United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
You admitted on another thread that Giggs was good in Lyon and decent at Derby - they were his last two games before Sunday.

Giggs was part of a team that beat Liverpool 3-0.

He is also one of half a dozen players in United's squad who have been slated for a season or two now on this board by a group of £#%&!wits.

United's squad is excellent, and remains well on course for back-to-back titles.
That helped his fullback out and that he had a decent half against relegation fodder. Was what I said.

I hope I am not included in this group of £#%&!wits as this is the first time I have moaned about Giggs mainly due to the fact that I feel this is the first time the criticism levelled at him has been warranted.

He was part of the team that scored one goal past Liverpool and was in danger of letting them back in to the game at one point due to the inablitlity of the team to keep possesion and surely Giggs was a culprit of this when the stats about passes recieved are taken in to account. One of his main roles as a winger is to act as an outlet to the more central players on the few times he managed this on Sunday he either miss-controlled the ball, misplaced a pass or ran into a Liverpool defender.

I am not enjoying the slating of Giggs but your defence of the indefensible (especially concerning Sunday) means I will produce a counter argument.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Nani has hardly played this season. nft.
Well that is %@#$&!s for a start. He has been involved in more games than Giggs this year, started 23 and came on as a sub in a further 12. In comparison Giggs has started 28 with 4 sub appearances.

I do not have the stats for actual minutes played, but I would imagine it is very similar.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Well that is %@#$&!s for a start. He has been involved in more games than Giggs this year, started 23 and came on as a sub in a further 12. In comparison Giggs has started 28 with 4 sub appearances.

I do not have the stats for actual minutes played, but I would imagine it is very similar.
Unlike EC to completely ignore the facts to make his point. That's a fair few games for a young player in his first season isn't it.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:57 PM
El Calafate

Quote:

i don't have those stats but if you say so.

Nani is fit as a fiddle and should be starting until Giggs gets his form back.

nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Unlike EC to completely ignore the facts to make his point. That's a fair few games for a young player in his first season isn't it.
Shows how well Fergie has used the squad. Nani has progressed at a steady pace this year, not too much pressure on him and he is benefiting from it.

Unread 25-03-2008, 02:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Shows how well Fergie has used the squad. Nani has progressed at a steady pace this year, not too much pressure on him and he is benefiting from it.
Think we have to be creful with Anderson you know, tired badly in the 2nd half but is really important to how we play. Gonna have to use him sensibly.

Unread 25-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Think we have to be creful with Anderson you know, tired badly in the 2nd half but is really important to how we play. Gonna have to use him sensibly.
Anderson has been like that most of the season, tired in the second half of games. He is only 19, but the maturity of his performances can easily allow you to forget it.

We have good options in midfield, Scholes was very encouraging against Liverpool, his best performance all season, and Fletcher has performed very well in recent times.

Unread 25-03-2008, 02:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

I'd also add that though I'm a big fan of Nani and would start him ahead of Giggs in most games, he's hardly consistent yet. We've had 2 horrible performances from him, against siddy and Pompei in the cup, in just a month. Don't want to be too reliant on him.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
That helped his fullback out and that he had a decent half against relegation fodder. Was what I said.

I hope I am not included in this group of £#%&!wits as this is the first time I have moaned about Giggs mainly due to the fact that I feel this is the first time the criticism levelled at him has been warranted.

He was part of the team that scored one goal past Liverpool and was in danger of letting them back in to the game at one point due to the inablitlity of the team to keep possesion and surely Giggs was a culprit of this when the stats about passes recieved are taken in to account. One of his main roles as a winger is to act as an outlet to the more central players on the few times he managed this on Sunday he either miss-controlled the ball, misplaced a pass or ran into a Liverpool defender.

I am not enjoying the slating of Giggs but your defence of the indefensible (especially concerning Sunday) means I will produce a counter argument.
fwiw if you haven't spent the last couple of seasons slagging off the squad that would appear to be headed towards back-to-back titles then no, you are not included in the collection of £#%&!wits I alluded to.

however, there were howling mistakes of virtually every conceivable footballing kind made in every area of the field by virtually every player on the field in Sunday's game. you have so far, to my knowledge, chosen not to mention a single one made by any other player apart from Giggs.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Crumps

Quote:
fwiw if you haven't spent the last couple of seasons slagging off the squad that would appear to be headed towards back-to-back titles then no, you are not included in the collection of £#%&!wits I alluded to.

however, there were howling mistakes of virtually every conceivable footballing kind made in every area of the field by virtually every player on the field in Sunday's game. you have so far, to my knowledge, chosen not to mention a single one made by any other player apart from Giggs.
That wasn't my original point though. My point was regarding Giggsy's performance and questioning his ability to be part of the starting XI anymore all I have done is counter the various claims on the contrary.

I'm not one who usually goes in for slagging the team or singling out individual players (apart from Fletch and O'Shea if they deserve it) and my volume of posts on the subject is just to back up my original statement and opinion as it has be contested so vehemently by some.

He was crap on Sunday. Admit it

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
That wasn't my original point though. My point was regarding Giggsy's performance and questioning his ability to be part of the starting XI anymore all I have done is counter the various claims on the contrary.

I'm not one who usually goes in for slagging the team or singling out individual players (apart from Fletch and O'Shea if they deserve it) and my volume of posts on the subject is just to back up my original statement and opinion as it has be contested so vehemently by some.

He was crap on Sunday. Admit it
I will not. Confirmed. He is an inspiration. He is wise. I like him as a player. He play good. Still much to offer. First choice if fit for me in all the biggest games coming up, certainly against Roma.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:56 PM
poppy

Quote:
I will not. Confirmed. He is an inspiration. He is wise. I like him as a player. He play good. Still much to offer. First choice if fit for me in all the biggest games coming up, certainly against Roma.
0/10.

Unread 25-03-2008, 04:58 PM
LancashireRed

Quote:
i know i've slated giggs more than most on this board recently, but it's gut wrenching watching a player that has given his all to utd, play the way he is now. i'm not taking the piss and i would prefer it if fergie played him from the bench from now on.

nft.
It pains me to say it but I £#%&!in agree
he has £#%&! all left to offer the team as a regular
He should not get anything more than a place on da bench!!

Unread 25-03-2008, 05:19 PM
sin65

Is this the same shit Giggs whos freekick led to Ronaldo hitting the post, who ran down the left into the box one on one with a defender and forced Reina into £#%&!ing up, whos header on in the box led to a bad attempt by Rooney, whos midfield ball through down the right cut the scouse defence in two but Ronaldo £#%&!ed up the pass to Anderson, whos ball into the box forced the foul on Anderson for Ronaldo to hit the wall.

This is off the top of my head but then I did watch the match sober.

Lets have another thread about Rooney being shit cos he should've scored 5 on Saturday but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Did you hear the chelsea £#%&!wits giving Grant shit before he was proven right. Isn't it funny how Fergies generally proven right? that must mean you're........

Unread 25-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin65
Is this the same shit Giggs whos freekick led to Ronaldo hitting the post, who ran down the left into the box one on one with a defender and forced Reina into £#%&!ing up, whos header on in the box led to a bad attempt by Rooney, whos midfield ball through down the right cut the scouse defence in two but Ronaldo £#%&!ed up the pass to Anderson, whos ball into the box forced the foul on Anderson for Ronaldo to hit the wall.

This is off the top of my head but then I did watch the match sober.

Lets have another thread about Rooney being shit cos he should've scored 5 on Saturday but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Did you hear the chelsea £#%&!wits giving Grant shit before he was proven right. Isn't it funny how Fergies generally proven right? that must mean you're........

Fantastic post.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:03 PM
El Calafate

and here's the proof.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/Ne...-assess-Giggs/

nft.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:22 PM
dodger

Quote:
Hardly proof, but if it is given credence it merely means we can manage without him more easily. I don't think we can say that's a bad thing. He's got another year with us I reckon and he won't be first choice then. Not a bad back up I'd say.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:22 PM
sin65

Stats are for accountants and american football both of which is £#%&!ing boring, not suggesting you are of course.

Maybe if the recipients of Giggs passes this season (usually Rooney) had managed to shoot straight Giggs assists (stats) would look better.

nft

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:23 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin65
Stats are for accountants and american football both of which is £#%&!ing boring, not suggesting you are of course.

Maybe if the recipients of Giggs passes this season (usually Rooney) had managed to shoot straight Giggs assists (stats) would look better.

nft
giggs struggles to tie his laces these days. nft.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:28 PM
armchair

Quote:
jesus, what a bombshell!

has fergie been informed?!

ffs we all know this.
Closed Thread