United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2015, 11:56 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
When was the last time Rooney put a performance in at Anfield?

When's the last time he played right up top at Anfield and not wide or in a deeper role?

Unread 16-03-2015, 11:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he picks the team.

more often than not, he picks di maria over mata.

mata probably only played because di maria was suspended - it's not even "dropping" him.

what sort of answer are you expecting?

don't think I'd pick either of them, but there is a good chance lvg will pick di maria over mata.
A sensible one tbh.

Mata and Herrera kept the ball wonderfully yesterday - just what we need at Anfield. I'm a Deemers fan but his form is poor and dropping him into a game of the stature and pressure of next week, at Anfield, wouldn't be right when someone has performed poorly on his last few outings. Mata chased back, got forward, used the ball etc and showed what a player he is. The team works better with him in it.

Why risk putting Di Maria back in? It'd be absolutely stupid. We could pass around those @#%&!s with that team yesterday. The pressure is on them so we dont need someone who's out of form and isn't showing the right attitude at the minute.

He'll come good, Di Maria, but not next week.

Unread 16-03-2015, 12:03 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
When's the last time he played right up top at Anfield and not wide or in a deeper role?
Just checked and he's not actually started a game at Anfield since 2011.

Unread 16-03-2015, 12:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Just checked and he's not actually started a game at Anfield since 2011.
we've been over this before anyway.
Some our most iconic (recent) players have all been a damp squib at Anfield - Cantona, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney have one goal between them there.

During that time our Anfield heroes have been the likes of Pallister, O'Shea, Forlan, Rafael etc..

It's just the way the game tends to pan out over there.
Andy Cole had a decent return tbf

Unread 16-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Anyone who says to start di maria or falcao should be shot.

Unread 16-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Marvel7

It's a tough one for Van Gaal, best performance of the season against spurs so the right thing to do is leave the team, but if Jones has a jones then he should have started Rojo, Sterling terrorises Blind then he should have started Shaw, Young becomes the Young we all love to hate and he should have started Di Maria, Mata gets isolated and ineffective on the right and he should have started Di Maria, Fellaini fails to be a pest and he should have started Falcao.

Personally I think the team that played yesterday deserves to play at an field, but I can understand why if he changes it.

Unread 16-03-2015, 01:48 PM
utd99

Same team. No one deserves to be dropped*, and you need to send a message that performances are rewarded.

*possibly Rojo for Jones. Stupid @#%&! almost had us one nil down after three minutes, and for giving it the big 'un when Magic was overly familiar.

Unread 16-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Cantona, Ruud, Ronaldo, Rooney have one goal between them there.
Ronaldo has 1 goal in 1 game there for Real Madrid. And 1 goal in 1 game for them at OT as well btw.

Unread 17-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Marvel7

Have a feeling

De Gea

Smalling Jones Rojo

Valencia Carrick Blind Young

Herrera or Mata

Fellaini

Rooney

Unread 17-03-2015, 08:44 AM
S/Side.Red

If it was at Old Trafford I'd bring Di Maria in, but he's bound to bottle it at Anfield isn't he? Would love to be wrong.

..........................De Gea.......................
Rafael.....Smalling...Rojo.......Shaw
...................Carrick....Blind............... ..
........Valencia.....Herrera.....Mata.....
.........................Rooney................... ...

Wouldn't dream of playing Fellaini at Anfield, tbh.

Unread 17-03-2015, 08:57 AM
My Name is Keith

I'd play di Maria against villa at home where we can can perhaps afford to lose possession every time he gets the ball and get away with it.

Can see him setting up very defensively against Liverpool and playing for the draw. Can see it being a draw too which I'd be happy with. Fellaini will start nqat.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I'd play di Maria against villa at home where we can can perhaps afford to lose possession every time he gets the ball and get away with it.

Can him setting up very defensively against Liverpool and playing for the draw. Can see it being a draw too which I'd be happy with. Fellaini will start nqat.
Almost certainly will. But you know what it's like in these horrible early kick-offs at Anfield. Tight, compact games with few chances, crowd on top of the players and every little detail counts. I just see far too many loose touches and fouls from the big man.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:02 AM
macawber

FFS still people on here putting Blind in midfield .... just go to a game please, watch what actually happens.
I am still astounded every day by how £#%&!ing thick some of our supposed supporters are but not shocked any more by how little they actually know about football.

Everything learnt from Sky and other TV channels. Give me strength.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:06 AM
jem

fellaini and young will play.

skrtel might get sent off, but I can't think of any other reason to play fellaini.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:09 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Almost certainly will. But you know what it's like in these horrible early kick-offs at Anfield. Tight, compact games with few chances, crowd on top of the players and every little detail counts. I just see far too many loose touches and fouls from the big man.
Can see him being a target for the scouse crowd tbh which won't help him either. Red carded for a second yellow on 56 minutes type scenario. Saying that, he played as well as he's ever done since joining us on Sunday and louis seems to have really taken to the big lummox.

£#%&!ing big big game on Sunday.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:11 AM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawber
I am still astounded every day by how £#%&!ing thick some of our supposed supporters are but not shocked any more by how little they actually know about football.
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...6&postcount=63

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Shooter McGavin

DDG

Valencia
Smalling
Rojo
Blind

Carrick
Herrera
Fellaini

Mata
Rooney
Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by macawber
FFS still people on here putting Blind in midfield .... just go to a game please, watch what actually happens.

Everything learnt from Sky and other TV channels. Give me strength.
Go on what happens. I go every week so wonder what you see that the Dutch players and pundits didn't and what LVG is missing

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:41 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Fellaini will definitely play btw. And so he should based on Sundays game. We've also been a bit of a soft touch in recent times at their place, I'm no fan of him- but I think he's worth his place there on Sunday. They've also been £#%&!ing shite from set pieces/corners etc and he'll cause them trouble.

Same side as Sunday, with Rojo coming in for Jones, only due to the fact he's played more with Smalling and they've looked alright together.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:49 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Fellaini will definitely play btw. And so he should based on Sundays game. We've also been a bit of a soft touch in recent times at their place, I'm no fan of him- but I think he's worth his place there on Sunday. They've also been £#%&!ing shite from set pieces/corners etc and he'll cause them trouble.

Same side as Sunday, with Rojo coming in for Jones, only due to the fact he's played more with Smalling and they've looked alright together.

Totally agree with Fellaini - he has been a handfull for most teams of late and has played well. Same goes for Young. I can't see Fellaini being here past next season but in the mean time, he offers strength and a different option - and you can tell he's making an effort for his place. Fair play to him.

And the 'Shaw is slow' stuff - he chased down 'The Ox' even when he wasn't fit ffs Shaw, when fit, is very quick.

Unread 17-03-2015, 09:53 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Totally agree with Fellaini - he has been a handfull for most teams of late and has played well. Same goes for Young. I can't see Fellaini being here past next season but in the mean time, he offers strength and a different option - and you can tell he's making an effort for his place. Fair play to him.

And the 'Shaw is slow' stuff - he chased down 'The Ox' even when he wasn't fit ffs Shaw, when fit, is very quick.
What thunder@#%&! said Shaw was slow ffs?
Closed Thread