United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:17 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've agreed that Giggs shouldn't be starting game and said I'm glad you are always here to look for the negative in any situation. Fail to see why you have issues with this?
just don't understand you getting all defensive. if i was talking rubbish, then fair enough. but it's clear as day that giggs needs to be relieved of first team duties. nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Really don't think that's true. Me Dad comes on here and slates him all the time. Who are you actually referring to?
this welsh @#%&! in the pub, all he goes on about is how great giggs is.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
just don't understand you getting all defensive. if i was talking rubbish, then fair enough. but it's clear as day that giggs needs to be relieved of first team duties. nft.
Not getting defensive, I was congratulating you. You can't take a compliment.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
this welsh @#%&! in the pub, all he goes on about is how great giggs is.
Oh. Hardly "all the Welsh reds" but hey ho.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Crumps

Quote:
you're only as good as your worst player. liverpool may of played with 10 men for half a game but we did for the whole game. harsh but true.

nft.
Absoloute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.

He came off after 73 minutes.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:21 PM
armchair

I'm not a big fan of Giggs being captain or even starting but the idea that players are directly replaced then never play again is stupid.

It's Manchester United not Logan's Run.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

It's pretty funny reading people who clearly haven't got a clue how good Giggs is at reading a game scratch around for reasons why he shouldn't be in the team. His movement on Sunday as usual was excellent. United's tactics on Sunday, as usual, were spot on. And Anderson and Giggs being replaced by Nani and Tevez was perfectly timed.

The constant slating of Giggs by a few posters must therefore be largely put down to some curious personal bitterness towards him.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:26 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
It's pretty funny reading people who clearly haven't got a clue how good Giggs is at reading a game scratch around for reasons why he shouldn't be in the team. His movement on Sunday as usual was excellent. United's tactics on Sunday, as usual, were spot on. And Anderson and Giggs being replaced by Nani and Tevez was perfectly timed.

The constant slating of Giggs by a few posters must therefore be largely put down to some curious personal bitterness towards him.
was that his arm movement?

so what your saying is Giggs is the new Choccy?

priceless.

nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:26 PM
armchair

Even if Nani was twice as good as Giggs only internet fools would start him every game.

Oh and Carrick had a good game. The same people will justify that as Fergie finally listening to them.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:27 PM
poppy

Quote:

You sound like a Paul McCartney fan trying to convince yourself he still knocks out some beltin' tunes.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Crumps

Quote:

He was by far our worst player on Sunday and has been dire in his last few games. Anderson's substitution was perfectly timed as he had started to lag and when the scouse @#%&!s had their spell the game seemed to pass him by. Giggs played like that from the off.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He was by far our worst player on Sunday and has been dire in his last few games. Anderson's substitution was perfectly timed as he had started to lag and when the scouse @#%&!s had their spell the game seemed to pass him by. Giggs played like that from the off.
You admitted on another thread that Giggs was good in Lyon and decent at Derby - they were his last two games before Sunday.

Giggs was part of a team that beat Liverpool 3-0.

He is also one of half a dozen players in United's squad who have been slated for a season or two now on this board by a group of £#%&!wits.

United's squad is excellent, and remains well on course for back-to-back titles.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:34 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Even if Nani was twice as good as Giggs only internet fools would start him every game.

Oh and Carrick had a good game. The same people will justify that as Fergie finally listening to them.
even if Nani scores more goals
even if Nani can beat a man
even if Nani can track back
even in Nani can cross a ball
even if Nani can tackle

yes i get your point armchair. lets play giggs until he's 95.

rock on!

nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
even if Nani can tackle

rock on!

nft.
that's not my point at all. My point is those stats wouldn't be so healthy had the United management not rotated him.

He'd be out injured by novemember with your 442, best 11 game in, game out blinkers on.

Giggs has been finished for about five years along with Scholes according to you.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
even if Nani can tackle

rock on!

nft.
Don't think armchair said that. Think he was suggesting that maybe giggs would still have a role to play giving Nani games off etc, even if he's replaced. Can't see any mention of playing him 'til he's 95 either, you seem to have gone right off at the deep end here?

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:40 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
that's not my point at all. My point is those stats wouldn't be so healthy had the United management not rotated him.

He'd be out injured by novemember with your 442, best 11 game in, game out blinkers on.

He's been finished for about five years along with Scholes according to you.
i see what i see. it's not based on one performance but over months, over a season. giggs isn't cutting it. when someone starts saying that giggs was showing good movement (off the ball) you know the end is nigh. it's what fergie used to say about his first love child Choccy Two Pies. nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:41 PM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Giggs being captain or even starting but the idea that players are directly replaced then never play again is stupid.

It's Manchester United not Logan's Run.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:42 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Don't think armchair said that. Think he was suggesting that maybe giggs would still have a role to play giving Nani games off etc, even if he's replaced. Can't see any mention of playing him 'til he's 95 either, you seem to have gone right off at the deep end here?
you should play the players who are doing it. Giggs should be coming on to replace Nani, not the other way round. nft.

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
you should play the players who are doing it. Giggs should be coming on to replace Nani, not the other way round. nft.
But nobody starts every game is all armchair was saying and that Giggs should be used as a backup to rest him. You then inexplicably started wailing about armchair wanting to start him 'til he was 95???

Unread 25-03-2008, 01:46 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
But nobody starts every game is all armchair was saying and that Giggs should be used as a backup to rest him. You then inexplicably started wailing about armchair wanting to start him 'til he was 95???
Nani has hardly played this season. nft.
Closed Thread