United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:21 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He is allowed to be criticised, you do it constantly.
He didn't play well last night or at Derby where almost everyone was very poor. You really enjoyed posting this didn't you.
well it's always open season on everyone else match by match. Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson all get it.

Scholes shouldn't be starting. Don't know why everyone is in denial. It's glaringly obvious.

nft.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:22 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
so that's at least 4 forumistas that didn't watch the game last night.

nft.
well unless i was watching the crowd from my seat at OT, £#%&! knows what i was watching then

plum

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:23 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Bit harsh to suggest sacking Ferguson just to get the best out of Scholes.
i suggesting scholes retire with grace and dignity.
we can afford to carry him another season and giving him games at the expense of giving some good young players will be helping no one.

football shoudnt wait for anyone as we are heading towards keano treatment with him.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:23 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
well unless i was watching the crowd from my seat at OT, £#%&! knows what i was watching then

plum
so you thought Scholes wasn't piss poor then?

nft.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
well it's always open season on everyone else match by match. Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson all get it.

Scholes shouldn't be starting. Don't know why everyone is in denial. It's glaringly obvious.

nft.
Who says everyone else is in denial? He wouldn't be in my first choice pairing on current form. Still think he has a role to play though.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
i suggesting scholes retire with grace and dignity.
we can afford to carry him another season and giving him games at the expense of giving some good young players will be helping no one.

football shoudnt wait for anyone as we are heading towards keano treatment with him.
Who would you like to see in the team when Scholes retires?

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:31 AM
marlo

Quote:
id like to see anderson and carrick develop a partnership with fletcher tossed in there now and again depending on if its a 2 or 3 man midfield.

a replacement for hargreaves would be good as well.
given us 4 central midfielders plus giggs and maybe gibson.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:31 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
anyone but scholes would be my guess.

nft.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:34 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
id like to see anderson and carrick develop a partnership with fletcher tossed in there now and again depending on if its a 2 or 3 man midfield.

given us 4 central midfielders plus giggs and maybe gibson.

I was understanding you till that last word. He is so £#%&!ing useless he makes liam miller look good

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:35 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
so you thought Scholes wasn't piss poor then?

nft.
nani was much worse

Quote:
the arsenal supporting #@&%! will say anderson

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

nft.
I think you're being harsh.

He has had some bad games and does have a tendency to be run through, but given that we won the game while giving other midfielders some who are very young and some who are very old a rest it a good job.

You can't just say he mustn't start because if you do you have to say that some players HAVE to start and that just isn't possible.

Personally I thin kthat Scholes needs ot stay fit, if he stays fit he will keep up better in games

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Withers

Quote:
id like to see anderson

Anderson? Really? You surprise me.

Not sure Fergie rates him at the moment. Looks like he is 5th choice out of 5 at the moment if the last two games are anything to go by.

I agree on the Hargreaves bit though.

Being serious I have thought that our midfield as a collective has been a bit over rated for a while. A lot of our players are too similar, we lack serious pace and drive in there (Puts very thick tin hat on)

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:40 AM
marlo

Quote:
Anderson? Really? You surprise me.

Not sure Fergie rates him at the moment. Looks like he is 5th choice out of 5 at the moment if the last two games are anything to go by.

I agree on the Hargreaves bit though.

Being serious I have thought that our midfield as a collective has been a bit over rated for a while. A lot of our players are too similar, we lack serious pace and drive in there (Puts very thick tin hat on)
we had a player who had that.
remember him running through the whole liverpool team last season and going on a few power runs at other times as well(villa -a-)
imagine how good he would be if he was given more games and his manager shown faith in him instead of going into games very negative by playing park and fletcher. players deployed with snuffing out the opposition the main objective.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Ginners

scholes was very poor last night but i was shocked to see him start tbh, palacios and cattermole are not the sort of players to give scholes time to do his thing.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
scholes was very poor last night but i was shocked to see him start tbh, palacios and cattermole are not the sort of players to give scholes time to do his thing.
A good point, I'd have gone with Carrick and Anderson or Fletcher against thoise two.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:44 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I think you're being harsh.

He has had some bad games and does have a tendency to be run through, but given that we won the game while giving other midfielders some who are very young and some who are very old a rest it a good job.

You can't just say he mustn't start because if you do you have to say that some players HAVE to start and that just isn't possible.

Personally I thin kthat Scholes needs ot stay fit, if he stays fit he will keep up better in games
our best 2 midfielders are Carrick and Anderson. Hargreaves when fit would also be in there as well. Fletcher and Scholes should be used as squad players. the reason we struggled last night was because of scholes's limitations in the middle of the park. he's no way near the player he once was. play him in a 3 but in a 2 you're asking for trouble.

nft.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Withers

Quote:
we had a player who had that.
remember him running through the whole liverpool team last season and going on a few power runs at other times as well(villa -a-)
imagine how good he would be if he was given more games and his manager shown faith in him instead of going into games very negative by playing park and fletcher. players deployed with snuffing out the opposition the main objective.
Anderson has certainly faded this year, along with Nani. To be honest I think it is more mismanagement by Ronaldo than Ferguson.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
A good point, I'd have gone with Carrick and Anderson or Fletcher against thoise two.
anderson done well when he came on, seeing as he didnt play sunday i was expecting him to start this one.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:52 AM
marlo

Quote:
Anderson has certainly faded this year, along with Nani. To be honest I think it is more mismanagement by Ronaldo than Ferguson.
i dont even think he has faded. i think he hasnt played enough.
a young players need to play more to get himself in the grove. his last run of games resulted in some of our best performances over the last two seasons.

he rushed back after the olympics to play for us. played well against portsmouth and imo carried scholes but there was no hiding place against zenit and it became apparent the two of them cant play well together.
he was then started against liverpool on the left wing. drifted infield a few times (brilliant ouch for the first goal) but was really out the game on the lw while scholes and carrick were very poor.
hardly played for abit and then starts at arsenal and was brilliant. carrick was unbelievably poor that day but it came as a shock when he was subbed.

since then he has hardly played and when he does play he has played in silly line ups when he is a support striker or in some wierd team with possebon or gibson.
then comes the game against blackburn when he links up well to score that 1-2-1-2-1-2 with tevez and the brilliant through ball for tevez 4th goal.
players against aalborg in europe and gets a good assist with a ball to wayne rooney.(3 assists in two games by then)
frozen out again and then plays very well in japan.
come back and hardly plays.

our team is being picked using a roulette wheel.

ask 4 goal tevez who was left our after scoring four goals in the cc.

Unread 15-01-2009, 11:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
anderson done well when he came on, seeing as he didnt play sunday i was expecting him to start this one.
I'd definitely start him on Satdee.
Closed Thread