United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
dodger

Default Re: Squad for Wolfsburg

Why are the genuine stiffs like Gill and James nominated in our Champions league possibles but not de Laet?

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Why are the genuine stiffs like Gill and James nominated in our Champions league possibles but not de Laet?
Nationality? Time at the club? one of the two.

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
RedMenace

They've been with the club two years or more and are under 22 so can be registered on the B list whereas De Laet can't.

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
He's not even kicking a ball yet in his rehab so he'll not feature until well into the New Year & most likely will pick up other injuries when he does eventually turn out (for the reserves)
So, to summarise, we will see no contribution of note from him this season then?

Seems reasonable tbh. Having 2 new knees is no £#%&!ing joke.

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Whalefish

It'll be Carrick and Gibson in the centre of defence IMO.

Unread 07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
magic_cantona

Hmmm, where should my vcash go.....?

Unread 07-12-2009, 04:29 PM
believe

Thumbs up Re: Squad for Wolfsburg

I'm looking forward to Sparky's thread.

Unread 07-12-2009, 04:49 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I'm looking forward to Sparky's thread.

Unread 07-12-2009, 04:58 PM
koppas

I thought we had a squad of 23/26, whatever it is. Surely those young lads weren't in it? I don't understand the whole squad rule.

Unread 07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
RedMenace

You can nominate your 23 senior players or whatever it is and then register an additional list of players who are under 22 and have been at the club for two years or more. As far as i can remember that's how it works.

Unread 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
You can nominate your 23 senior players or whatever it is and then register an additional list of players who are under 22 and have been at the club for two years or more. As far as i can remember that's how it works.
I see.

Unread 07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So, to summarise, we will see no contribution of note from him this season then?

Seems reasonable tbh. Having 2 new knees is no £#%&!ing joke.
Was browsing around over on RI and saw that the famous partytown has heard that Hargo may make the bench for Leeds and play against City along with Rio. He's also explained his connection with United:

Quote:
Never met fergie but did used to work at united years ago.I carried on playing for united staff team for years after i left and have good friends on the coaching staff.Through those friends have met some of the players and organised some boxing coaching with them hence the photos i posted last year when rooney came my house and had some pictures took with my kids.Hope that helps
Just thought that was interesting stuff.

Unread 07-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Coracao

I think we'd struggle over there with a full side. Could be on the receiving end of a battering tomorrow considering our lack of defence.

Unread 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think we'd struggle over there with a full side. Could be on the receiving end of a battering tomorrow considering our lack of defence.
don't completely agree with that, reckon a full strenght united side would beat them handy, watched wolfsburg game in russia and they were pretty poor tbf, they should however beat us tomorrow night considering our defensive plight.
Closed Thread