United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
El Calafate

Thumbs down That goal Ruud scored against Italy

just seen it for the first time.

what a £#%&!in joke!

they might as well said the crowd was playing him on.

if they let goals like that stand, they might as well all go home.

jesus £#%&!ing christ.

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Sloane

dont worry about it

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
dont worry about it

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:26 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
dont worry about it
oh, but i do.

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
dodger

I love how a player in the penalty area can be deemed not interfering with play but one on his back is deemed "live".

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Zorg

It happened to Italy and therefore doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Sloane

when g nev is left holding his ankle by the net and ronaldo crosses it for ruud to slot a winner home at the bernabeu in the champions league semi final. then worry about it

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I love how a player in the penalty area can be deemed not interfering with play but one on his back is deemed "live".
you want to hold a decent tournament, saying that international football is still better than club football, and then you let a gaol like that stand, and then uefa come out the following day saying it's the correct decision????

mickey mouse, that's what it is.

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

he's so angry he can't type!

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think the point with that is that it only really refers to players in the attacking team. I don't actually agree with it but I think the rule changes talking about active players and phases and all that shite were only done in that context. i may be wrong.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think the point with that is that it only really refers to players in the attacking team. I don't actually agree with it but I think the rule changes talking about active players and phases and all that shite were only done in that context. i may be wrong.
Makes it no less ridiculous.

Unread 11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Makes it no less ridiculous.
I agree, the entire offside rule is nonsense these days. Fabregas not being offside was idiotic last night.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Harri Jaffa

I agree that there should be a rule that if a player is off the pitch (not being attending to for being injured) that they still count as playing.

If not the defending team can just walk off the pitch instantly bringing the attacking player offside.

It was Buffon's fault that his player was off the pitch, if he had pushed less or at a slightly different angle he would have just been on the field and playing Ruud on.

The rule makes sense to me when you think of it like that, although when I first saw it I thought it was worse than 'that' decision against Porto...

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:16 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I agree that there should be a rule that if a player is off the pitch (not being attending to for being injured) that they still count as playing.

If not the defending team can just walk off the pitch instantly bringing the attacking player offside.

It was Buffon's fault that his player was off the pitch, if he had pushed less or at a slightly different angle he would have just been on the field and playing Ruud on.

The rule makes sense to me when you think of it like that, although when I first saw it I thought it was worse than 'that' decision against Porto...
this just shows what a £#%&!wit you are. anyone who thinks that goal should of stood should be kicked off this board for being a plum. nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Doesn't make any difference - if he'd been sat injured on the pitch, line or just over it off the field of play. He's still active according to the Laws of the Game. Therefore, the Laws would have to change, which they haven't yet. So he's onside. Easy really.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
this just shows what a £#%&!wit you are. anyone who thinks that goal should of stood should be kicked off this board for being a plum. nft.
Twas only last week you said I was the only person on this board that had some sense

Make your mind up

Anyhoo - If there is a law that says that players that are off the pitch but not injured count as playing people on side that the goal was onside.

You may or may not agree with the rule but that is a different issue innit

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Doesn't make any difference - if he'd been sat injured on the pitch, line or just over it off the field of play. He's still active according to the Laws of the Game. Therefore, the Laws would have to change, which they haven't yet. So he's onside. Easy really.
So is it correct that this whole "inactive" players business only refers to players on mthe attacking team then? A forward who'd fallen five yards off the pitch before a goal was scored would've been considered active after all.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Twas only last week you said I was the only person on this board that had some sense
Make your mind up

Anyhoo - If there is a law that says that players that are off the pitch but not injured count as playing people on side that the goal was onside.

You may or may not agree with the rule but that is a different issue innit
well i was wrong.

i can't believe you think that goal was legit.

nft.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
So is it correct that this whole "inactive" players business only refers to players on mthe attacking team then? A forward who'd fallen five yards off the pitch before a goal was scored would've been considered active after all.
Didn't get any of that I'm afraid.

Unread 11-06-2008, 11:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Didn't get any of that I'm afraid.
I was just asking if players can only be inactive if they are attacking the goal. My point being that had aforward been knocked off the pitch in the position Panucci was and Ruud had scored, the goal would've been allowed as the player would've been considered inactive, where Panucci was considered active.
Closed Thread