United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-04-2015, 03:29 AM
Luffy

Um...what's with all the cavani hate?

Granted since he moved to psg and got treated like shit cos they decided to play 433 and zlatan was immovable up top he's lost a lot of steam, but before that he was arguably the most complete striker in the world and was up there with falcao for best centre forward in the game.

I don't know if he can recover from playing as a winger for two years, or whether he can recreate his Napoli form at a bigger club, but he has all the attributes to be the best striker in the country, on paper a much better prospect than a Diego Costa.

He's much faster and more mobile than falcao/rvp and probably Rooney too. He's skilful, good dribbler, strong, aggressive, good in the air, good finisher, lethal from range. Superb work rate and passionate as £#%&!, where falcao can look a bit timid, this guy is a beast. He will suit the high pressing game perfectly cos he can run all game and chases everything. Falcao has looked like a slow version of Hernandez this season, swapping him or rvp with a cavani would be pretty immense tbh.

Wouldn't blow £50m on him as I'd rather blow that on a midfielder/defender. But if we did buy him I'd expect him to suit the league and do very well.

Also he doesn't fancy Spain so once he's here and banging them in he won't give a £#%&! about Madrid/barca.

This post is too positive so gotta tone it down by saying he's been shit in France, as was falcao, but he's been on the wing and at least not £#%&!ed up his knees.

Unread 12-04-2015, 09:57 AM
jayalexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Um...what's with all the cavani hate?
Some United fans are spoilt. Thats what.

Imagine going around acting like you hate the thought of CAVANI coming to your club... :shakehead:

I'd easily have Cavani over Dybala, Ings and all these other midtable strikers everyone seems to wet themselves over. They might be wonderkids in Football Manager but they ain't United quality. Good enough for Spurs and the like.

Unread 12-04-2015, 10:07 AM
dunk

Ageing South American centre forward who's career stalled in France available for a shit ton of money... I've heard this story before and no thanks.

Unread 12-04-2015, 10:45 AM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ageing South American centre forward who's career stalled in France available for a shit ton of money... I've heard this story before and no thanks.
Hardly ageing and looks tons better this season. Not got the injury issues of Falcao

Unread 12-04-2015, 10:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Hardly ageing and looks tons better this season. Not got the injury issues of Falcao
27/28, not scored in about 3 months

Young, hungry players please.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayalexander
Would have him here but theres no point when Rooney will never be dropped. Guys like Cavani, Falcao and Van Persie thrive on service. If you have guys like Rooney and Fellaini behind them in the CAM role, they're not gonna perform. Simple as that. You sign these guys and force them to play alongside Rooney, when their entire reputations were built on playing up front ALONE.

If Rooney's not up top, he's taking Mata's number 10 role. If he's not gonna be dropped when he's playing bad, then save the money and splash it on a few defenders. We need top quality CB's next summer. Smalling, Evans and Jones all need to go. I'd much rather he spent 70 million on say, Pique and Hummels than buy another striker.
Every one of your posts stink of someone who plays Football Manager and saves it after every game they win.

If you really feel the need to type this shit out just open a word document, type away, print it out and then shove it up your ring.

You are the worst.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:05 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Every one of your posts stink of someone who plays Football Manager and saves it after every game they win.

If you really feel the need to type this shit out just open a word document, type away, print it out and then shove it up your ring.

You are the worst.
Yep. An utter £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:

Not ageing that dunk. Scored 2 yesterday.

I'm not exactly a fan nor at that price but he wouldn't have a Falcao. V different

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Not ageing that dunk. Scored 2 yesterday.

I'm not exactly a fan nor at that price but he wouldn't have a Falcao. V different
Before yesterday hadn't scored for about 3 months

RvP, di Maria, Falcao etc. All the type of signings United shouldn't be making, Cavani falls in with them for me. Spend £50m and £250k a week on him and find ourselves looking to replace him inside 2/3 years as we are with RvP, with zero potential sell on value, and would be with Falcao had we been stupid enough to buy him. 1 injury and he's £#%&!ed. Aim for early to mid 20's players with it all to prove imo.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:48 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell fire. I agree with dunk.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
£#%&!ing hell fire. I agree with dunk.
Most people do when they think about it tbf

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:53 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:

Most people do when they think about it tbf

Think it's twice this year.

Unread 12-04-2015, 11:55 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Think it's twice this year.
I'm clearly on a roll

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:08 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Big fan of Cavani, tbh.

It's a shame his career has derailed on account of being shunted to supporting cast at both club and international level by Zlatan and Suarez, but as the main man I think he's a brilliant striker who could play in any team. Perhaps not the right age, though.

I think we'll look at a younger option, such as Dybala, Martial etc

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Big fan of Cavani, tbh.

It's a shame his career has derailed on account of being shunted to supporting cast at both club and international level by Zlatan and Suarez, but as the main man I think he's a brilliant striker who could play in any team. Perhaps not the right age, though.

I think we'll look at a younger option, such as Dybala, Martial etc
Subtle saging there

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:20 PM
taff

Thumbs down

i have a theory that long-haired strikers are decent abroad but £#%&!ing toss when they come here. so no thanks.

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Subtle saging there
Nearly added Enes Ünal to the etc tbh

Unread 12-04-2015, 12:59 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Before yesterday hadn't scored for about 3 months

RvP, di Maria, Falcao etc. All the type of signings United shouldn't be making, Cavani falls in with them for me. Spend £50m and £250k a week on him and find ourselves looking to replace him inside 2/3 years as we are with RvP, with zero potential sell on value, and would be with Falcao had we been stupid enough to buy him. 1 injury and he's £#%&!ed. Aim for early to mid 20's players with it all to prove imo.
Good point but we've never been a club to care about sell on value, always sell players for peanuts once we're done.

Cavani is the same age as suarez and the difference he makes to a team is well worth it for 4-5 years. Benzema is same age. He's not my first choice but he'd end up being up there with aguero as best striker in the league.

Lacazette would probably be my first choice. Him and Depay would be scintillating and as you say have more long term appeal.

Unread 12-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Coracao

Cavani is a fantastic striker and would score for fun in England, but we should be looking longer term IMO. Huge outlay for a 28 year old.
Closed Thread