Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Lok

Default Re: Squad for Wolfsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
Evra must not play in this one!
Apart from David Gills lad, he's the only defender we have! I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. Can't believe we have 8 of our top 9 defenders injured

Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Vidic, Rio, JOS, Nev, Brown RIP

Pretty tempted to put my house on Wolfsburg!

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

That's pretty £#%&!ing mental to be honest.
Obviouslky Fergie is quite happy to finish second...infact he must be resigned to it because otherwise he'd have taken more of the 'first team' to play alongside the kids at the back.

There's nothing you can do about the injuries...at least we haven't got an INJURY CRISIS like Liverpool.
Some @#%&! on TalkSport this morning saying "We've missed Torres for a lot of this season. How would United cope if you took Rooney out of their side?" ...Yeah, because we've had NO injury problems this season have we? ..& I must have imagined Rooney being out injured for the best part of a month after getting injured on International duty..

...anyway, it's our own stupid £#%&!ing fault.
We had 9pts & 2 home games against the 2 weakest teams in the Group...& we pissed it up the wall taking only 1pt from those games.

I've got a feeling that whatever happens, we'll play either Barca or Real in the next stage.

Obviously Arsenal (true to form) will get Ebbsfleet United or someone of similar stature.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Oliver Gill is an awful, awful footballer.

Absolutely woeful.
Very Important Dad

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Jez Quigley

Ben Foster,

Oliver Gill
Matty James
Cameron Stewart
Oliver Norwood
Ji-sung Park
Anderson
Darron Gibson
Nani
Gabriel Obertan
Danny Welbeck

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Pete's Shoes

What's actually wrong with the twins? Anyone know?

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
We had 9pts & 2 home games against the 2 weakest teams in the Group...& we pissed it up the wall taking only 1pt from those games.

I've got a feeling that whatever happens, we'll play either Barca or Real in the next stage.

Obviously Arsenal (true to form) will get Ebbsfleet United or someone of similar stature.
Should have put our best team out against Moscow. Would have won the group with 2 games to spare and then played the under 12s in the next 2 games.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
borsuk

Quote:
That's pretty £#%&!ing mental to be honest.
Obviouslky Fergie is quite happy to finish second...infact he must be resigned to it because otherwise he'd have taken more of the 'first team' to play alongside the kids at the back.

There's nothing you can do about the injuries...at least we haven't got an INJURY CRISIS like Liverpool.
Some @#%&! on TalkSport this morning saying "We've missed Torres for a lot of this season. How would United cope if you took Rooney out of their side?" ...Yeah, because we've had NO injury problems this season have we? ..& I must have imagined Rooney being out injured for the best part of a month after getting injured on International duty..

ffs ramone, i'd have thought saturday might have taught you something. fergie left a lot of players back in manchester because he trusts the kids. have some faith ffs.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
Should have put our best team out against Moscow. Would have won the group with 2 games to spare and then played the under 12s in the next 2 games.
Absolutely.
Moscow was a decent match & had the 'late drama' element of a classic United.
But, it was a careless & lazy result against a ordinary/half-decent team.

As you say, we take 3pts on that night & we have 2 'dead rubbers' in which to play the kids.
It's absolutely crazy that we're going into tomorrow nights game with something still riding on it.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Absolutely.
Moscow was a decent match & had the 'late drama' element of a classic United.
But, it was a careless & lazy result against a ordinary/half-decent team.

As you say, we take 3pts on that night & we have 2 'dead rubbers' in which to play the kids.
It's absolutely crazy that we're going into tomorrow nights game with something still riding on it.
I think that the players gained much more experience in that game than they would have done in a couple of dead rubbers

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:32 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ffs ramone, i'd have thought saturday might have taught you something. fergie left a lot of players back in manchester because he trusts the kids. have some faith ffs.
I like to see MJ's posts of doomlordery as evidence the world is still on an even keel. If he ever approached a game with unbridled optimism, I'd be more worried.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
But on Saturday we had Rooney, Giggs & Scholes on the pitch to 'keep the ball' & help out the patched up defence.

It's not a case of 'lack of faith' ...I just think we shouldn't be in this situation at all because we should have won the Group weeks ago.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
I like to see MJ's posts of doomlordery as evidence the world is still on an even keel. If he ever approached a game with unbridled optimism, I'd be more worried.
I get nervous before every game...& I like to air my fears & 'worst case scenarios' ...but if you read the FredCasts, I always tip us to win.

Having said that, I don't think anyone can be confident about tomorrows game. Our defensive injury list is staggering...& as I've said, we should have had this group sewn up on match day 4.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:40 PM
borsuk

Quote:
But on Saturday we had Rooney, Giggs & Scholes on the pitch to 'keep the ball' & help out the patched up defence.

It's not a case of 'lack of faith' ...I just think we shouldn't be in this situation at all because we should have won the Group weeks ago.
Ben Foster, Gabriel Obertan, Magnus Eikrem, Paul Scholes, Darron Gibson, Antonio Valencia, Oliver Gill, Michael Carrick, Matty James, Michael Owen, Darren Fletcher, Danny Welbeck, Ji-sung Park, Anderson, Patrice Evra, Cameron Stewart, Tomasz Kuszczak, Nani, Oliver Norwood.

plenty of first team players there. the defence is a worry but the whole team is full of confidence at the moment.

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:43 PM
red in cumbria

Surprised Berbatov has been left out tbh - he looked fine on Sat

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:46 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Surprised Berbatov has been left out tbh - he looked fine on Sat
Agreed.

He hardly plays in the Champions League so it would have been a good opportunity to give him a game.
I can only imagine he isn't 100%

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:49 PM
dunk

I though Hargeaves was earmarked to return for this one?

Or is it looking like January/February before rumours of his existence are confirmed?

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Or is it looking like January/February before rumours of his existence are confirmed?
Last I heard was New year at the earliest...Have to see I guess.
Apparently he's not in full contact training yet & isn't even really kicking a ball at full 'power'

Unread 07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
RedMenace

What's up with Macheda is he injured as well?.

Unread 07-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Charlie Harper

...................Tomasz Kuszczak
...Darren Fletcher Michael Carrick Patrice Evra
...........................Anderson
..............Paul Scholes Darron Gibson
Antonio Valencia Ji-sung Park
..................Michael Owen
.......................Danny Welbeck

Back 3, with the energy of Park and Valencia to track back if needed. No need to Evra to go forward. Fletcher and Carrick to deal with high balls.

Big Andy plays a destroyer role.

The midfield 2 of Scholes, Gibson play deeper using their range of passing to the wingers or directly to Welbeck, with Owen arriving as soon as the batteries on his electric wheelchair allow.

Unread 07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
LaPaz

Quote:

He's not even kicking a ball yet in his rehab so he'll not feature until well into the New Year & most likely will pick up other injuries when he does eventually turn out (for the reserves)
Closed Thread