United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Neo

Exclamation Saido Berahino Officially For Sale

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premi...ion/ar-AA90X7k

Looks like Big Louis has been given the green light by Albion to proceed with a deal this summer. Surely we'll make this one happen as soon as possible. It's a no-brainer.

Lots of talk about the defence, but IMO it's the attack that needs an overhaul this summer. Get rid of Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao, and build a fluid attack with dynamic players with pace. Berahino and Wilson, ffs.

Hopefully we'll be keeping close tabs on at Lazio, too. Reunite him with Pogba at Old Trafford and we'll have practically undone all of the Fergie/Moyes shit@#%&!ery.

Unread 06-02-2015, 02:07 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premi...ion/ar-AA90X7k

Looks like Big Louis has been given the green light by Albion to proceed with a deal this summer. Surely we'll make this one happen as soon as possible. It's a no-brainer.

Lots of talk about the defence, but IMO it's the attack that needs an overhaul this summer. Get rid of Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao, and build a fluid attack with dynamic players with pace. Berahino and Wilson, ffs.

Hopefully we'll be keeping close tabs on at Lazio, too. Reunite him with Pogba at Old Trafford and we'll have practically undone all of the Fergie/Moyes shit@#%&!ery.
I see what you did there.

Unread 06-02-2015, 08:14 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I see what you did there.
So do I. If by that you mean suggesting selling Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao and replacing them with Saido Berahinho, anyway.

Unread 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Cream

Good idea, Neo. Pair him up with Balotelli?

Proper bad boy 11.

Pardew as manager assisted by (full beard) Keane.

Unread 06-02-2015, 09:07 AM
ChairmanMao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
So do I. If by that you mean suggesting selling Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao and replacing them with Saido Berahinho, anyway.
It's a no brainer.

Unread 06-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

Unread 06-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Szekely

Not much wrong with what he's said

drinking and driving is cool too.

seems alright to me

Unread 06-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Ginners

At a higher level than wilson but has a questionable attitude

Unread 06-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Jethro

Has vermin written all over him

Unread 06-02-2015, 10:22 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szekely
Not much wrong with what he's said

drinking and driving is cool too.

seems alright to me
If it works for Clark Carlisle

Unread 06-02-2015, 10:25 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If it works for Clark Carlisle
He's a better driver than pedestrian anyway

Unread 06-02-2015, 11:19 AM
S/Side.Red

He does look quite good, but hopefully next year is Wilson's year. Flanked by Bale/Depay/Reus etc.

Agree about moving Falcao on. The Perse can stay if he's okay being a squaddie. Otherwise the brilliant bastard can £#%&! off, too.

Unread 06-02-2015, 12:56 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He does look quite good, but hopefully next year is Wilson's year. Flanked by Bale/Depay/Reus etc.

Agree about moving Falcao on. The Perse can stay if he's okay being a squaddie. Otherwise the brilliant bastard can £#%&! off, too.
I'm still £#%&!ing staggered at even the thought of people saying this tbh. Imagine last year saying we'd have Falcao in our side and not being sure whether we should keep him or not

I agree btw. He needs to improve/sharpen up these next few months if he's to justify another £44m quid...

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm still £#%&!ing staggered at even the thought of people saying this tbh. Imagine last year saying we'd have Falcao in our side and not being sure whether we should keep him or not

I agree btw. He needs to improve/sharpen up these next few months if he's to justify another £44m quid...
Tbf I doubt we'd have to pay that, purely on the basis that nobody will pay £44m for him and he won't want to stay at Monaco.

Apparently he was prepared to go to Monaco for a year while Mendes got him a big move. Wouldn't surprise me if he's loaned again.

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Neo

Quote:

I'd keep him if we sold Rooney and Van Persie. I want United to play a one centre-forward system, with the centre-forward flanked by dynamic wide players with pace and attacking flair. This is also the type of system that Van Gaal has built some of his best sides with.

It's also why I think we would benefit with players like Wilson and Berahino - young (English) players with pace, who can play across the front three. So much better than the one-dimensional, cumbersome style of our current three senior strikers, one of which is arsing about in midfield.

We need the speed and wide play back in our game, and I think Van Gaal will build towards that now he's got some of the defensive foundation in place. Will be very interesting to see how he plans to use Di Maria in the long-run.

My ideal system would be something like:

Back Five

Blind
Herrera ------- Di Maria

Bale ------- Wilson ------- Januzaj

Obviously Bale is a huge ask, but we could buy a similar player with electric pace and the ability to come inside and score goals. Reus or Pedro would be great for us.

Players like Falcao, Van Persie and Rooney can only play in one position in that system, and that is the centre-forward. It's ridiculous having all three, and causes imbalance in the squad and team.

A player like Berahino (like Wilson) can play all across that front-three. It gives us so much more options, and makes us far more threatening tactically. Lots of talk about the centre-backs this season, but I personally think we need to prioritise buying a proper right-back, and a wide attacker.

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Ginners

wilson and januzaj in the starting 11

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I'd keep him if we sold Rooney and Van Persie. I want United to play a one centre-forward system, with the centre-forward flanked by dynamic wide players with pace and attacking flair. This is also the type of system that Van Gaal has built some of his best sides with.

It's also why I think we would benefit with players like Wilson and Berahino - young (English) players with pace, who can play across the front three. So much better than the one-dimensional, cumbersome style of our current three senior strikers, one of which is arsing about in midfield.

We need the speed and wide play back in our game, and I think Van Gaal will build towards that now he's got some of the defensive foundation in place. Will be very interesting to see how he plans to use Di Maria in the long-run.

My ideal system would be something like:

Back Five

Blind
Herrera ------- Di Maria

Bale ---- Wilson ---- Januzaj

Obviously Bale is a huge ask, but we could buy a similar player with electric pace and the ability to come inside and score goals. Reus and Pedro would be great for us.

Players like Falcao, Van Persie and Rooney can only play in one position in that system, and that is the centre-forward. It's ridiculous having all three, and causes imbalance in the squad and team.

A player like Berahino (like Wilson) can play all across that front-three. It gives us so much more options, and makes us far more threatening tactically. Lots of talk about the centre-backs this season, but I personally think we need to prioritise buying a proper right-back, and a wide attacker.
Agree with the last part. For all the obvious faults of the defenders, we've really tightened up defensively. That speaks well of the tactical work being done at that end, but when LvG inherited several strikers and two no10s it meant he really had to plan for a 3-5-2 or a diamond 4-4-2, neither of which are his preference. I think 4-3-3, or maybe even 3-4-3 will be the system he builds around.

Also doesn't help, in both the systems he's played the most, that we've had no full-backs. Going into a season with two full-backs has cost us, as even when covering to a reasonable extent Young and Valencia produce nothing like the quality we need.

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
wilson and januzaj in the starting 11
I'm talking long-term, you gimp.

Both are sensational talents. Home-grown, too.

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:32 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 06-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

call me a gimp again and you wont be around for the long term
Closed Thread