Unread 20-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Please God no.

that made me piss

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I think united playing hardball with him will ultimately backfire. We could have got 40m for a player that doesnt want to stick around anymore. We should have took it IMO.

I don't think he's going to be as effective after all this and i think a few innocuous performances and he'll have some portions of the crowd on his back.

Not sure if you've noticed, but the lad is getting heavy, he's going to slow down a tad over the next couple of years.

I'm predicting that we'll end up selling him for 20m in two years and only have a few average seasons out of him for the trouble - It's not worth it imo.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I don't think he's going to be as effective after all this and i think a few innocuous performances and he'll have some portions of the crowd on his back.
That bit I actually agree with. He won't match last season (such a high standard anyway).

Quote:

Not sure if you've noticed, but the lad is getting heavy, he's going to slow down a tad over the next couple of years.
That is horseshite however. Where do you see all this? Have you seen him in Burger King.

The guy still has lovely abs.

Slow down

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:44 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
I think united playing hardball with him will ultimately backfire. We could have got 40m for a player that doesnt want to stick around anymore. We should have took it IMO.

I'm predicting that we'll end up selling him for 20m in two years and only have a few average seasons out of him for the trouble - It's not worth it imo.
It was noticeable (to me at least ) that during the second half of last season when he lost possession he usually thought he should have got a free kick and just stood there pouting & waving his arms around (another Prima Donna characteristic he's shown more & move over the last six months).

After the events of this summer if he continues to do that the crowd will very quickly get on his back but there again if he keeps up his scoring rate then nobody will care.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
That is horseshite however. Where do you see all this? Have you seen him in Burger King.

The guy still has lovely abs.

Slow down
He does have lovely abs , i'm not talking about heavy as in puressence heavy, but rather in the fact that he's very muscular and has a naturally bulky physique. Right now it works in his favour as he can generate a lot of power in order to move quickly but as he gets older it wont be such a good thing and if he gains anymore muscle it will have an impact. It wont be that obvious and most likely people will put it down to other things.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:48 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
He does have lovely abs , i'm not talking about heavy as in puressence heavy, but rather in the fact that he's very muscular and has a naturally bulky physique. Right now it works in his favour as he can generate a lot of power in order to move quickly but as he gets older it wont be such a good thing and if he gains anymore muscle it will have an impact. It wont be that obvious and most likely people will put it down to other things.
It could happen if he gets injured or when he's 28 to 30 but not yet.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Ether

Yep, Lou is spot on as usual here. Just look at 100m sprinters, you won't see any of them getting slowed down by pesky muscles.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yep, Lou is spot on as usual here. Just look at 100m sprinters, you won't see any of them getting slowed down by pesky muscles.

I can't believe people still quote him.

Unread 20-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Whalefish

12 more months. Make the most of it if you want.

I can't be arsed with the fella tbh. He'll be talking about himself in the third person soon.

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Sprinters use muscle to generate huge concentrated power over short distances. Footballers combine bursts of power with constant running and this is where extra weight can have an impact - if a sprinter had to run for 40 mins and then do a 100m sprint he wouldnt even be close to the time he set before running for 40 mins.

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Fascinating insight into the world of Athletics, cheers Linford.

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Is Ronaldo actually staying or what?

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Ether

Quote:
if a sprinter had to run for 40 mins and then do a 100m sprint he wouldnt even be close to the time he set before running for 40 mins.
Well knock me down with a feather

I was only being facetious anyway, I'm well aware they require different physiques.

Though I don't see any evidence that he's geting 'heavy'. Look at the pics of him on holiday this summer and compare them to when he was flouncing around with his top off at Euro 2004. He's always been ripped. Quite why you think this is suddenly going to slow him down over the next few years is beyond me

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Is Ronaldo actually staying or what?
We're going to sell him on the basis that his muscles are far too big.

Sienna Miller in, Ronaldo out!

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Sienna Miller in, Ronaldo out!
yhbr

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
yhbr
It was £#%&!ing funny!

Good rep me you @#%&!!

Unread 20-07-2008, 05:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He'll be talking about himself in the third person soon.
Like Coley!
I saw an interview the other day & he said "It's going to be a very interesting season for Andrew Cole"
Closed Thread