United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i've heard some of the money will be spent on ramping up the number of average speed cameras and automatic vehicle ID equipment

drive carefully
Thanks for the tip off. I appreciate your concern for my well being.

Take care.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
fed up being £#%&!ed over at every turn ....maybe i could just do £#%&! all and let someone else pay for my existance, seems to be all the rage these days, becoming state dependant....a bit scouse maybe but Throbs will love me for it
there's no curb crawling on the DSS DL

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Bleed the bastards dry Denis (not realising I mean the British tax payers) You'll be this forum's hero. They £#%&!ing love people who sit back and do £#%&! all but take on here. Don't forget when you get fined for not putting rubbish in the right bin to blame Thatcher, or the motorist either is OK. As a reserve in case the person you are arguing against actually knows something, blame the monarchy and or immigration.

taking notes TS.....im not well up on this dependancy culture ...but it sound fantastic

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there's no curb crawling on the DSS DL
im sure i could get an EU grant for it though

Unread 02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's a perfectly good point. i have no idea what the campaign has been like (though i tend to ignore campaigns anyway) and am just commenting on the general principles.
Well I'm with you 100% on the principle of it. But it has to be done correctly, and so far I'm not convinced that blindly voting yes because the principle is correct is the right way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
We should get the transport improvements first and then a congestion charge.

People will pay the congestion charge until there is better public transport. Simple as that.

I can just imagine people ditching their cars, only to find that public transport is over crowded (because there are no improvements forthcoming!), then go back to their cars. Catch 22.
The transport investment depends on a Yes vote. But the congestion charge will not be brought in until 80% of the transport expansion is complete - set for 2013 at the moment.

I was contacted as a 'business owner' (there's one of me ) today by MORI and this is what they explained to me.
Closed Thread