United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:30 PM
El Calafate

Exclamation Football exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo declares for Real Madrid

I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ted.realmadrid

Manchester United must face the real possibility that Cristiano Ronaldo has played his final match for the club after the Portuguese winger publicly declared his intention to join Real Madrid at the end of the European Championship.

Speaking from Portugal's training camp in the Swiss city of Neuchatel on Wednesday, Ronaldo made a keenly awaited statement on his future. The 23-year-old stated that he wanted to leave Old Trafford to sign for the Spanish champions if they made good on their promises of world record transfer fees and wages. Spanish media reports have placed the value of a Madrid offer to United at €100m and the player's salary at £15m a year.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo in an interview with the respected Brazilian website Terra. "However, it does not depend on me."

The issue of Ronaldo's future has been the dominant feature of Portugal's European Championship training camp, overshadowing the team's preparations and seeing questions raised about the player's state of mind. Hoping to prevent inquests at national team press conferences and post-match mixed zones, Ronaldo insisted that he would not speak about his choice of club again during the tournament.

"It is important to send a message," he said. "From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

United have repeatedly stated that they will not allow Ronaldo to move this summer, but the club may now have to improve the five-year contract they agreed with the forward in April 2007. Given the scale of Madrid's offer, the player can expect to comfortably exceed the net €10m that Michael Ballack receives from Chelsea each year.

(£#%&! knows if this story has substance!???)

nft.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Terry Silver

That would be a very odd thing to say.

If he has said it I would £#%&! him off.

Nft.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:35 PM
koppas

Get rid.

It is like your missus saying " I want to £#%&! Koppas but only if my boyfriend agrees".

El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
That would be a very odd thing to say.

If he has said it I would £#%&! him off.

Nft.
it ties in with what he said last week. (ie. it will be good for him and the club)

nft.

Crumps

If it's £100 Million and £15 Million a season. Looks like he's staying

dunk

If that's the case, it is purely about money.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:36 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
If it's £100 Million and £15 Million a season. Looks like he's staying
the thing is, i don't think Madrid have the money. it's alright saying they will do this and that but what if utd just called their bluff?

the whole thing has become a joke.

nft.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Don't believe anything said anymore.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Ed Sullivan

That's a direct quote?

He wants to play for Real Madrid if they pay him what they've said?

and this...

Quote:
"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."
£#%&! him off.

Thanks for being one of the best players in a United shirt for a while though Ronnie.

Viva Ronaldo.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Sloane

so he just wants to be the worlds most expensive player, if not he will stay. if true - what a @#%&!

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

I've not been bothered about this speculation until now, if those are direct quotes then I feel sick. Absolutely gutted if true

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
the thing is, i don't think Madrid have the money. it's alright saying they will do this and that but what if utd just called their bluff?

the whole thing has become a joke.

nft.
That's what he's doing in a way. We all know he'd play for Madrid one day and he wants them to pay what they said (or has been rumoured) if they want him now.

Good old Ronnie wants to make sure we get top dollar for him too.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Part 36 Offer

What a load of tripe. I am £#%&!ing sick to death with this shite.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:41 PM
puressence

100 Million Id Bite There £#%&!ing Hands Off

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Ed Sullivan

How could the Guardian make up quotes like that?

They haven't said 'he implied this'. They've quoted him.

Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
What a load of tripe. I am £#%&!ing sick to death with this shite.
If he goes im avoiding this place like a plague for a few weeks.

El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
That's what he's doing in a way. We all know he'd play for Madrid one day and he wants them to pay what they said (or has been rumoured) if they want him now.

Good old Ronnie wants to make sure we get top dollar for him too.
tbf, i did appreciate that bit.

nft.

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
That's a direct quote?

Well, it may be, from a "respected Brazillian website".

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
Arnold Muhren

They havent go the money, not unless they ravage their squad or do yet another dodgy land deal with Madrid council....

Unread 05-06-2008, 02:44 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Well, it may be, from a "respected Brazillian website".
Thats the only thing that makes me doubt the story. Why were there no Portuguese/English press around?
Closed Thread