United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2014, 10:12 AM
General Woundwort

Even most scousers I know hate scousers. There are undoubtedly reasonable ones but professional scousers are filth.

Unread 21-11-2014, 10:22 AM
guerreiro

They're £#%&!ing awful scumbags who are obsessed with living up to their regional identity, smattered with some decent folks. Not much different to anywhere else.

Unread 21-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Even most scousers I know hate scousers. There are undoubtedly reasonable ones but professional scousers are filth.
Professional locals from anywhere are always £#%&!ers imo. When it ain't hostile, it's boring.

oh yeah I love my town.

ever tried anywhere else to compare?

nope.

Unread 21-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Chorlton74

love it when they walk through the trafford centre in replica gear like they own the place. its like a badge of honour for them. im sure they go home to a heroes reception.

nails.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:09 AM
andyroo

Original post is %@#$&!s. Otherwise we'd hate every team who ever had a great player. And would you say they only hate us because of Eric?

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:12 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Professional locals from anywhere are always £#%&!ers imo. When it ain't hostile, it's boring.

oh yeah I love my town.

ever tried anywhere else to compare?

nope.
Exhibit A

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:12 AM
believe

I'm married to one and she's alright.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Exhibit A

i'd have a lot more time for these two if they didn't spend the early days of oasis championing manchester so much, that once the cheques started to come in that they pissed off to london in an instant. there's loyalty for you.

or if their music was any good

or if they weren't absolute #@&%!s.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Crumps

Hate them as a group/in theory. But don't think I have ever not got along with one in real life. Lots of piss taking but plenty of mutual respect.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:29 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Exhibit A

what a pair of ugly @#%&!s

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Hate them as a group/in theory. But don't think I have ever not got along with one in real life. Lots of piss taking but plenty of mutual respect.
imagine meeting one, finding out you could get on really well with them, but deciding to walk away because they were scouse.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:35 AM
believe

Quote:
imagine meeting one, finding out you could get on really well with them, but deciding to walk away because they were scouse.
Or Kenny Dalgliesh fans

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Sounds like something one of the fake try hard Mancs from the environs would do.

Most working class Manc/Salford lads will have far more in common with their scouse counterparts than other Reds.

Irish blood innit, having the horror of 'this beard looks blinding' going to bed and waking up to 'when the £#%&! did it go ginger?' unifies us I reckon.

So many in Salford have that face then hair Gerrard forehead thing going on too that a common ancestor is clearly in play.

Unread 21-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

Hated Dalglish from the day it was announced he was taking over from Keegan tbh - the fanfare that was greeted with was disgusting, and made worse by the fact it turned out to be true and they kept on winning - thank £#%&! for Brian Clough though cus it could have been even worse.

1983 League Cup final is where he really confirmed his status as a complete @#%&!, though there was plenty of snide stuff before then.

The fact Blackburn stumbled over the line in 95 despite this @#%&! and his bottle job of a team doing its best to £#%&! it up in the run-in will always piss me off.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Adrian_Lon

Hate the city center a real shit hole to be in. Wirral is alright. Not a fan of the twang in the accent just makes my shoulders move upwards from time to time and makes the face grimce.

"ear ya ar"
"our [siblings name] ie Our John, Our Paul"
"Mayte"
Cackle laughter
Anything that gets "draggggged aowtttttttt"

And obviously any football chat is impossible.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm married to one and she's alright.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_Lon
Hate the city center a real shit hole to be in. Wirral is alright. Not a fan of the twang in the accent just makes my shoulders move upwards from time to time and makes the face grimce.

"ear ya ar"
"our [siblings name] ie Our John, Our Paul"
"Mayte"
Cackle laughter
Anything that gets "draggggged aowtttttttt"

And obviously any football chat is impossible.
Over half of them are similar to propoh Manc traits too.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:10 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Their look ?

Their accent is horrific, granted

And as I said LFC aside they are on the whole alright...a blame culture outside of football related events or happenings I've not come across. I've not really been looking for it..

It's a decent night out Liverpool and I've always found them a ok.

-1099 Red points, yadda ydadda...etc
I'm more or less of this thought.

There are irritating factors to the city and the club, but you can say that about most places. The city has a lot going for it.

As you say, just steer clear of football talk with most reds. Most. Some are alright.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:13 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
professional anyones are bad. only a complete £#%&!ing £#%&!er defines themselves by where they were randomly born rather than the things they say and do.

Unread 21-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Adrian_Lon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Over half of them are similar to propoh Manc traits too.
I don't mind any other dialect saying them words/phrases but really if you just imagine Jim from the royal family saying the words, the way they say it seems condescending or something.
Closed Thread