so what better than a couple of 17 year old brazilian twins
A-woooga!!!!!

(although is a couple of twins actually 4 people - I don't know

Unread 17-01-2008, 09:48 AM
ONESMARTBADGER

Quote:
Quote:
Who knows if we can go the same way as the Duck?”
Perhaps they mean they will compliment orange sauce ?

Unread 18-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Serenity Now

Here's the original article from GloboEsporte (in Portuguese I'm afraid). Has some photos and videos of the lads.

Unread 18-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Whalefish

Was it Vickery who compared the left back to Sorin? Up and down the flank all day, goal threat, tries to lead the team on etc...

Would be pretty good if he turns out to be a decent signing. Same goes for his brother.

Unread 18-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Rhodzy

Read that Fabio might be going to play for Brazil in the Olympics.
Thanks Serenity

Unread 18-01-2008, 03:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Brazilian twins set for switch to Manchester United

Oliver Kay

Manchester United are preparing to announce the signing of Fabio and Rafael Silva, Brazil’s answer to the Neville brothers. The 17-year-old twins, who are identical, are scheduled to arrive in Manchester on Monday to join United in a joint £5.2 million transfer from Fluminense, a deal that has been 2½ years in the planning.

Like Gary and Phil Neville, the Silva brothers are full backs, with Rafael operating on the right flank and Fabio on the left, even though both are right-footed. They caught Sir Alex Ferguson’s eye in a youth tournament in Hong Kong in 2005, during United’s preseason tour to Asia, and signed precontract agreements with the Barclays Premier League club when they turned 16 in July 2006. Initially the plan was for them to move to Manchester this summer, but the deal has been brought forward now that they have received the necessary paperwork.

The twins excelled for Brazil in the Under-17 World Cup finals in South Korea last August, with Fabio, the captain, finishing as his country’s leading scorer. Ferguson and Carlos Queiroz, the United assistant manager, are understood to be excited about the potential of the duo, even though they are unlikely to make more than the odd fleeting appearance in the first team in the immediate future.

“After eight visits to Manchester United, we will travel to come to live in England,” Fabio said. “In the last two years, we have visited many times. This time we are there for good.”

With the Brazilians being added to a pool of talent that includes Jonny Evans, who is on loan at Sunderland, Gerard Piqué and Danny Simpson, Ferguson believes that United are well stocked in defence for many years, but concerns remain over the prospect of losing Wes Brown, who has yet to agree an extension to his contract, which expires at the end of the season.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3200669.ece
why did this make me lol

Unread 18-01-2008, 04:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Here's the original article from GloboEsporte (in Portuguese I'm afraid). Has some photos and videos of the lads.
Interesting that one of the reasons they wouldn't let them play for Flu was because they feared the fans would object to them leaving so early. Sounds promising. We're getting linked with lots of Brazilians in this age group at the moment.

Dad obviously agrees with the general consensus that Fabio's the safer bet:

Unread 18-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Pot belly

Unread 18-01-2008, 04:31 PM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Interesting that one of the reasons they wouldn't let them play for Flu was because they feared the fans would object to them leaving so early. Sounds promising. We're getting linked with lots of Brazilians in this age group at the moment.

Unread 18-01-2008, 04:33 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

Unread 18-01-2008, 04:55 PM
dunk

What about Rodrigo Possebom?

Did we sign him? Does he exist? Will we ever see him or is he another Rincon?

Unread 18-01-2008, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What about Rodrigo Possebom?

Did we sign him? Does he exist? Will we ever see him or is he another Rincon?
Is that the lad from Internacional? Arrives in the summer, I thought.

Unread 18-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Coracao

Quote:

I'm surprised a thread hasn't been started about Wes £#%&!ing off....

Unread 18-01-2008, 08:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Is that the lad from Internacional? Arrives in the summer, I thought.
Yeah, that's him.

So he does actually exist then. I remember reading stories about him signing in the summer, but I've heard £#%&! all since.

Attacking Midfielder, I believe, 17-18 years old. If he were to arrive and adapt in the manner of Anderson we would be in very good stead.

Unread 18-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, that's him.

So he does actually exist then. I remember reading stories about him signing in the summer, but I've heard £#%&! all since.

Attacking Midfielder, I believe, 17-18 years old. If he were to arrive and adapt in the manner of Anderson we would be in very good stead.
he's supposed to be a defensive mid i think

Unread 18-01-2008, 08:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Turns 19 in February. Never heard of him before, tbh, although Internacional's record of producing quality young players over the last twenty years is very encouraging.

Unread 27-03-2008, 02:00 PM
legendary saf

at OT on Sunday

Unread 27-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

at OT on Sunday
As has been said before, since they arrived in January, they have been at every home game.

They will both be at the Villa match as well funnily enough

Unread 27-03-2008, 02:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Is it the case that they're not allowed to represent the club at any level until they turn 18 in the summer?

Unread 27-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Is it the case that they're not allowed to represent the club at any level until they turn 18 in the summer?
I believe that question to be correct.
Closed Thread