United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Thats great and all, but being unselfish and creative isnt enough for a forward.

Remember the miss against the Scouse? Imagine if we'd drawn that game. I'd have been pissed because that was an absolute sitter. Same goes for Lyon. Even Arsenal was frustrating for those of us that are greedy and wanted to see a cricket score.
Tevez missed 2 sitters in games we lost 1-0.

Unread 19-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Tevez missed 2 sitters in games we lost 1-0.
Didnt realise it was a contest..

Btw, I'm not Leg Saf. I do criticise our foreign players if its justified.

Unread 19-03-2008, 06:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Thats great and all, but being unselfish and creative isnt enough for a forward.

Remember the miss against the Scouse? Imagine if we'd drawn that game. I'd have been pissed because that was an absolute sitter. Same goes for Lyon. Even Arsenal was frustrating for those of us that are greedy and wanted to see a cricket score.

Ha!

So you're 'pissed' (are you American??) at Rooney because he only scored once in a 4-0 thrashing of Arsenal!
You're 'pissed' at Rooney because he missed a decent chance at Anfield - a game we DID win incidentally (if my Auntie had %@#$&!s & all that..)

...& you're 'pissed' at Rooney because he missed a brilliantly self created 'one on one' in the away Leg in Lyon....a tie we did get through as I recall.

It seems to me Rooney not only has to play well, but score more than once in every game for some people to get off his back.

Unread 19-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Ha!

So you're 'pissed' (are you American??) at Rooney because he only scored once in a 4-0 thrashing of Arsenal!
You're 'pissed' at Rooney because he missed a decent chance at Anfield - a game we DID win incidentally (if my Auntie had %@#$&!s & all that..)

...& you're 'pissed' at Rooney because he missed a brilliantly self created 'one on one' in the away Leg in Lyon....a tie we did get through as I recall.

It seems to me Rooney not only has to play well, but score more than once in every game for some people to get off his back.
:yawn:

No

Decent?! It was a complete sitter.

Giggs flicked it to him to put him through on goal...

He doesnt even score 1 in 2. You make out as if he's scoring bucket-loads, and that I'm being a total bastard by questioning his scoring rate.

Oh dear, I am sorry if my criticism of Rooney has hurt your feelings. My bad.

Some people just simply wont accept criticism of Wayne at all. He's beyond reproach in the eyes of several forumistas. Much like Ronaldo is with Leg Saf .

Unread 19-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
the bolton keeper is £#%&!ing woeful
Nice one...he'll be like Lev £#%&!in' Yashin tonight now...THE CURSE, THE CURSE!!!!

Unread 19-03-2008, 08:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Rooneys chance at Anfield was a weird one. He seemed offside and I expected the flag to go up and didn't realise he was not offside till after he missed.

Rooney is the least of our problems tbh.

Unread 19-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Luffy

scoring is our problem and Rooney should be more clinical with his chances, nothing wrong with saying that and its hardly booing the lad or complaining about his performances. Nothing wrong with wanting more tbh, its the nature of winners.

If I was Rooney I'd be pissed at myself for missing and either let it affect my confidence or get working on the training ground and get my touch back. What anyone else says is inconsequential and if anything something to learn from.

Unread 19-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Tronics

He'll come good, just you wait and see...

Unread 20-03-2008, 01:06 PM
El Calafate

Rooney's last goal at home in the league was in October. motwyw.

nft.

Unread 20-03-2008, 01:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate

nft.
When was his last away goal in the Carling Cup?

Unread 26-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Enjoying Insanity

El C

Stop slagging our best player.

You are a #@&%!.

NFT

Unread 26-03-2008, 05:52 PM
legendary saf

To be fair, if he plays like he did against Liverpool and continues creating goals which is virtually as important contribution as scoring then I won't be too bothered.

But he is a striker first and foremost and I would hope he reaches 20 goals this season, he is on 13 right now.

A goal against France tonight could be the confidence boost he needs to go on a run till the end of the season.

Unread 26-03-2008, 05:57 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
To be fair, if he plays like he did against Liverpool and continues creating goals which is virtually as important contribution as scoring then I won't be too bothered.

But he is a striker first and foremost and I would hope he reaches 20 goals this season, he is on 13 right now.

A goal against France tonight could be the confidence boost he needs to go on a run till the end of the season.
£#%&! the french. nft.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Fair comment.

I think he will get 20 goals for United before the season's out.

I'm not making excuses for him, but he has missed a fair chunk of football this season.
Metetarsal break (6 weeks out) , ankle ligament (5 weeks out) , illness (few games over Christmas & New Year)
Also, this thing about him not scoring in the League since October is slightly misleading. I'd be interested to know how many League games he's started at Old Trafford since October??
For example, our last 2 home League games were a month apart - & Rooney was suspended for City & got 15 minutes or so against Bolton.

I don't care how he fairs tonight...as long as he isn't injured.
Although it would be nice for him to bag a hat-trick.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate

nft.

Data like that can be interpreted how you want it to be.

He's only played 5 times (at OT) since then I think.

Unread 26-03-2008, 06:36 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Data like that can be interpreted how you want it to be.

He's only played 5 times (at OT) since then I think.
is that a stat? nft.

Unread 26-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Okay, let's turn this on its arse...

Why do you think that the most successful manager in British football history, with the best record in English domestic club football by a country mile, continues to use Ryan Giggs, winner of 9 league titles in a glittering one club career to date, in the pursuit of back-to-back titles and the Champions League?

I won't hold my breath waiting for the inevitable bullshit that would pass as your answer.

Unread 26-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
...& you're 'pissed' at Rooney because he missed a brilliantly self created 'one on one' in the away Leg in Lyon....
Isn't that the same one that was actually created by Ryan Giggs' sublime skill, timing and vision to split the home defence, or is it another one?

Unread 26-03-2008, 07:49 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Why do you think that the most successful manager in British football history, with the best record in English domestic club football by a country mile, continues to use Ryan Giggs, winner of 9 league titles in a glittering one club career to date, in the pursuit of back-to-back titles and the Champions League?

I won't hold my breath waiting for the inevitable bullshit that would pass as your answer.
i'd prefer to look at the facts. i'm talking about here and now. this season. you know, the one that matters. i'm not slating giggs's career. i'm saying he shouldn't be captain and he shouldn't be starting. that is all. that is all i've ever said.

nft.

Unread 26-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ooops, what thread am I on
Closed Thread