bruntyboy

Default Is that the end for Beckham?

99 and out.

Unread 21-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Kim Jong-il

England player manager

Unread 21-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Fatboy Shrek

If England get a proper manager it will be.

Unread 21-11-2007, 10:55 PM
believe

you mean the only chance england had of winning tonight??? tbh i iwsh he woul just £#%&! off with whatever dignity he has left but i can see at least another 3-4 years of england contention and a possible retrun to the premiership.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:10 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
His La Liga winners medal from last season would suggest otherwise.
and maybe his part in englands brief revival.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:12 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
If England get a proper manager it will be.
Shearer.

nft.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Ed Sullivan

He deserves his 100 caps.

Great player and always gives 100%.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:48 PM
legendary saf

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan

Agreed.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Agreed.
I have to confess I'm suprised

Your team got through I see, so you've got something to look forward to next summer

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Agree.

Hate the Beckham hating. It's of Ince proportion.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:54 PM
shyteds

He looked the only PLAYER for England. The rest are a bunch of chancers (SP???). How many of that team tonight would you pay to see in a United shirt?

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
He looked the only PLAYER for England. The rest are a bunch of chancers (SP???). How many of that team tonight would you pay to see in a United shirt?

Zero.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Becks is finished as a footballer, he's nothing more than circus act in the usa now. He was worth keeping around just as a feeder for crouch in a desperate situation but other than that he should be nowhere near the starting 11.

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:57 PM
bruntyboy

Quote:

Shall we play Lineker next time to see if he can equal Charlton's record?

Unread 21-11-2007, 11:58 PM
Ed Sullivan

I feel for him, yeah you could argue 'he'll be fine with his 80 million pound contract' but comparatively speaking, as far as the top football earners go - he's a good lad.

This is reinforced by the fact I met his Dad once and it really showed me what a humble and down to earth family they are. My old man approached him at a hotel for a signature and he was charming. He's the only England player (bar United) who I still enjoy watching in an England shirt.

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Becks is finished as a footballer, he's nothing more than circus act in the usa now. He was worth keeping around just as a feeder for crouch in a desperate situation but other than that he should be nowhere near the starting 11.
Did you not see him tonight? He was one of our best players (in a poor side), completely vital from dead balls and crosses...he's been doing it for years and still people have a pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
Shall we play Lineker next time to see if he can equal Charlton's record?
How is that relevant? Beckham can still play football.

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:10 AM
bruntyboy

Quote:
I feel for him, yeah you could argue 'he'll be fine with his 80 million pound contract' but comparatively speaking, as far as the top football earners go - he's a good lad.

This is reinforced by the fact I met his Dad once and it really showed me what a humble and down to earth family they are. My old man approached him at a hotel for a signature and he was charming. He's the only England player (bar United) who I still enjoy watching in an England shirt.
At least he got his signature and not one his mum and sister used to churn out in the Chester Court.

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Ashley's Grime

Beckham can £#%&! off.

Unread 22-11-2007, 12:14 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
At least he got his signature and not one his mum and sister used to churn out in the Chester Court.
Ooooh, you just have to hate him for that eh?

£#%&!ing grow up.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:52 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Did you not see him tonight? He was one of our best players (in a poor side), completely vital from dead balls and crosses...he's been doing it for years and still people have a pop.

How is that relevant? Beckham can still play football.
Beckham is a joke though for going over the MLS. he was a good footballer, but the quality of game in the MLS is nothing like top flight football and therefore over the next couple of years his level of play will go down while his age will go up. It's inevitable; he's finished.

If he must stick around, he should be sitting on the bench ready to launch long balls into crouch in the last 10 mins of a game we need to win. Other than that he has no place in the England team anymore.

Lets not hold onto players from the past, we have a world cup to think about, the one thing being out of the euros gives us is an opportunity to get our house in order in time for the world cup. We now have a bit of extra time to plan for the future. First step - kick McLaren out.

Becks makes teams play a certain way, his long balls can be effective and sure his free kicks can be fantastic but the reason united got rid of him was because the style of football his presence generates is very limited. It's limited to long balls, it's limited to him being the center of attention and it takes away from the greater good of a team that wants to play good football from more than one angle. A team with becks is a predictable team. Travelling back and forth across the atlantic is not going to work. His last chance was this euro campaign, now that thats finished he can forget england and go back to the usa where he can continue to be the circus novelty act.
Closed Thread