the hill). The rest are dross

Unread 08-04-2024, 09:15 AM
pc6090

We can argue all day about whether it “was” a penalty or not (it was btw) but he gave the officials a decision to make and we all know what happens in that scene